Injury 2014 Injury Tracker

Remove this Banner Ad

LJ out for 6 weeks after surgery on a tendon in his hand, MJ might play Thursday, Lynch has surgery and still looking at 4-6 weeks.

Injury list as of Tuesday, May 13
Matthew Jaensch (ribs) – Test
Jason Porplyzia (back) – Test
*Ian Callinan (hamstring) – Test
Jack Osborn (back) – 1 week
Brad Crouch (leg) – 2 weeks
Tom Lynch (jaw) – 4-6 weeks
Lewis Johnston (hand) – 6 weeks
Nathan van Berlo (Achilles) – TBA
Ricky Henderson (ankle) – TBA

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2014-05-13/injury-update-surgery-sidelines-forward

So Jaensch may be good to go after all, no broken ribs apparently.

I'm curious as to how that could be such an epic misdiagnosis?

On one of the footy shows through the week they said 3 broken ribs. Was that just a bit of a fill the gaps by them?

Good for the fantasy team to have him back ;)

Good news that Hendo is tracking along okay, Hopefully we are in the hunt for finals when he is fit, It could make a big difference if he is in form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goes back to my earlier statement that he is on course for a r17 return.

Lynch, Crouch, Otten and Hendo to replace our bottom 4 players and that's a significant improvement.

I am very biased but I firmly believe our best 22 can beat anyone if they bring their A game.
So who do they replace? Wright, hartigan/Rutten, pods, Cameron, crouch Jnr? Some tough calls to be made.

So who do they replace? Wright, hartigan/Rutten, pods, Cameron, crouch Jnr? Some tough calls to be made.

Under performers should make way. Pressure in the SANFL will help. Competition will bring out better efforts.

If Tex was any "other" forward he may have been dropped. What I am trying to say is that if Smack or LJ produced that effort on Thursday he would be dropped. Tex needs a solid 4-6 games before he gets his mojo back.

Problem with us is that we dont have the depth to cover injuries so when they happen to whoever it invariably hurts us.
The only major player from last year where posters have felt we havent missed is VB.

The only 'blessing' for the Lynch injury is that he probably shouldnt lose any fitness and probably wouldnt hurt him to pack on some kilos of muscle. It could be a while till Crouch and Hendo play for us and be effective as well.

I still feel that Sando's plan to strip weight has cost us our ability to nail tackles this year.

If we can get Hendo back in 4 to 6 and keep playing as we did vs Pies... serious weapons with Jaensch/Smith/Hendo off half back...

All comes down to intensity. I'm slowly starting to see the gameplan coming together. Slowly. Still not totally in love with it - but if the intensity is there it looks better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back