2014 Injury Updates - Gawn avoids ACL rupture

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broken jaw, one week away. I want to see him back too, though he had been dropped to the VFL. I think he's got a lot to offer as a mid, particularly now that Trengove is out for the year.
Agreed, liked the look of him in the nab cup and thought he would burst onto the scene, and you guys need some luck eventually

I personally thought Viv was pretty good for us in his first few games, but obviously had a shocker v West Coast. Might have been a bit of a knee jerk reaction from Roos dropping him after that, but it doesn't really matter now. Fingers crossed he can come back and get back into the side, though he'll have to compete with Salem, Riley, Toumpas and Strauss if he wants his spot back from the sounds of their VFL form.

I personally thought Viv was pretty good for us in his first few games, but obviously had a shocker v West Coast. Might have been a bit of a knee jerk reaction from Roos dropping him after that, but it doesn't really matter now. Fingers crossed he can come back and get back into the side, though he'll have to compete with Salem, Riley, Toumpas and Strauss if he wants his spot back from the sounds of their VFL form.

Competition for spots? Yes please! :rainbow:

The footy show has announced that Hogan has not responded well to work on his back and his season is in serious doubt now

Melbourne Footy Club:thumbsu:
Seriously just when I thought after 8 years or junk and disappointment that the club has served up that this year was finally going to be the turning point....F*CK this.

Seriously just when I thought after 8 years or junk and disappointment that the club has served up that this year was finally going to be the turning point....F*CK this.

I am almost numb to these things now, What else did we expect?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Dawes himself said he could be back in 4 weeks and expects him to play this season, I'll take a bloke at the club over an idiot that can't interpret words.

If you think he is going to be back in 4 weeks id take a good hard look at who your slinging insults at

Where did I say he'll be back in 4 weeks? Lrn2red pls.

If you want an argument go stand in front of the mirror

I just mentioned what was said on the footy show, If anyone else watched the show and disagrees with what I said then your welcome to disagree with me as for you mate continue logging on to bigfooty and having a crack at peoples posts without ever adding anything

They never said his season was in serious doubt they said they are unsure as to when he would return.

Yeh that whole segment wreaked of bullshit from Damien Barrett - tried to imply he may never play again, only to back off massively when queries by Garry Lyon.

Dawes said he's expected to return this year.

If you want an argument go stand in front of the mirror

I just mentioned what was said on the footy show, If anyone else watched the show and disagrees with what I said then your welcome to disagree with me as for you mate continue logging on to bigfooty and having a crack at peoples posts without ever adding anything

You completely embellished the story with things that weren't said, I added the things that were said.

You completely embellished the story with things that weren't said, I added the things that were said.

He said there were doubts about the future of Jesse Hogan, His back has not responded to treatment and the stress fractures havent healed, They said they are meeting with Hogan to discuss his immediate future and then stressed they will do what is best for the long term health of him

Before Round 1 they said possibly round 2
Then is stretched out to 4

Its now round 6 and dawesy said 4 which takes you to round 10, however they just announced he hasnt responded to treatment and if you take into account he will need to build in match fitness then round 10 is VERY VERY unlikely

If you dont take out of that the season is in doubt you are an optimist

Blatantly stolen from Facebook... yet it now seems apt....

4to6_zpsce4ff7a7.jpg

Anyway...FFS MFC just do what it takes to get him right.

If he plays in 4 weeks, great.

If he needs to be out for the season to get him right, then fine.

Just don't **** it up.

"Serious doubt as to when he will play again" I'm pretty sure he said.

In other words no set time of return, but Barrett tried as hard as possible to make it come across as doubtful of returning at all.

If he has cracked vertebrae as reported on D-land then it makes sense it will be a while before we have an idea of a return date.

He'll recover though, that's the main thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back