Live Event 2014 NAB AFL Draft Discussion - Coming to a Board Near You...

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a bloodbath last week mutt. Daniel a match winner and heeney couldn't get near it. Still love his game though.
They are both guns aren't they? We are so fortunate to have Daniel and Sydney so fortunate to have Heeney. Both are 200 game studs.

Worst post of the decade candidate this.
Hang on, it had a bit of merit :p
I'm nervous if you are going back 6 months to find the worst post of the decade :eek:

Hang on, it had a bit of merit :p
I'm nervous if you are going back 6 months to find the worst post of the decade :eek:

Was just reading through the comments around when Daniel was taken (See my Signature quote ;) ) and noticed yours. But wow at all the McKenzie talks around the same pick, I didn't realise who it was at first. Now I realise it's the young fella who left the tigers already and did that big Facebook post about them and his depression!

IN DAL WE TRUST

Was just reading through the comments around when Daniel was taken (See my Signature quote ;) ) and noticed yours. But wow at all the McKenzie talks around the same pick, I didn't realise who it was at first. Now I realise it's the young fella who left the tigers already and did that big Facebook post about them and his depression!

IN DAL WE TRUST
Which post of mine? You mean JTCWBFC's ??? I see I liked that one of yours about Caleb btw :rainbow:

I was thrilled on draft night when we got Daniel

Every game I ever saw him play he was amazing & I used to think if he was even 10cms taller than he'd have probably gone top 10 very easily.

His backwards kick at goal over his head was a moment that I hope to see in seniors :D

Just watched highlights of Caleb Daniel - not sure about the helmet but I like it! Could be a new cult hero if he gets a senior gig!

NAB and mini-Caleb say hi!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And now two of them are premiership players with us :p

I reckon this guy has summed up what happened pretty well in the bolded sentence. In short a triumph of structure over talent. Well done to Hamling and Fletch. Premiership players. I still marvel at how that has happened, particularly with Fletch.

Firstly I don't think we should be judging our current list management on past regimes.

Secondly, I haven't understood all the froth about getting in a key back scince it started a couple of months back.

There's no doubt a solid defence is a vital component of any flag tilt, but I think recent history shows that structure, cohesion & organisation is more important than the names of the players lining up down there.

I don't think it is too hard to cobble together a functional backline if all your team structures are functioning correctly. Besides I have seen more than enough in Talia, Roberts & Roughie to be confident in their prospects going forward.

If I had to guess at why we didn't rate any of the talls available in the draft I'd say it was because they lack the qualities we drafted in- skill & decision making.

I think we've all witnessed in the last few years how costly turnovers have become in the modern game, I think we are trying to build a team across the board that maintains possession. It's a strategy that I am more than happy with.

So funny to see all the melts during this draft. I particularly enjoyed reading Mattdougie's melting. Has that guy ever been right about anything?
He was right about the previous coach. Sorry to be the guy to bring that up again :$

So many continued demands for Reece 'the beast' McKenzie by me...

That sure turned out well for the Tiges!

http://www.theroar.com.au/2016/11/0...f-a-club-former-tiger-lashes-out-at-richmond/

Never pining after a player again - will come into each draft with an open mind because Dal will choose the best!
To be fair to you though it's not like you knew his mental state or interviewed him. He looked a talent and he was the right type of player. Just unfortunately was not quite up to the mental task.

Note- Reece "The Beast" Mackenzie is a trademark of Yojimbo
industries the legal papers are "in the mail".;):D

That was a fun time with all the "Lord of the rings" and
"Middle Earth" references. Loved it.:)

He was right about the previous coach. Sorry to be the guy to bring that up again :$
Right is a bit of an overstatement.
His thoughts were that McCartney was a terrible coach in every way that would set us back 5 years.
We won a flag two years after he left with a list he mostly developed.
To his credit even MD has admitted he was wrong about the development side.

Fletch was amazing in the prelim and GF.
There were a few games where he looked like Bontempelli in heavy traffic, I have wondered if Bontempelli is so good that he can possess other players to do his bidding. Would certainly make sense for how stupid he has made some players look

And yet was passed over and cast out when it came to best 22
voting only months ago, lest we forget.
There was a best 22 voting?
There were a few games where he looked like Bontempelli in heavy traffic, I have wondered if Bontempelli is so good that he can possess other players to do his bidding. Would certainly make sense for how stupid he has made some players look
Fletch has always had that capability at lower levels. I honestly think he just started feeling more comfortable. I hope he can build on it as he has brilliant skills for a big guy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back