14. Langford
15. Cockatoo
16. McKenzie
17. Laverde
18. Heeney
19. Weller
20. Garlett
21. Goddard

Pans out like that and our mods are in for a busy night.
well if they pick ellis ahead of weller and laverde i would really of liked to see there short list

I don't think any journalist has any idea beyond the first 7 picks.

Also correct me if i'm wrong but haven't the junior coaches of Ellis, Laverde and Ahern rated Ellis as their highest rated player?

If we take one of De Goey/Ellis and Weller or Laverde are still there, I will start a petition to get FJ sacked. Fair dinkum! Ellis and De Goey seem like solid b+ career players. Weller and Laverde have the potential to be A graders.

And what if they slip to 17 and 19 respectively? Maybe a lot of recruiters don't rate them as highly as they are here ;)

I don't think any journalist has any idea beyond the first 7 picks.

Also correct me if i'm wrong but haven't the junior coaches of Ellis, Laverde and Ahern rated Ellis as their highest rated player?

Yeah, but I am always dubious of that. He could just be a teachers pet! Laverde might rub the coach the wrong way or simply different personality

Emma Quayles First Round:
1. McCartin
2. Brayshaw
3. Petracca
4. Pickett
5. De Goey
6. Ahern
7. Marchbank
8. Wright
9. Moore
10. Durdin
11. Duggan
12. Ellis
13. Lever
14. Langford
15. Cockatoo
16. McKenzie
17. Laverde
18. Heeney
19. Weller
20. Garlett
21. Goddard

Pans out like that and our mods are in for a busy night.
Gees what's Laverde done in the past week or so?
He was a top 5-8 pick now he stinks?
I'd have him

i think in the end the club has more of an idea of who they think is best and who suits their needs.... we just have to trust them as there is not much we can do about it anyway

There's 5 mids and 2 KPP that I think would be a great fit and at definately one maybe two will be available at pick 12.

My preferred mids in my preferred order:
Laverde- t there are rumors swirling around that teams before us are cooling on him.
Duggen- Gold Coast are firm favorites for his services at pick 8. But if they choose to take a tall at 8 and hope he slides to their pick 15 then I think WC will look seriously and if they pass then we will pounce.
De Goey - one of the harder players to place. GWS, Collingwood and Gold Coast all have interest. But shouldn't get past Geelong if he fell that far. I think we would take him if available.
Weller-
West Coast looking like the only suitor before us at the moment. I feel fairly confident he will be the one that falls the furthest out of the top rated mids
Ahern- GWS, Gold Coast and West Coast all reported suitors for Ahern. I think he will fall and should be available at 12.

One out of Lever and Wright will be available at 12 and I'd take Lever.

Ill take a stab at the first round for the sake of making it interesting.

1-Pat McCartin (Saints)
I believe that the saints will bite the bullet on the Key forward and will reap big rewards. Big lad in the Jarryd Roughead mold of forward. Will be a delight to watch this unit tear games apart.

2- Angus Brayshaw (Dees)
Dees are enamoured with this inside Trojan. Could lead the club one day and is the type of player that should add class to any midfield straight away.

3- Christian Petracca (Dees)
Right now there are rumors about Petraccas hips being of concern. But outside of that he will be future game breaker. Fairly difficult player to compare but has all the tools to be a 200+ gamer.

4- Jarrod Pickett (GWS)
Line breaker. Speedster with the knack of finding crucial goals. Plays both ways and loves turning 50/50 into his own.

5- Jayden Laverde (Coll)
Finisher with height. Has plenty of speed to evade tacklers and can go forward to be a mis match.

6- Hugh Goddard (GWS)
Reliable strong Key back. Very good in the air and has great speed to play many roles at either ends. GWS very keen.

7- Jordan De Goey (GWS)
Inside outside mid that loves a goal. Finds plenty of the footy and has great agility. In the mix at pies first pick but I think he goes here.

8- Liam Duggan (GC)
Sadly I think Gold Coast don't risk letting him slip to 15. Mainly because there's little to no chance both WC and Tigers pass on his exquisite skills and cool head.

9- Darcy Moore (Coll)
Promising key forward/ruck. Will be a feature at pie land for a while.

