Player Sponsorship 2014 Player Sponsorship

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014 Bigfooty Lions Board Player Sponsorship

Overview

The Brisbane Lions enable supporters to sponsor individual players for a year, costing between $380 and $830, depending on the seniority of the player.

In return, sponsors get an opportunity to meet their player and a signed guernsey or photo, among other goodies.

Each year BigFooty organises group sponsorships, with minimum contributions starting from just $50. We collectively vote on which players to sponsor, with votes weighted by the amount you've contributed.

Then once the sponsorships are finalised, we raffle out the individual prizes to participants. Again, the more you've contributed, the more "raffle tickets" you get.

In essence, it is a cheap way of contributing to our Club, while having a decent chance of "winning a prize" in return.

It has proved very popular, particularly over the last few years, raising more than $12000 for the Club, with dozens of users sharing in the "prize-pool".

This year we'd like to lift the bar yet again, so we're aiming to raise $4000.

(See Post #3 to keep tabs on how we're tracking)

If you're interested in taking part, then please read on:

Sponsorship Details

How much does an individual sponsorship cost?

Link

Code:
Category 1 - Leadership group                        $830.00

Category 2 - Players with 100 or more AFL games $600.00

Category 3 - Players with 20-99 AFL games        $500.00

Category 4 - Player with less than 20 AFL games $380.00

NB There's a per player limit of 4 sponsors in Queensland and 4 sponsors in Victoria.

What do sponsors get in return?

• Welcome letter from your sponsored player/s
• Option of signed guernsey or a signed and framed photograph of your sponsored player/s
• Recognition in the Season Review magazine and Club website lions.com.au

QLD player sponsors also receive
• Two tickets to a player sponsor function including cocktail food, beverages and a guest speaker

VIC player sponsors also receive
• Two tickets to a player sponsor function including cocktail food, beverages and the opportunity to meet and mingle with your sponsored player (subject to player availability) and other Lions senior team members.

BigFooty Group Sponsorship Details

If you'd like to be a part of our group sponsorship, simply state the amount you'd like to contribute in this thread along with your 1 vote for the first sponsored player, then I will send you my bank details via Private Message.

• the minimum contribution is $50

• for each $25, a user gets a 1 vote for the players they would like to see sponsored.

• we will organise a purchase of a sponsorship for whoever is the leading vote getter. If that player is sold out we will arrange for the player with the 2nd most votes to be sponsored

• any remaining funds will go towards the next sponsorship. Voting for the previous sponsorship will be wiped, and users will be invited to resubmit votes, so try to keep an eye on the thread title so you know when to vote again.

• once all sponsorships are complete, the prizes will be allocated. This is done at the end to give everyone equal opportunity to win prizes. Users are given a raffle entry for each $25 they contribute, and with that raffle entry they choose which prize they would like to be in the pool for. The winners will then be drawn at random, and we will convey postage details to the club so that the winners can receive their prize.

BigFooty Contribution

• each year Chief contributes $200 towards each club's player sponsorship(s)

• all contributors will get a sponsorship badge (aka BigFooty Bling), which can be seen under a poster's username (like my "Beams 12" tag). Posters will be able to choose which of the sponsored players they want on their badge.

• users who contribute $50 will receive a free BigFooty Gold sponsorship for 12 months. Benefits.

• users who contribute $100 or more will receive a free BigFooty platinum sponsorship for 12 months. Benefits.

Dates

• the commencement of the sponsorships will begin when the Lions office have processed our sponsorship purchase.

• the completion of the sponsorships will probably be in late March. In 2011 the Victorian sponsor function was held on May 1st. To allow enough time to send out the invites, sponsorships had to be completed by April 1st. On top of that we will need at least two weeks to organise the raffle of prizes, and to collect the postage details for the winners.

Who can be Sponsored?

