2014 Injury Updates - Gawn avoids ACL rupture

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someday I'm going to build a time machine, go back to the point little me decided to defect from Essendon and barrack for the Dees, and give that kid a piece of my mind.

I defected from the Swans at around age 6-7 with Plugger as my hero, The * was I thinking

If you want an argument go stand in front of the mirror

I just mentioned what was said on the footy show, If anyone else watched the show and disagrees with what I said then your welcome to disagree with me as for you mate continue logging on to bigfooty and having a crack at peoples posts without ever adding anything
No you didn't, you said his season was in serious doubt when Purple said the club was unsure when he'll return.

What's with all you Johnny come latelies, one of the first ever photos of my existence shows me decked out head to toe in demon gear. At least you guys had a choice!! My parents didn't even get my consent... ****holes

I'm not actually angry either though, full on desensitised. Hopefully he plays this year, with stress injury you can only be certain that time is the greatest healer.

Yeh even bigger load of fluff that the Hogan 'story'.

Damien Barrett is just hopeless.

I dislike the oxygen thief as much as the next person, but before round 1 he did say Hogan would be out for a fair while, whereas the club was saying 2 to 4 back then. Turns out ot was right, whether it was a correct guess or if he knew things that the club was not telling us, who knows?

"Serious doubt as to when he will play again" I'm pretty sure he said.

In other words no set time of return, but Barrett tried as hard as possible to make it come across as doubtful of returning at all.

If he has cracked vertebrae as reported on D-land then it makes sense it will be a while before we have an idea of a return date.

He'll recover though, that's the main thing.

Came in here to check because I was sure Barrett intimated that hogan might not play again. Ever. Which seemed a ridiculous call

Hopefully Dawes thoughts that he might be back in 4 weeks is a far more accurate call. Pleasingly it seems from what Dawes said though is the club are taking a long term view with his recovery and won't jeopardise his health for any short term gains

I dislike the oxygen thief as much as the next person, but before round 1 he did say Hogan would be out for a fair while, whereas the club was saying 2 to 4 back then. Turns out ot was right, whether it was a correct guess or if he knew things that the club was not telling us, who knows?
Possible they thought it could hurt membership sales at the start of the year but more then likely they didn't know the severity at the time I'd say.

We all want him out there, but at the same time we need team improvement more than a promising young forward to become a better football side.

No you didn't, you said his season was in serious doubt when Purple said the club was unsure when he'll return.

Which with stress fractures in the back and news that they aren't responding wasn't an incorrect statement

Anyway maybe I over reacted slightly when I heard it but he hasn't completed full training yet

And the club can get stuffed on the hopeful of within a month they said that before round 1

Last edited:
What's with all you Johnny come latelies, one of the first ever photos of my existence shows me decked out head to toe in demon gear. At least you guys had a choice!! My parents didn't even get my consent... ****holes
I got talked into the Dees in grade two by some kid as I didn't have a team. Both my boys are getting brainwashed though. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eh, going off other sports I figured he had a 3-4 month injury. So AFL debut by round 14-18. Hopefully doctor Dave doesn't **** it up.

It all depends on the injury? Barrett said stress fractures but the club has maintained 'reactions'

I it's fractures he may as well plan for 2015

Nah stress fracture isn't more than 4 months even in fast bowlers, they just have to rehab longer once recovered because of the dynamic pressure of their sport. I mean they could hold him back if it's right near the end of the season it's not like it's an injury from a sporting action rather it's impact. Factoring in two bye rounds I reckon even the longer range of recovery time gives him time to get some good games in. I'm not in the profession though I just like to badger people who are about these things. :)

Nah stress fracture isn't more than 4 months even in fast bowlers, they just have to rehab longer once recovered because of the dynamic pressure of their sport. I mean they could hold him back if it's right near the end of the season it's not like it's an injury from a sporting action rather it's impact. Factoring in two bye rounds I reckon even the longer range of recovery time gives him time to get some good games in. I'm not in the profession though I just like to badger people who are about these things. :)

I have to admit It just scares me seeing stress fractures and then thinking of Patto, Cummins and Bird missing long spells

Lets hope he comes back next week and Dez can call me a peanut

I have to admit It just scares me seeing stress fractures and then thinking of Patto, Cummins and Bird missing long spells

Lets hope he comes back next week and Dez can call me a peanut

Wasn't it a knee in the back that caused it?

Yeah but like I said they get injured by the actions involved in their sports. Hogan got an impact injury which is like what happened to Andrew Bogut who missed half a season before coming back the next year and having his best year before being tunnelled and snapping his arm in two. :( Sucks being a Dees and Bucks fan.

Yeah but like I said they get injured by the actions involved in their sports. Hogan got an impact injury which is like what happened to Andrew Bogut who missed half a season before coming back the next year and having his best year before being tunnelled and snapping his arm in two. :( Sucks being a Dees and Bucks fan.
Yeah you really gotta balance how many loser clubs you can go for dude. I'm thankful Miami and Liverpool offset all the losing the Dees do for half the year.

I like you had no choice, I was born into it.

And as hopeless as we have been, I wouldn't change it for anyone!

New billionaire owners and a top 4 pick will help as long as the Schwab/Connellys get cleaned out in the process. There's hope for both my teams or I've just snapped and tipped over into insanity from all the painful fail.

If you pretend that the lowest score wins in footy melbourne are ******* AWESOME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back