List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Watch Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Trent is 191cm, that's taller than May, put some beef on him and he could play KP IMO

Okay so by your logic Brodie Smith is a KPP because he is 194cm? And so is Bontempelli? And so is Grant Birchall? Being tall is not the sole indicator of a key position player. McKenzie and Cameron are definitely not key position players.

Lacking KPP
Schade's a spud
Leslie was random out of nowhere.. Should of been a 4th round pick not a 2nd..
1 season in cant bag him to much..
But Theres a chance he might not make it at AFL level.. Not our fault Clayton picks idiot KPP
Just pick Duggan he is a sure thing.. No one will complain
Wright will be a good player.. But just not what i want the Suns to chase this year

My god you can talk some crap.

I'll wait to see if that is ever actually an issue. At no point in time have we had a full roster of talls to select from. Rucks especially, where Wright can play.

We have plenty of mid depth. Tall depth we do not.

I am warming to Wright. For the sole reason outlined in your post.

FYI, a couple of sources I know would take Wright at 4 or 5 if they had picks there. Seems to mirror what Sheehan said.

One also really ranked Cockatoo and would have no issue taking him top 10 despite the limited football this year. If we can get both I'd be very happy!

Emma strikes again. Do they work in recruiting your sources?

Anyone else not too sure how Wigg fits in at AFL level? Reminds me a bit of Jackson Allen.

Pick 8- duggan
Pick 15 cockatoo
Pick 29 reece mcKenzie..
Only because everyone is unsure of Sam Day
when his on.. Mckenzie is unstopable!!
Travis cloke mould beast!!
and our reserves could do with a real forward..
No offense Ben, but you probably can't speak for me regarding Sam Day. Big fan and of what he brings to the team's structure. Watch the Freo and Collingwood games again.
Lynch is a contested marking freak, do you want him double/triple teamed??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No offense Ben, but you probably can't speak for me regarding Sam Day. Big fan and of what he brings to the team's structure. Watch the Freo and Collingwood games again.
Lynch is a contested marking freak, do you want him double/triple teamed??
Hence i said get Mckenzie at pick 29 so the structure stays the same and you still get duggan at 8
Mckenzie had a 10 goal 13 mark game for the Northen Knights in the TAC cup this year

Always thought of Blakely as a classic footballer's footballer. Not pretty but does the basics well and provides the grunt in the middle for the runners to feed off.

Cockatoo would easily be top 5 without the injury. Too bigger risk for clubs with only one pick, but a steal at #15 for us. Would be like finding money in the street.

Last I heard, Geelong were pretty keen on him, hence his last minute invitation to the draft. But I agree, he is too good to pass on at 15, even with his limited playing time this year.

Day might get up the ground but he sure doesnt find the ball... 6 touches a game..? Didnt kick a goal for over 6 weeks at one point?

Mckenzie couldnt be any worse, and for pick29.. Unlike Day at 3
I can understand your frustration at his slow development but he did kick 20 goals as the 3rd tall forward this year despite playing a lot in the ruck towards the end of the year.
Kosi drove Saints' fans insane as he was pick#2 and they wanted more. But when he was fit, Riewoldt was a lot more dangerous.

Okay so by your logic Brodie Smith is a KPP because he is 194cm? And so is Bontempelli? And so is Grant Birchall? Being tall is not the sole indicator of a key position player. McKenzie and Cameron are definitely not key position players.

Might not be the sole indicator but history shows its a good indicator, I hear what your saying just thought Trent could help out as a KP back if options were low

Remove this Banner Ad

Back