2014 Injury Updates - Gawn avoids ACL rupture

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange, (as Captain Jack implied) if this was hampering his actual leg speed all this time, surely it would have been rested or dealt with earlier?

I'm not confident that fixing this will help his lack of pace.

Strange, (as Captain Jack implied) if this was hampering his actual leg speed all this time, surely it would have been rested or dealt with earlier?

His first two seasons he did not look like he was so slow, he got to tackles, he had time. He wasn't Isaac Smith or Stephen Hill but he did not look so physically overmatched. His tackling was great (remember he got three weeks for slinging a player), he was fierce, he took contested marks. The last season and four games he has looked broken. Everyone assumed it was the weight of the captaincy, and it probably was a combination of the captaincy, the lack of a sustainable game plan and an injury, but he has not been right and he will come back better. He will be almost 24, he will have a yard, he will have set his goals and he has the right attitude. Bring on 2015 for jtren9.

It depends on a couple of things, firstly did his initial injury ever fully heal?

Did he ever get the necessary stability and strength back in his foot?

I imagine that'd be the hardest thing - there's also the issue of, did he think it was just a minor re-occurrence and not report it for a while?

It depends on a couple of things, firstly did his initial injury ever fully heal?

Did he ever get the necessary stability and strength back in his foot?

I imagine that'd be the hardest thing - there's also the issue of, did he think it was just a minor re-occurrence and not report it for a while?
Remember he was rushed back and we couldn't understand why?

I honestly hope Jetta gets the promotion, I thought he competed well against the doggies in round 23. And was one of Caseys best if not best in the qualifying final. And he's rolled on with that form this season. I really think he has the potential to get the upgrade. Although I do think Georgiou will and he probably deserves it unless Jetta can really hear things up in the second half of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truth be be told, i said Oh Well' and shrugged my shoulders when i heard the Trengove news.

5 years on and im saying 'oh well' when our number 2 pick is out all year and possibly his career over. Sad, sad stuff, the turn of events since we drafted him, the injury and me not caring about his injury.

I have become so desensitized as a Melbourne man I heard it , blinked .... And then back to it
That's how much he has added to the side lately unfortunately

So last yr we beat GWS and lose Mitch Clark forever
We beat WB one game after losing Mark neeld for ever
Now we beat Carlton and it possibly costs us the career of JT

Winning Melbourne style :thumbsu:

If we beat gold coast 2 players will slip and break each others legs in the showers doing an Alex rance style penguin slide

It's nowhere near as bad as Clark's injury. Clark's was an injury to an extremely complex joint, jacks is a fracture to bone. Every chance of full resolution for a young bloke.

That egan comparisons are ridiculous, people forget he tried to get back from this injury in 4 weeks to make the 07 GF. Enough said.

I am Trenners will have a year off and get his body right.

I have become so desensitized as a Melbourne man I heard it , blinked .... And then back to it

If we beat gold coast 2 players will slip and break each others legs in the showers doing an Alex rance style penguin slide
If we beat gold coast that makes 2 in a row so it will be the death of a side that resembles a vfl team, and the birth of a team that can compete at AFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His first two seasons he did not look like he was so slow, he got to tackles, he had time. He wasn't Isaac Smith or Stephen Hill but he did not look so physically overmatched. His tackling was great (remember he got three weeks for slinging a player), he was fierce, he took contested marks. The last season and four games he has looked broken. Everyone assumed it was the weight of the captaincy, and it probably was a combination of the captaincy, the lack of a sustainable game plan and an injury, but he has not been right and he will come back better. He will be almost 24, he will have a yard, he will have set his goals and he has the right attitude. Bring on 2015 for jtren9.
He ran the 20m sprint in 2.91s at his Combine IIRC. Was definitely in the quicker bracket, and he's always had a fantastic tank. It's just that injuries, our game plan and his changing role took his running game away from him. Hopefully with a healthy body and a more free license to play under Roos he can get back to what he was like with Bailey.

I think there's quite a few of us that feel the same way to be honest.

I honestly hope Jetta gets the promotion, I thought he competed well against the doggies in round 23. And was one of Caseys best if not best in the qualifying final. And he's rolled on with that form this season. I really think he has the potential to get the upgrade. Although I do think Georgiou will and he probably deserves it unless Jetta can really hear things up in the second half of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can do both:
Georgiou is already elevated for Mitch Clark LTI/retired
We can also elevate Jetta now for Jack Trengove LTI

Can do both:
Georgiou is already elevated for Mitch Clark LTI/retired
We can also elevate Jetta now for Jack Trengove LTI
Costs 50k, they won't do it in a hurry unless they want him in asap.

Read on the Suns board that Watts didn't complete training. Anybody know?

Corkie - no biggie.

Just on Trenners, he said he's been playing with the injury (in a more 'stress reaction' type form) for the past 15 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back