List Mgmt. 2014: The List

Remove this Banner Ad

What is all the talk about the club being in the wrong.

Mitch was brilliant when he kept his aggression controlled. But I just can't see him doing that anymore between onfield indiscretions and poor choices off field

This is as much about team ethic and enforcing the rules as it is about the value of a single player.

Mitch was brilliant when he kept his aggression controlled. But I just can't see him doing that anymore between onfield indiscretions

As far as on field incidents, people said the same thing about Jordan Lewis for quite some time, so there's hope

On Cachia, wasn't he named best first year player last year?

As far as on field incidents, people said the same thing about Jordan Lewis for quite some time, so there's hope

Probably says more about our young players we drafted in 2013 rather than Cahchias quality

I think it is better for the club to be seen as actively trying to reform the culture. In particular in regards to players who get distracted, or distract from the ultimate goal. Winning games

I dont want Robbo to go! You cant put a value on what he brings to the side in regards to aggression, effort, and hardness. Would die for the team he played for, not many other can say that

Someone has to go, but I'll be sorry to see Mitch go. We need at least one head case in the team. :(

I feel for Temay and Reynolds, who never got a chance and for Cachia, who looked very promising last year before getting injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a fair point but at least Garlett has runs on the board whereas Hampson was always a project.

No point pretending to know what we may get for him because we really have no idea...........no-one does.

Agreed re: value, I'm just speculating like everyone.

But I would say that Garlett HAD runs on the board, the last 2 seasons have been extremely average and I don't think that has escaped the attention of other clubs.

Mitch was brilliant when he kept his aggression controlled. But I just can't see him doing that anymore between onfield indiscretions and poor choices off field

This is as much about team ethic and enforcing the rules as it is about the value of a single player.

Not wanting to be too picky, but surely that's an overstatement.

He did some good things every now and then, but he is far from brilliant. Personally, he's not in my starting 22, so that coupled with his loose head mean I'm quite satisfied to see him go.

All this talk of the 'tough' things he brought to the team ... What a load of rubbish.... Wasn't a great tackler, wasn't great getting the ball from the bottom of a pack .. Feel like it was more a case of 'talk the talk' .. I don't deny he's not afraid, but rarely did this attitude transfer into beneficial qualities on the field... Now, Hickmott was a guy that knew how to be tough... Robbo was, at best, a poor man's Hickmott.

Wish him well, but just annoyed that there's people questioning the club's decision when we're in the process of taking a stand and setting a standard for what's required to be part of the Carlton Football Club... It's been too long since decisions like this have been made.

If it was out of Robbo and Garlett being traded etc then sorry Robbo its you. Much prefer Garlett. Ohh I have just had a thought. If that does happen, Jeffy might go more into his shell.

Great decision by the club if Robbo is traded. You get caught lying, you can never be trusted again. Great to see a culture shift at the club now. Few years ago it would have been swept under the carpet

Agree. Line in the sand time for the Blues. Also, not too worried about moving on a guy who uses the ball so poorly. We need more guys who make good decisions and hit targets.

He did some good things every now and then, but he is far from brilliant. Personally, he's not in my starting 22, so that coupled with his loose head mean I'm quite satisfied to see him go.

All this talk of the 'tough' things he brought to the team ... What a load of rubbish.... Wasn't a great tackler, wasn't great getting the ball from the bottom of a pack .. Feel like it was more a case of 'talk the talk' .. I don't deny he's not afraid, but rarely did this attitude transfer into beneficial qualities on the field... Now, Hickmott was a guy that knew how to be tough... Robbo was, at best, a poor man's Hickmott.

Wish him well, but just annoyed that there's people questioning the club's decision when we're in the process of taking a stand and setting a standard for what's required to be part of the Carlton Football Club... It's been too long since decisions like this have been made.

I'm referring as it were, to when he played like a mid. He has a few more 3 vote games under his belt then some others at the club.

Mitch's best was patchy, and his application lacking. But talent he does have

Sidenote: I agree his tackling is poor, it priorities impact over control which gives him far less options if his man can get the ball away because he has already bundled both of them into a heap on the ground.

Agreed re: value, I'm just speculating like everyone.

But I would say that Garlett HAD runs on the board, the last 2 seasons have been extremely average and I don't think that has escaped the attention of other clubs.

Obviously he had a shocking year but I think you're being very harsh calling his 43 goal 2013 season extremely average.

Couldn't agree more. I view Bell (who is admittedly a work in progress) the same way.

Robbo would attract a 3rd rounder on the best day.

Robinson would normally have got us a second-rounder or a reasonable young player in a trade. His recent late-night stoush would have put a few clubs off-side so there always a chance he ends up being near given away in a last gasp "fire-sale".

However, the club are playing it smart here by going public so early as it gives them plenty of time to stoke up some better interest in him given all clubs know he is now on the market. The club can also can make their own enquiries to gauge the level of interest & the possible trade strength.

Adelaide or Collingwood is where he will end up with a longshot being GWS.

would prefer to keep lucas for depth purposes, if we chopped players for not putting their head over the ball earlier in their career there'd be some prominent absences on our list. obviously i hope this changes were he to stay, along with his tackling.
also would like to keep garlett if it were reasonably possible. not fussed about robinson. have some good memories, courageous onfield but lacked the courage to simply tell the truth.

not that it will apply to us, but as i understood the rules were not 'must take 3 in the ND' but something like 'must make 3 changes to the senior list'. ie delist 3 but upgrade a rookie instead of using a draft pick. unless they changed the rules back again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back