News 2014 Geelong guernseys and apparel - new 'premiership guernsey' to be worn in Round 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Arrived in the mail today!

1460039_10202991672972394_266734398_n.jpg
1476354_10202991675052446_663060288_n.jpg

While I've got ya there,I go back a long way,do me a favor don't ever grow a little mustache under that nose.

There's about 88 reasons why he shouldn't!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah doesn't work.

Not working for me either. Quite keen to see it though, don't mind the sound of an indigenous jumper.

It's an interesting mentality we have here isn't it...

The biggest football (soccer) teams in the world like Man U and Barcelona make huge money and huge changes to their clash strip each year... and everyone embraces it... we can't handle it if something is slightly different.

FWIW I just want our clash jumper to look good... could be orange with the just think campaign and could look brilliant... that said I'm happy with this one as well

Firstly, just taking Manchester United. I think it's safe to say they've got slightly more supporters than footy clubs here do. Just a little bit more.

Secondly, and more importantly, they actually need to have alternatively strips. They play in a league that has around 90 professional teams (covering the 4 divisions). Sides that also wear predominantly red as their home kit include:

Liverpool, Arsenal, Cardiff City, Nottingham Forest, Middlesborough, Charlton Athletic, Stoke City, Southampton, Sunderland, Rotherham, Crewe, Doncaster, Swindon Town and so on.

How many teams here wear blue and white hoops apart from Geelong?

Firstly, just taking Manchester United. I think it's safe to say they've got slightly more supporters than footy clubs here do. Just a little bit more.

Secondly, and more importantly, they actually need to have alternatively strips. They play in a league that has around 90 professional teams (covering the 4 divisions). Sides that also wear predominantly red as their home kit include:

Liverpool, Arsenal, Cardiff City, Nottingham Forest, Middlesborough, Charlton Athletic, Stoke City, Southampton, Sunderland, Rotherham, Crewe, Doncaster, Swindon Town and so on.

Assuming Facebook 'likes' is a good representative sample of supporter numbers, Manchester United has about 550 times as many supporters as Geelong.

Norf wear blue and white stripes which clashes, Collingwood wear black and white stripes. Granted those are your only clashes but every team in the AFL still needs one.

You guys could have navy with white pinhoops once Collingwood eventually reverts to white with black stripes, or have an all red jumper (the jumper you wore in your early days).

Norf wear blue and white stripes which clashes, Collingwood wear black and white stripes. Granted those are your only clashes but every team in the AFL still needs one.

You guys could have navy with white pinhoops once Collingwood eventually reverts to white with black stripes, or have an all red jumper (the jumper you wore in your early days).

If you can't tell the difference between North wearing their normal jumper and Geelong wearing theirs, well let's just say I'm glad my eyesight is better than yours.

Of course you can tell the difference.

Would be a hell of a lot better to watch if we wore red though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back