2014 home attendances

The budgeted target, will we

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously you are on top of the ladder. Anything under 47000 would be a disgrace.

Seriously is you brain functioning properly. Look at our Saturday arvo crowds and add about 15-20% as its twilight. I knows lots of people who can't make it because they are still playing, or involved in local footy at 4pm.

42 and change.

Pretty happy with that considering St Kilda are awful, they have no supporters in Adelaide and its a long weekend.

Underestimated again, this time by about 10000. We now have 266476 who have come to our 6 games, the total who have been to the footy at AO is over 500000. We only need to average 25500 for the remaining 5 home games to beat the record total that we set in 1997.

Underestimated again, this time by about 10000. We now have 266476 who have come to our 6 games, the total who have been to the footy at AO is over 500000. We only need to average 25500 for the remaining 5 home games to beat the record total that we set in 1997.

The clubs a money machine for the Sanfl , sma, and the league in general

As KT pointed out post-match last time we played St Kilda in Adelaide the game drew 21,000.

I'll say it again, what a turnaround!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

42 and change.

Pretty happy with that considering St Kilda are awful, they have no supporters in Adelaide and its a long weekend.
I was quite surprised at the lack of Saints fans at the game. At the Hawks game their fans were everywhere in the city and at the ground. I saw almost no Saints fans in town yesterday. I understand the Saints have a smaller support base and aren't doing well but there are still a lot of them in Adelaide. Just no-shows I guess.

RIPPER CROWD!

Long weekend, twilight not always favorable, playing an ordinary team...42k!

In perspective...

36k at Geelong Vs Carlton, under a roof, friday night, both teams fighting for top 8 spots, both Victorian.
35k at St. Kilda Vs Collingwood the previous Friday night

Furthermore
68k at Collingwood V Carlton. Half this = 34k a piece. The biggest rivalry in the land, at the home of football, on a friday night, both fighting for finals, the Daisy Thomas factor, numerous neutrals would have been in attendance...

Conclusion:
Anyone complaining about our crowds, stick up your proverbial!

Rivalries aside for a second, the Cows will probably beat their biggest ever average home crowd as well of 46,226 in 93, on the back of their lowest ever average last year (33).

The stadium has been a phenomenon, not just for footy but the state as a whole. There'll be sporting bodies and governments from all over the world analysing what's happened here.

42,000 to a home and away game in any sporting league in the world is a good crowd.
Try selling that upbeat realistic turnout to the K'woes board. Last night it was full of haha they've topped out
the tarps will be back etc etc. Even one of their OWN posters said geez "we're turning into a miserable lot, is it coz
Port are playing well"? The reply from within their own ranks commented "your a strange poster" Probably
smelling a 5th columist in their ranks.

Top deck of the East, the two most northern bays seem to be allocated for away supporters. The Saints had good numbers up there but had very little to cheer about. Don't remember a team kicking the ball back to us that much in a long time.

Top deck of the East, the two most northern bays seem to be allocated for away supporters. The Saints had good numbers up there but had very little to cheer about. Don't remember a team kicking the ball back to us that much in a long time.
I reckon tingle supporters might disagree. Round 2 they picked us out nicely.

I said take our Saturday arvo crowds and add 15%-20% for a twilight game.

Bris 36.2k x 1.20 = 43.4k
Freo 38.2k x 1.15 = 43.9k

I over estimated by a 1,000. Although 15% extra on Brisbane crowd is less than 42k.
St Kilda were 16th and attract a few more but not that much more than Brisbane or Freo.

Innumerate brain dead morons would predict high 40's on a Saturday arvo v 16th and low drawing vic team.

Back