North Melbourne 2
Port Adelaide 1
Richmond 0
St Kilda 0
Sydney 2
West coast 3
Western bulldogs 0

Yeah we've been s**t.

yeah, and we'll be equal third if Geelong win the flag, and 3 behind Hawks if they win

But anyway, probably time to accept we are a good and successful club, not a great mighty club after this year (unless Dockers win). But thats whats good about sport, who knows what'll happen over the next decade

I'm glad Geelong won for so many reasons :) 1. I like them more than Hawthorn 2. I tipped Geelong 3. It makes last week look just a fraction less embarrassing (to see Hawthorn lose too!)

Only since a certain ex Eagle took over the reigns there, before that, they were s**t. Coincidentally, we went downhill in management, drafting and performance on field ever since... ;)

Brian Cook went to Geelong in 1999, we won a flag in 2006 so please stop talking s**t.

Brian Cook went to Geelong in 1999, we won a flag in 2006 so please stop talking s**t.

I have no idea how true this is but I was of the understanding that it was either Nisbett or Cook as they could no longer work together (Nisbett wanted Cook's job basically). The club backed Nisbett and Cook went to Geelong.

We would be better placed with Cook than what we are with Nisbett

Bryan Cook's done a great job with the Cats there is no denying it, and I hope he gets the AFL CEO's role as well because he could do a good job with it IMO.

To say we've been s**t ever since he left in 1999 is just idiotic however.

That doesnt mean the people he brought into the club and helped draft didnt pay dividends a couple of years later. We've been going downhill rapidly lately, and our CEO is largely responsible for some of those problems, such as Woosha being given the keys to the organization and not being held accountable for his results til it was way too late and the loss of other good organizational staff who went to our nearest rival and made them a powerhouse because our CEO didnt want to be superseded. You may be happy with how our club is being run but a lot of us arent, especially being beaten every year by those purple f*cks down the road. meanwhile Cook has put in place programs that have made Geelong the most successful club in the AFL which continues to be strong long after thier stars retire. Tell me how we compare to them?

Nisbett isn't perfect, but from the way you are painting it out he hasn't turned us into Melbourne either. Under his reign we've still made 2 grand finals and won one as well which is nothing to be sneezed at. Let's not forget
Worsfold was a premiership coach (who Nisbett made the right decision in appointing as well) which is why he was given the leeway he was.

Freo's betting the farm on Lyon getting them a flag in the near future, and if it doesn't pay off for them they will face a few years in the wilderness so I wouldn't get too excited just yet.

Geelong are the benchmark at the moment, but it did also take them 8 years to achieve it under Cook's reign there. I've still got doubts their dominance will continue however once the likes of Bartel, Johnson, Enright, Mackie, Kelly, Lonergan, Stokes and Rivers pull the pin in the next few seasons given they are now 30 and above. They have young talent on their list, but they are stepping into some pretty massive shoes as well which won't be easy to replace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That doesnt mean the people he brought into the club and helped draft didnt pay dividends a couple of years later. We've been going downhill rapidly lately, and our CEO is largely responsible for some of those problems, such as Woosha being given the keys to the organization and not being held accountable for his results til it was way too late and the loss of other good organizational staff who went to our nearest rival and made them a powerhouse because our CEO didnt want to be superseded. You may be happy with how our club is being run but a lot of us arent, especially being beaten every year by those purple f*cks down the road. meanwhile Cook has put in place programs that have made Geelong the most successful club in the AFL which continues to be strong long after thier stars retire. Tell me how we compare to them?

I disagree with virtually every sentence in this post, but I particularly dislike your revisionist assessment of Worsfold's performance as coach. 2011 we played excellent football. 2012 we played well despite significant injury. 2013 was a disappointing year and Worsfold left as a result. It was hardly "way too late" and it remains to be seen whether his replacement is an improvement.

heck the AFL. The current interpretation of holding the ball is an absolute farce and is making me question why I watch the game.

Absolute disgrace.

I would never expect us to play like that

Each and every single one of their midfielders are game winners. Not only do they rack up the numbers they can also bust games open and play effectively all over the ground. To have Beams, Sidebottom, Pendlebury and Swan in the same team, its amazing they aren't smashing teams every week.

Each and every single one of their midfielders are game winners. Not only do they rack up the numbers they can also bust games open and play effectively all over the ground. To have Beams, Sidebottom, Pendlebury and Swan in the same team, its amazing they aren't smashing teams every week.
Buckley is a s**t coach, I expect that is the reason why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back