List Mgmt. 2014: The List

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha yeah there's a lot of wiggins about him, but to me he is more like a mini fev.

Seriously though, what is the plan with this guy? I like the way he leads hard at the ball and his strong hands, but I can't see what he could possibly become?

Is there a decent player in the AFL that he could develop into?

I just don't see a need for a short lead up forward that's got limited agility.

Surely he was picked up with a vision of what he could become in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI

Matthew Dick

2013 NEAFL
17 games
7.3 kicks
7.1 handballs
3.9 marks
1.9 tackles
0.2 clearances
1.5 I50s
2.1 R50s
4 goals
3 behinds
56.29 Dream Team points

2014 NEAFL
17 games
11.4 kicks
10.3 handballs
5.0 marks
1.7 tackles
0.6 clearances
2.8 I50s
2.1 R50s
5 goals
4 behinds
78.00 Dream Team points

Thanks, grimlock.

Got any goss on why he was delisted? Tough gig cracking a game in a top 4 side...
His delisting was not a surprise, to be succinct he just didn't get involved enough. Very quiet in his first year and while his game improved in his 2nd year he didn't do enough to be kept on the list. He's quite athletic and quick for his size, but it was never clear whether we saw him as a tall defender or a flanker. Probably didn't have the skill set to succeed at either position.

McLean, Lucas and Robinson officially gone.

Carlton list changes

The Carlton Football Club has made a further three changes to its playing list ahead of next month’s NAB AFL National Draft. Mitch Robinson, Brock McLean and Kane Lucas will not be offered contracts beyond 2014.

Carlton list changes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of a statement that regardless of draft pick, how well-liked, or how hard you are on field, if you can't do what's needed, you're out!

I like this.

your right. Robbo had to be made an example of, Lucas not cut out for AFL standards and Brock (sad to say) had to be moved on

Malthouse has certainly 'shaken the tree'...

I guess every player must now know Carlton possie is not to be taken for granted.

Including his own. :)

Mick has a lot riding on this personally. If we finish the home and away with 11 wins or less for the fourth year in a row, the chances of him being the coach to take us through a rebuild worsen.

your right. Robbo had to be made an example of, Lucas not cut out for AFL standards and Brock (sad to say) had to be moved on

Kane Lucas certainly had the talent and ability at AFL level, but his attitude and application/work ethic are not. Could have been a 200 game player for us, but wasn't prepared to do the hard work and obey the team ethos... Hope he finds another club and succeeds there, but from our lust development point of view, he had to go ..

Kane Lucas certainly had the talent and ability at AFL level, but his attitude and application/work ethic are not. Could have been a 200 game player for us, but wasn't prepared to do the hard work and obey the team ethos... Hope he finds another club and succeeds there, but from our lust development point of view, he had to go ..

From what I saw from Lucas just lack confidence, but was consistent how bad at times he played. Maybe as you said attitude or other factor could of bin home sick but agree hope he does find new home and see his true potential

Kane and Mitch, hopefully/allegedly, have opposition clubs ready to sign them as delisted free agents. Macca/Roge murmured there was interest at trade week. It sucks their departure didn't improve our draft position but may they continue their careers in a happier place.

Brock, well he's 28 with a battered body so he's making way for Cripps, Graham and Whiley.

Thought Lucas would survive another year on the fringe with a few more chances to prove himself

A shame conceding a first round draft pick as a failure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back