• any of the players on the senior list

• any of the players on the rookie list

• not the scholarship players

History of Sponsorships on the Brisbane Lions Board

2007: Richard Hadley

2008: Daniel Merrett

2009: -

2010: Simon Black, Brendan Fevola and Todd Banfield

2011: Tom Rockliff, Todd Banfield, Ryan Harwood and Jared Polec

2012: Patrick Karnezis, Tom Rockliff, Cal Bartlett, Ryan Lester, Josh Green, Billy Longer & Jared Polec

2013: Claye Beams, Jared Polec, Daniel Rich, Mitch Golby, Elliot Yeo, Josh Green & Billy Longer

2014: More to come.

Keeping updated

Post #2 will be regularly updated with all details of this year's sponsorship(s). When action is required (like voting), we'll update the thread subject accordingly, so if you can, try to check in at least once a week.

Players no longer available

James Aish

Daniel Rich

Jonathan Brown

Claye Beams

Jack Redden

Sam Mayes

Justin Clarke

Feel free to ask any questions.

Wanting to make a pledge, then all you have to do is post on this thread or personal message me and we will get the ball rolling.

Last edited:
MEMBER NAME/AMOUNT PLEDGED/AMOUNT PAID

bigfooty.com (Chief) $200 $200
Simba Moyo $100 $100
mattwt73 $100 $100
davemonkey $50 $50
POBT $50 $50
Elixuh $50 $50
BeamStar17 $50 $50
Caiphus $50 $50
Lockie $50 $50
ZoBlitz $50 $50
pauldrc $50 $50
dlanod $50 $50
Chasing The Dream $50 $50
Kabanna $50 $50
TomFC $50 $50
royboy2 $50 $50
PertRoosOsborne $50 $50
WhiteLionFeva $100 $100
Voss the boss $50 $50
LionKing $50 $50
irel $50 $50
Crusha $50 $50
karix $100 $100
Bunton Rules $50 $50
Dizzle $50 $50
Antman $50 $50
Haggis McHaggis $50 $50
Sisterka $100 $100
BigBadBrisbaneBears $50 $50
GingerGreatness $50 $50

PLAYER VOTES
Hanley 18 Purchased
Robertson 17 Purchased
Golby 8
Taylor 9
Rockliff 5
Close 4
Zorko 2
Merrett 1
Raines 1
Bourke 1
Lester 1
Mayes 1
Aish 2

Last edited:

Great to see this up. Put me down for $50

1. Hanley
2. Aish
3. Robertson

Witht he changeover of Mods and the thread being a little late getting up this year we are doing a 1 vote only. Also at the bottom of post 1 we have a list of players already gone and sadly Aish is on the list.

Bank details will be sorted out later today and will be PM'd to the members whop have made a pledge.

Put me down for $50 again, and like previous years I won't be voting or taking prizes as I already have a player of my own.

Witht he changeover of Mods and the thread being a little late getting up this year we are doing a 1 vote only. Also at the bottom of post 1 we have a list of players already gone and sadly Aish is on the list.
Gotchya, sorry I rushed through the thread, too excited it seems ;p
I'll happily pledge another 50 though

2014 Bigfooty Lions Board Player Sponsorship

2013: Claye Beams, Jared Polec, Daniel Rich, Mitch Golby, Elliot Yeo, Josh Green & Billy Longer

Oh Nooo, this is the work of the "The Punter's Club Curse" :(:eek:

I will vote for Black, Leppitsch and Brown. Surely in no danger of the umbilical cord still attached to their belly button.:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...starting from just $50.

Should be followed by, "so for less than the price of a cup of coffee a day you can..."

In for $50

Vote: Pearce '1/10 for goal celebrations' Hanley

$50 for me again....

Gotta have my boy Rocky....our next Captain!

How do you want to work it in regards to Queensland vs Victoria sponsorships?

Do I just make the first player sponsored Qld, second Vic and so on?

How do you want to work it in regards to Queensland vs Victoria sponsorships?

Do I just make the first player sponsored Qld, second Vic and so on?

It only really matters for sponsor function invites. In previous years the Lions have been pretty understanding about function invites - maybe whatboutbob could shed a bit of light?

Put me down for $50 on Conway BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back