10- Jake Lever (Geel)
In my opinion a future all Australian back man. Reads the game better then any player in the draft. I think Geelong get a steal here.

11- Nakia Cockatoo (WC)
I think this will be a reach but Eagles are screaming for hard fast running mids and I think Nakia could be a star if he can develop his potential.

12- Lachie Weller (Rich)
I think we grab this excitement machine. It will be a season until we see him tear games apart but has the work ethic and knows what it takes to become a top AFL player. Has the tools to become an elite outside finisher and could easily become the best outside player from this draft. Has great vision and strong dukes.

13- Peter Wright (Freo)
Two meter Peter won't go past Freo. Wouldn't surprise me if he was taken by Tigers at 12.

14- Sam Durdin (Crows)
Home town boy. The crows look to shore up their KP stocks with a quality ball using agile big man.

15- Jarrod Garlett (GC)
Smart footy player. Super quick outside player that will run both ways. I think GC go for a quick outside ball user here.

16- Corey Ellis (NM)
I think North are very keen on Ellis. Could very well be tigers pick at 12 but I think he gets passed there. North will love his left foot and will be a great addition to their mids.

17- Caleb Marchbank (Ess)
I believe Essendon will look at Marchbank here. Another versatile tall.

18- Isaac Heeney (Syd)
Steal. Would've been top 4 pick of wasn't going here.

19- Kyle Langford (Carl)
Another tall to add to carltons ever growing Tall but-not-tall-enough backline.

20- Connor Blakely (Ess)
Rate this kid highly. Tough as nails inside mid. Lacks pace but finds plenty of the footy.

21- Ed Vickers-Willis (Stk)
Saints are reportedly pretty keen to grab him here.

So this is the best I can muster from a tough to pick first round.

And what if they slip to 17 and 19 respectively? Maybe a lot of recruiters don't rate them as highly as they are here ;)

Well, if they slip past us, they will most likely slip through until at least 15, , as Freo and Adelaide would be after KP sliders like Wright, Lever, Durdin or Goddard.

We need midfielders and are past the point of getting role players. Weller for me is the classiest midfielder in this draft, and Laverde has the potential to be the best player in this draft. They are on another level to De Goey/Ellis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might just be me, but I've got a feeling that Lever will be Gold Coast bound. Their Key Back Stocks are the weakest area of their list, and with Bock now gone, they need someone else. Getting Lever will also free up Dixon to play his more natural CHF role as well.

Did Reece McKenzie catch herpes or something. Bargain at 43.

For me, I think Carlton might be pull the trigger at 19. If not, and St. Kilda go Petracca at 1, He will be at St. Kilda at 21/22.

Well, if they slip past us, they will most likely slip through until at least 15, , as Freo and Adelaide would be after KP sliders like Wright, Lever, Durdin or Goddard.

We need midfielders and are past the point of getting role players. Weller for me is the classiest midfielder in this draft, and Laverde has the potential to be the best player in this draft. They are on another level to De Goey/Ellis.
De Goey if he's not gone by 5 will be gone by Geelong's pick.

For me, I think Carlton might be pull the trigger at 19. If not, and St. Kilda go Petracca at 1, He will be at St. Kilda at 21/22.
He could be a monster. Carlton should at least consider at 28. Is it any wonder they have no KPP's when they pass up chances like this. :eek:

He could be a monster. Carlton should at least consider at 28. Is it any wonder they have no KPP's when they pass up chances like this. :eek:

You have a look, St. Kilda lost a part timer ruckman/forward in Stanley, and if they get Petracca at 1, they will miss out on Wright and Goddard. The next best KPF would be McKenzie, and if there at 21/22 will snap him up.

Carlton will either have to go for McKenzie at 19, or hope Keitel is there at 28 if they want a potentially good KPF.

You have a look, St. Kilda lost a part timer ruckman/forward in Stanley, and if they get Petracca at 1, they will miss out on Wright and Goddard. The next best KPF would be McKenzie, and if there at 21/22 will snap him up.

Carlton will either have to go for McKenzie at 19, or hope Keitel is there at 28 if they want a potentially good KPF.
Keitel will be a Carlton dud. :D

Ellis = Conca
Laverde = Heppell

Get ready boys & Girls .......................... Here Comes Francis Jackson
giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back