List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Watch Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta go with Jaeger on this one. When your in the position the saints are in where you need quality across the park, you go for the best player available. It's not like they have an amazing midfield to kick to McCartin.

Ok ok..
Tom lynch ( McCartin )
Or Dion prestia or David Swallow ( Petracca )
Who do you pick first

McCartin is no Thomas Lynch.

Gotta go with Jaeger on this one. When your in the position the saints are in where you need quality across the park, you go for the best player available. It's not like they have an amazing midfield to kick to McCartin.

McCartin is no Thomas Lynch.
Too right. There's only one Tom Lynch....errr not counting the Crows' Tom Lynch.

How anyone can possibly say Petracca is a dime a dozen player is beyond me :eek:
You guys are acting as if there is no draft next year. St Kilda will be in the top three picks again next year.
I dont mean dime-a-dozen by saying he's an average midfielder. He'll obviously be a gun, but there are a number of draftees this year who can become gun midfielders, just as there will be plenty of midfielders next year who will become guns. No guarantee next year there will be a gun key forward available for the Saints, even if the Saints get a top 3 pick, like last years draft there was Boyd at pick 1 then absolutely nothing. Forwards are the hardest to replace.

I would be so stoked if we got any one of these combinations:

Pick 8: Pickett, Duggan, Laverde

Pick 15: Langford, Cockatoo, R.McKenzie

Pick 29: Blakely, Cavka, Miller, Menadue

I dont mean dime-a-dozen by saying he's an average midfielder. He'll obviously be a gun, but there are a number of draftees this year who can become gun midfielders, just as there will be plenty of midfielders next year who will become guns. No guarantee next year there will be a gun key forward available for the Saints, even if the Saints get a top 3 pick, like last years draft there was Boyd at pick 1 then absolutely nothing. Forwards are the hardest to replace.

They are also very hit and miss. Huge punts. You also need to remember McCartin has diabetes. Who knows how that will pan out? I take the sure thing in Petracca. He is a physical beast and he has the potential to be the most powerful midfielder in the competition.

Just did my phantom for the BF comp:

1. St Kilda - Patrick McCartin
2. Melbourne - Christian Petracca
3. Melbourne - Angus Brayshaw
4. GWS - Jarrod Pickett
5. Collingwood - Jayden Laverde
6. GWS - Jordan De Goey
7. GWS - Hugh Goddard
8. Gold Coast - Liam Duggan
9. Collingwood - Darcy Moore (Father son)
10. Geelong - Peter Wright
11. West Coast - Lachie Weller
12. Richmond - Corey Ellis
13. Fremantle - Jake Lever
14. Adelaide - Sam Durdin
15. Gold Coast - Kyle Langford
16. North Melbourne - Nakia Cockatoo
17. Essendon - Jarrad Garlett
18. Sydney - Isaac Heeney (Academy Player from Cardiff)
19. Carlton - Caleb Marchbank
20. Essendon - Tom Lamb
21. St Kilda - Alex Neal-Bullen

* me it was hard.

Not sure where to post this but I got tickets to go on Thursday...just wanted to check something

TV Broadcast is it gunna kick off at 5:30 but what time will voting actually start?

(PS good luck with your draft picks, just reading your board its almost the same as ours - no one has a clue....)
mind you I wouldn't mind corey ellis

Last edited:

4. GWS - Jarrod Pickett
6. GWS - Jordan De Goey
7. GWS - Hugh Goddard
20. Essendon - Tom Lamb

**** me it was hard.

I really rate this.. De goey and Laverde might throw a spanner in the works though.. The rest I like

I don't mind Wright at 8. I mentioned this during the year, but we have zero key forward depth. When Dixon, Day and Lynch are all playing, Herbert is our key forward in the 2s. Also mean no-one can come in to fill the void left by one of Dixon, Day or Lynch if those guys get injured. With Josh hall so down with injuries it's hard to see if he'll make it at this point.

Wright was touted as a possible number one pick at the start of the year, remember. Just had a shocking year with injury and slid as a result. Once he gets himself right and can develop some core strength I think he'll be a very good forward. Has an outrageous set shot too. Really accurate and goal from set shots from 65 out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind Wright at 8. I mentioned this during the year, but we have zero key forward depth. When Dixon, Day and Lynch are all playing, Herbert is our key forward in the 2s. Also mean no-one can come in to fill the void left by one of Dixon, Day or Lynch if those guys get injured. With Josh hall so down with injuries it's hard to see if he'll make it at this point.

Wright was touted as a possible number one pick at the start of the year, remember. Just had a shocking year with injury and slid as a result. Once he gets himself right and can develop some core strength I think he'll be a very good forward. Has an outrageous set shot too. Really accurate and goal from set shots from 65 out.

Any 200cm 17 yr old who can kick straight from 50m and dominate all the smaller kids will always seem like a good bet..
This year things have changed, others have developed better and gone past him.. Not even close to a number 1 pick now
Supposably his a 50/50 contested Mark at best.. For a 200cm beast playing on smaller opponents that's not great at all

Last edited:
At 17 and 200 cm I dont think its so easy to dominate other kids as it sounds, every player he plays on is still kpp height and he will need to learn how to use his body which he's growing into, but his kicking and running are massive pros we can work with I think.

Obviously im a fan, but one issue I have is that although he will be better in the ruck then day, sammy will be alot better on the ground and defensively. Having dixon, lynch and wright seems a little 1 dimensional.

Still havent ruled out a leslie like pick from clayton. Getting excited!

Not sure where to post this but I got tickets to go on Thursday...just wanted to check something

TV Broadcast is it gunna kick off at 5:30 but what time will voting actually start?

(PS good luck with your draft picks, just reading your board its almost the same as ours - no one has a clue....)
mind you I wouldn't mind corey ellis
Not sure mate, I'm in the same boat at you. It says that gates open at 5:15pm and the broadcast starts 15 minutes later. If it goes like other years, there will be 15 minutes of talking the bullshitting by the Fox Footy idiots and the first pick will be selected before 6pm sometime!

May can move forward if required, who knows if Eade will play a 3 tall forward line.

4. GWS - Jarrod Pickett
6. GWS - Jordan De Goey
7. GWS - Hugh Goddard
20. Essendon - Tom Lamb

**** me it was hard.

No Ahern?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back