19. Oklahoma
20. West Virginia
21. East Carolina
22. Clemson
23. Marshal
24. Duke
25. UCLA

Dropped Out: USC

• Others receiving votes: Colorado State 29, USC 22, Wisconsin 14, Stanford 9, Louisville 8, Missouri 7, North Dakota State 3, Oklahoma State 2
Not a vote for Boise State Dirty Bird

Playoff Committee Rankings:

01. Mississippi State
02. Florida State
03. Auburn
04. Ole Miss
05. Oregon
06. Alabama
07. TCU
08. Michigan State
09. Kansas State
10. Notre Dame
11. Georgia
12. Arizona
13. Baylor
14. Arizona State
15. Nebraska
16. Ohio State
17. Utah
18. Oklahoma
19. LSU
20. West Virginia
21. Clemson
22. UCLA
23. East Carolina
24. Duke
25. Louisville

Last edited:

I think it will be one of the Big12 games.
The K-State Vs Ok State, WV Vs TCU and Iowa State Vs Oklahoma are all yet to be given a time but are going to be either FS1 or ABC games. ABC afternoon or FS1 night games. Because FS1 has Baylor Vs Kansas at 3PM

If it's Oklahoma vs Iowa State, I'll go to the offices of ESPN Australia and show great displeasure of that decision.
Its not ESPN AU that pick the games. Espn US pick the games and international schedules for most countries. UK is one they no longer run

Hope our early game in the UK is TCU-WVU given we had Kansas State this week. Georgia-Florida already confirmed for the second game, schedule showing one 7pm game and one 8pm game as well so probably Auburn-Ole Miss (or Arky-Miss State) and ND-Navy.

Damn we're missing some good games next week. And for golf? Jesus H Christ. Don't we get enough of that s**t on Fox Sports?

Arizona and UCLA was the one I was really looking forward to watching. And they want me to wait til 10.30pm on Sunday? w***ers.

Damn we're missing some good games next week. And for golf? Jesus H Christ. Don't we get enough of that s**t on Fox Sports?

Arizona and UCLA was the one I was really looking forward to watching. And they want me to wait til 10.30pm on Sunday? ******s.

it will be on ESPN3

AP top 25

01. Mississippi State
02. Florida State
03. Alabama
04. Auburn
05. Oregon
06. Notre Dame
07. Ole Miss
08. Michigan State
09. Georgia
10. TCU
11. Kansas State
12. Baylor
13. Ohio State
14. Arizona
15. Arizona State
16. LSU
17. Nebraska
18. Utah
19. Oklahoma
20. West Virginia
21. East Carolina
22. Clemson
23. Marshal
24. Duke
25. UCLA

Dropped Out: USC

• Others receiving votes: Colorado State 29, USC 22, Wisconsin 14, Stanford 9, Louisville 8, Missouri 7, North Dakota State 3, Oklahoma State 2
Not a vote for Boise State Dirty Bird

Playoff Committee Rankings:
ap are frauds. It's why the BCS stopped caring about them in their rankings. Coaches poll gave them 4 ;)
And I have them 22nd now. (previous high was 26)

I need to change my rankings next year.
Each year I make minor adjustments. I changed it a little this year and it hurts a little in the 40-80 range as each week teams get mixed up and down. So there's so much change.

I need to take SoS into account for everything rather than as a tiebreaker between equal records. I have Marshall ranked #4 because of this. But Im not changing my system mid year. If I did, I'd probably put them at where I'd put.................Hmmm, just thinking, I might grow my ratings next year to include FCS teams o_O Marshall would probably be about 15ish if I changed it. Which would be about where I'd put North Dakota State.

You know, I might do that next year. Do a "Division 1 rankings". 300 team rankings :p
still no word on the ABC game at 6:30. but gameday picked a spot i didnt see coming. Morgantown WV. for WV Vs TCU. That game is a 6:30AM game and will likely be the in the empty spot.
Once Ole Miss went down, I thought this was the favourite.
The only other 2 I thought they'd consider would be the 2 games involving the Arizona teams.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WVU, the only other fan base who can match it with Oregon fans.
God, imagine them playing each other. You would actually have to segregate fans with a police line they're that bad.

Serious question - What time are the games?
ESPN's ad just that second said Florida State-Louisville was 10:30am AEST.

I thought it was 10:30AEDT? (Which I think is implied in the OP here)

These contradict each other.

This is why I hate TV's unnecessarily adding the "S" into the timezone on their advertisements. 2-3 years ago no one ever used the S during the winter months, it was just AET/ACT/AWT. About 1-2 years some people start putting the S into it and then everyone follows. 2 years ago I can swear only 10% of people went AEST in winter, now it's like 95%.

So then when summer comes and people forget, they state something wrong. If it's AET (like it was just a few years ago) right now people would ask "it's now daylight savings, is it AEDT or AEST?" But instead, they state it incorrectly as AEST and because that's a legitimate time right now, there's no reason to ask if you're a part time fan.

Predict lots of wailing about 3 SEC teams in the Playoff spots but natural attrition will trim them out in the remaining weeks. I predict only 1 SEC West team will make the playoff and the only way for a 2nd SEC team to get in is if Georgia runs the table and beats the West champ in the SEC championship.

:hearts: the playoff committee not buying into the media hype over ND.

Not really all that fussed with the 3 SEC teams in the top 4, because they'll cancel themselves out anyway. For Oregon, it's basically just win out and we should be in.

Ole Miss over Alabama shows the committee are putting emphasis on head to head.

Not that much thats surprising, maybe Notre Dame that low. Ohio State must be hating on VT!

Another big week ahead, still lots could change. This time last year Auburn were still ranked at 11, after being at 24 the week before.

the final 4 i think will end up the Pac-12, SEC, ACC and Big12 Champs.

With Big10 champ and ND the first 2 out, followed by the 2nd Best team from the SECw.

It sucks there is no Big12 championship game, i would love to see another Baylor/TCU game and most voters downgrade conferences who dont have a championship game. I think the biggest shock was no Marshal in to top 25.

In other news A&M have said the starting QB job is "up for grabs" lol the Kenny Hill bandwagon has brokendown

the final 4 i think will end up the Pac-12, SEC, ACC and Big12 Champs.

With Big10 champ and ND the first 2 out, followed by the 2nd Best team from the SECw.

It sucks there is no Big12 championship game, i would love to see another Baylor/TCU game and most voters downgrade conferences who dont have a championship game. I think the biggest shock was no Marshal in to top 25.

In other news A&M have said the starting QB job is "up for grabs" lol the Kenny Hill bandwagon has brokendown
They would be in the same division. You'd probably get TCU vs Kansas State or West Virginia.

They would be in the same division. You'd probably get TCU vs Kansas State or West Virginia.

depends how they would do division. they could split Texas like how the Pac-12 split California. Have South Texas with Texas and Baylor on one side, and North Texas TCU and Tech on the other.

But they should look at getting more teams and going back to 12 and conference Championship game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back