Competitions 2014 Port Board DT / AFL Fantasy League(s)

Remove this Banner Ad

Whoever picked up Tom Liberatore when he was 450000 and Jimmy Bartel when he was 490000 must be laughing now. Too many of the big price guys are turning below par performances, SJ, Ablett, Watson, Rocky. Time to get on the old reliables like Harveyand Pendlebury. Swan isn't bringing in 100+ every week but at least Beams is. Hopefully last week was just a cautious withdrawal and he will be back this week. My best line is ruck with Lobbe/Sandilands in fantasy and Lobbe/Jacobs in RDT. But rucks are 2 players only. I was hurt with Polec not playing as I had to replace other players. Montagna was bringing in low scores and had a BE of 156 so his price was set to plummet at least 20000 before the Saints game was even played.

Top of the RDT league and ranked 427 overall, second in the AF league and ranked 1108 overall, so good year for me :)

AF team:
View attachment 62817

RDT team:
View attachment 62818
Nice mate, tracking along nicely too:

n9ALyj8.png

However so over Dream Team/Fantasy it is not funny. My SC team is my main focus this year.

Two outstanding forward line players for RDT/fantasy at the moment are Westhoff and Schulz who have each scored over 100 points each week of the last 3 weeks. Last week 143 and 158. Schulz is about $2000 above the price he started the year at as he had a bit of a dry run and lost value quickly. With his latest scores his BE has gone down and he went up $51000 in value last week. He has a BE of -3 for rd 15. He only scored 3 goals against St Kilda and 4 against Sydney but moves around so much that he gets a lot more fantasy points than most full-forwards who only score a few goals.

13/1496+C in fantasy. Stevie J as skip, Selwood, Carlisle, Macrae doing it for me but Schulz(49) and Polec(32) bringing me down.

8/871 in RDT. Selwood and Riewoldt big for me and the others OK. Fortunately in RDT my Port players are Gray(100), Westhoff(102) and Lobbe(98). Still have Rocky as captain to come.

Up to 22nd in the country in AFL Fantasy. I feel though a few around me have more players in next weeks second part of the round. 13/23 played for 1365, so hoping for 2300+.

Superb split round for me. Although some of my earlier performances have set the bar a bit low so some other people may not be as over the moon as I am.
2323 in RDT. And I had Rocky as skip, Nick Riewoldt, Zorko and Selwood. I had wasted all my trades earlier so I still had Ablett and Ben Ross who scored zero and was only able to use Ben Newton(42) as an emergency. Not sure what I would have done if I'd traded correctly, probably would have taken Stevie J but then used him as skip instead of Rocky. That still would have meant an extra 100 as instead of Rocky(380)+Ablett(0)=380 I'd have had Stevie J(290)+Rocky(190)=480. Ben Newton would still have counted as his score would have been used to relace Ben Ross.
One of the guys I was playing against was a bit unlucky. He had all the cream from Brisbane(Rocky as skip, Zorko, Hanley, Martin) but still lost. Although he got a good score too. Must have been a few scores in the 2500s or even 2600s.

Fantasy I got 2373. Had picked up Carlisle and Stefan Martin the week before and already had Kade Simpson, Macrae, Selwood, Stevie J as skip and Zorko. Polec and Schulz are right off the boil but I need some extra cash to get rid of them for a premium so I traded down two emergencies to the cheapest I could get and hopefully next week I can pick up Pearce Hanley who is a DEF/MID.

Won 6 out of 7 leagues. All of the scores were over 2200 except for one guy who looked like he had given up as he had 8 non-scoring players including Dayle Garlett. And he had Luke Dunstan on his reserves bench but had not even gone to the trouble of listing him as an emergency.

Dropped off disastrously this week. 1898 in fantasy and 1907 in RDT. It was mainly the drop from last week's huge scores from Rockliff, Riewoldt and Zorko that cost me. Also Stevie J's 67 as skip in RDT. A player I haven't been able to get rid of has been Polec. Replaced him with Hanley. I was about to replace Stevie J with Rockliff but since his appeal came through and they're playing at Skilled I'll give him another week. Actually I may need to keep him as if Rocky has a day out against the cows he'll be out of my range.

