No Oppo Supporters 2014 General AFL Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be very interesting to see for sure. Let's not forget this is in response to having their captain poached on big money. Bulldogs not on a good wicket so to see them hit back and make moves appeals to me. Boyd looks a right arrogant prick that will be good in media and will have a goal kicking career ahead of him, I can see some sense to how they've done the deal. Effectively paying Boyd 600K later in the contract would be well below market price (assuming he develops and the contract is 5.5mil over 6 years). It's a smart deal I think.

Add to this, Gordon just a small bit player trumpeting what every Vic president does. Not ideal. But for this moment I can look past that and give the doggies a tick for having swagger.

Boyd could end up like Carey - massive fish in a shallow pool. If his ego and selfishness is this out of control after 7 games of AFL, ,imaging what he'll be like when he's on Buddy money.

I hope he's setting himself up for a weekly crucifiction at the hands of his own supporters when it dawns on them how completely unwarranted his contract is.

Fun fact: In the 2013 AFL Financial report Director Mr WJ Kelty Experience includes (and you'll laugh a lot I'm sure)...Member of McGuire Media Advisory Board.

I find this conflict of interest beyond disturbing.

And no one here was surprised

Maybe someone needs to make a version of this soon-to-be-released cricket doco for Aussie Rules... I'd contribute to the Kickstarter campaign :p

http://deathofagentlemanfilm.com/

Fun fact: In the 2013 AFL Financial report Director Mr WJ Kelty Experience includes (and you'll laugh a lot I'm sure)...Member of McGuire Media Advisory Board.

I find this conflict of interest beyond disturbing.

Kelty is also the Chair of the Advisory Board for David Evans' company (Evans & Partners).
McGuire also sits on that Board.

Lots of very comfortable relationships at the AFL top table.

Pick 6 not a pick 1 replacement. But it'll do for gws I'm sure.

Boyd. Wow. Doggies gave bet the farm on this kid. Makes the Buddy trade look pedestrian.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 6 not a pick 1 replacement. But it'll do for gws I'm sure.

Boyd. Wow. Doggies gave bet the farm on this kid. Makes the Buddy trade look pedestrian.

Giants seems the winners on this given they get a proven star and a first round pick while they give up Boyd who has played 7 games and will eat up thier salary cap before he reaches the peak of his abilities.

Bombers & Port in mediation over Ryder. Its nice to know that with the all ebbs and unexpected turns you can still rely on the Bombers to be complete dimwits to deal with when it comes to trading.

Bombers are hopeless.
Port aren't much better though if you look back at letting Nick Stevens go for nothing in 2003?

If a player doesn't want to be there make it work for you.
Look at the Dogs/Giants.

Bombers are hopeless.
Port aren't much better though if you look back at letting Nick Stevens go for nothing in 2003?

If a player doesn't want to be there make it work for you.
Look at the Dogs/Giants.
Problem was Collingwood generally don't like giving up players, and their best draft pick that year was #18 - when clubs were more inclined to give up higher picks to get the guns.

From Cameron, Patton and Boyd to now just Cameron.. for 2015.

How quickly it can change.

Was Camerons injury chronic or just a "bump"?

I rate that guy so highly I hope he really gets a good crack at it and shines in a team that runs last for a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back