List Mgmt. 2014 post season list review - Hitchy, Heath & Renouf delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

If I was to choose I'd say Tommy (for 1 more year). He has still got it in him.
Stevenson might find it tough to break into a top 3 team. He could get games for others below us though.

both will go IMO, it's not going to come down to a Logan OR Stevenson situation.

as of now, if Gorringe and Ryder find their way onto the list for picks alone it would have exhausted the senior list spots of Heath and Hitchcock. Cassisi retiring only frees up a rookie spot. which would mean we need 3 more delistings. i think 16+player to Essendon and pick 35 to Gold Coast would allow us to delist both of those without trying to find a third which i find a lot harder to do.

I'm all for re-rookieing Logan and the club would have an idea of his interest from other clubs as he was a free agent.

both will go IMO, it's not going to come down to a Logan OR Stevenson situation.

as of now, if Gorringe and Ryder find their way onto the list for picks alone it would have exhausted the senior list spots of Heath and Hitchcock. Cassisi retiring only frees up a rookie spot. which would mean we need 3 more delistings. i think 16+player to Essendon and pick 35 to Gold Coast would allow us to delist both of those without trying to find a third which i find a lot harder to do.

I'm all for re-rookieing Logan and the club would have an idea of his interest from other clubs as he was a free agent.

I'm thinking if Newton also goes to Geelong it could save one of them.

I'm thinking if Newton also goes to Geelong it could save one of them.

If Newton leaves i would much prefer it be via the Ryder trade. if it's to Geelong and change of picks or straight to Essendon i don't mind. fact is the next cabs off the rank are Logan and Stevenson. i would much prefer to delist those than to trade a young depth player on top of what is required to get the job done for Gorringe and Ryder.

hard seeing heath go at only 23..... hope he gets looked at by another club.. damn knee injuries!!!

right now i cant see how stevenson stays, as soon as stewert got his contract that for me put a line through stevenson!

hard seeing heath go at only 23..... hope he gets looked at by another club.. damn knee injuries!!!

right now i cant see how stevenson stays, as soon as stewert got his contract that for me put a line through stevenson!

gut feeling says the club think they can shop him around or someone has enquired for potentially a late pick upgrade. which we will desperately need if we are taking Gorringe and Ryder with picks. could imagine the Saints and Melbourne would really want some maturity and kicking from the back half. Richo at the saints would have a good idea of Stevenson's capabilities too. regardless i agree he won't be at the club next year unless we lose 3-4 required players.

I would like to keep Logan on for one more year ....
Just wasting his time. In the 1-2 years he's got left he deserves a Matt Thomas-like chance to play 1st 22 again. His situation at Port can be summarised as:

my_work_here_is_done_poster-r89a3d08aa20546ca8c29fdb3e93ca11e_wad_8byvr_512.jpg

Hitchcock should have gone 3 years ago, he was lucky the likes of Phillips went before him. Once his shock value was worked out his currency dropped very steeply. Renouf was also a certainty and I though Heath was as well although injuries cut him down. Stevenson should think himself lucky, could be good trade bait. Butcher should be floated to Footscray to see what we can get from them. Or maybe offer him to GC as part of a Gorringe trade?

Hitchy's 2010 start was memorable for me. Some big marks and clever goals for a small bloke. His skills in the wet vs NM were just sublime.
Heath's first half of 2013 were some of his better football, was part our new backline lineup with Stevenson and was unfortune that his body has let him down.
Renouf, apart from one Showdown, hasn't played his best football at Port. It was obvious to anyone watching the Freo game, that he would have had to have grown a third leg to compete with the likes of Sandilands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to make 1 more list change by Oct 31 - hopefully Newton signs on for 2015.

Don't have to, as we can wait until 2nd list lodgement, but it makes sense to do it by 31st October.

Thursday November 13, by 2pm - List lodgement (2).

Need to make 1 more list change by Oct 31 - hopefully Newton signs on for 2015.
Well as I understand it unless we re-sign them 15 Lewis Stevenson, 38 Ben Newton, 41 Brendon Ah Chee, and 44 Tom Logan will now be gone. Plus rookies 37 Kane Mitchell, 46 Sam Gray and 47 Sam Russell though I can't recall if rookies count in this. Probably not even though the 1st 2 were upgraded for 2014.

Don't have to, as we can wait until 2nd list lodgement, but it makes sense to do it by 31st October.

Thursday November 13, by 2pm - List lodgement (2).

I thought that you need to have the minimum 3 spots available (inc. rookie promotions) for the national draft by LL1?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back