Probably got my best team in fantasy and oddly enough it was all from forced changes. Had to trade Beams and Barlow so traded them for Hanley and Lewis. Harvey will probably miss and no trades but I was able to move him to the forward line in a DPP move for Zorko and then change him for my sub who is Rohan. This still leaves me with problems with Bird, Macrae and Bartel and if these three don't come up I'm looking at a low score. Although last week Bartel and Macrae didn't play, I had no sub and Bird only got 45 and I still ended up with 2017. But I don't expect Zorko, Martin, Buddy and Lobbe to kill it for a second consecutive week, although Rocky could.

I have Johnson, Pendlebury, Beams, Barlow and Harvey in both comps, and McGlynn, Bartel and Suckling in one of the comps. And Watson returning was the only thing that stopped me from bringing in JPK instead of Heppell last week too. Absolute carnage. And I was doing so well :(

According to the respective official sites, Johnson is 1 week away, Pendlebury possible, Beams season, Barlow season, Harvey has 3 weeks(live from the tribunal on the NMFC website), McGlynn 1 week, Bartel possible, Suckling test. I have Bird who is TBA, which generally means they won't risk him. Most people will have to take at least one donut this week. I also have Macrae, the video on the Bulldogs website says he should play. Use of DPP's could be important here, anything that would prevent you having to use a trade here could be crucial.

Fantasy has been completely ruined right at the end. JPK, Beams, Barlow, Pendles, Ward, Harvey, Fyfe. Nobody can cover that. What a shame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantasy has been completely ruined right at the end. JPK, Beams, Barlow, Pendles, Ward, Harvey, Fyfe. Nobody can cover that. What a shame.

And now add in Heppell

And now add in Heppell

Don't have JPK, Pendles or Ward but I have to replace Beams, Barlow and Harvey. Was doing OK with that but if Heppell is now out I'm short a midfielder. It's given me the cash to get Hanley and Lewis so I could be relatively OK. The main problem I'm having is that I had Schulz while Port were doing well and he was scoring 100s a few times. Now that I want to trade him I have to get rid of others. And I also have Bird who is down as TBA so I'm expecting a doughnut there. Already used my forward sub to cover Harvey. If I'm lucky Port will play Ben Newton or Brisbane Zac O'Brien so I can play them.

What a strange league... no finals series?!
AFL Fantasy has no finals series. RDT is having one but watch out because the injured and not selected players do not appear with a green dot or red dot against them like in H/A. You need to check the papers on Friday to make sure all your players have been selected. I fell into this trap and probably missed out on 150-200 points. I would say it was only that amount because the salary cap for RDT finals means you have to select a few cheapies and it was those players who weren't selected. Can't be many people doing it because even with that error I'm still within the top 1000.

But even though fantasy doesn't play an actual finals league it is still doing match day.

AFL Fantasy has no finals series. RDT is having one but watch out because the injured and not selected players do not appear with a green dot or red dot against them like in H/A. You need to check the papers on Friday to make sure all your players have been selected. I fell into this trap and probably missed out on 150-200 points. I would say it was only that amount because the salary cap for RDT finals means you have to select a few cheapies and it was those players who weren't selected. Can't be many people doing it because even with that error I'm still within the top 1000.

But even though fantasy doesn't play an actual finals league it is still doing match day.

That's not exactly correct - depends on league settings. I created a league and we had a top 8 finals series across the last 4 weeks of the minor round.

That's not exactly correct - depends on league settings. I created a league and we had a top 8 finals series across the last 4 weeks of the minor round.

So did I, I took the question to mean was there a special finals only series where you selected players from the participating teams.

I'm just building up my AFL Fantasy team now. I'm in for 2015 although I can't promise I'll be any less s**t then I was in 2014.

I'm the AFL Fantasy equivelent of the Woodville Warriors before Blighty came back. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back