List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be very interested in Johno O'Rourke.

Flying right under the radar.

Agree. I thought he was one of the best in his draft.

O'Rourke, Plowman and Jaksch uncontracted.

GC have less talent in their 2's but Luke Russell might be worth a look. Jesse Lonergan if he can't get a game (which I expect he will when he's fit). Matt Shaw looks like being squeezed out by Kolodjashnij so he'd be a reasonable option as well.
Would be happy with any of those players mentioned

This is off-topic but almost related: Who do people see being let go just to get one or two of these players in before the draft takes place?

Not sure what you mean. Are you talking about delistings? They're typically done about a week after the season finishes and in some cases after trade week.

Firrito, Nahas, Anthony, Hine, Curran and Wilkins under the pump for various reasons. Jacobs not completely in the clear and McMahon is contracted for some reason.

I'd be surprised/slightly alarmed if the club don't already have at least one of Goldy/Hansen/Basti already signed up and just waiting for a good time to announce it.

Here is a list of free agents available, Gibbs,Frawley, Jamison and Higgins are the ones i'd be keen on
Adelaide
Jason Porplyzia - Unrestricted (9 years)
Ben Rutten - Unrestricted (14 years)

Brisbane
Jonathan Brown - Unrestricted (15 years)
Ashley McGrath - Unrestricted (14 years)

Carlton
Bryce Gibbs - Restricted (8 years)
Michael Jamison - Unrestricted (8 years)
Heath Scotland - Unrestricted (11 years)
Jarrad Waite - Unrestricted (13 years)

Collingwood
Tyson Goldsack - Unrestricted (8 years)
Nick Maxwell - Unrestricted (13 years)

Essendon
Heath Hocking - Restricted (8 years)
Leroy Jetta - Unrestricted (8 years)
Dustin Fletcher - Unrestricted (22 years)
Jason Winderlich - Unrestricted (12 years)

Fremantle
Luke McPharlin - Unrestricted (13 years)
David Mundy - Unrestricted (11 years)
Matthew Pavlich - Unrestricted (15 years)

Geelong
Corey Enright - Unrestricted (15 years)
James Kelly - Unrestricted (13 years)

Gold Coast
nil

GWS
nil

Hawthorn
Brad Sewell - Unrestricted (11 years)

Melbourne
James Frawley - Unrestricted (8 years)
Lynden Dunn - Unrestricted (10 years)

Port Adelaide
Robbie Gray - Restricted (8 years)
Paul Stewart - Unrestricted (8 years)
Tom Logan - Unrestricted (9 years)
Domenic Cassisi - Unrestricted (14 years)
Kane Cornes - Unrestricted (14 years)

Richmond
Shane Edwards - Unrestricted (8 years)
Jake King - Unrestricted (8 years)
Chris Newman - Unrestricted (14 years)

St Kilda
Jarryn Geary - Unrestricted (8 years)
Clinton Jones - Unrestricted (8 years)
Sam Fisher - Unrestricted (11 years)
James Gwilt - Unrestricted (10 years)
Lenny Hayes - Unrestricted (15 years)

Sydney
Adam Goodes - Unrestricted (17 years)
Ryan O'Keefe - Unrestricted (15 years)
Nick Malceski - Unrestricted (12 years)
Lewis Roberts-Thomson- Unrestricted (13 years)

West Coast
Sam Butler - Unrestricted (11 years)
Dean Cox - Unrestricted (14 years)
Darren Glass - Unrestricted (15 years)

Western Bulldogs
Shaun Higgins - Restricted (9 years)
Matthew Boyd - Unrestricted (12 years)
Daniel Giansiracusa - Unrestricted (15 years)
Dale Morris - Unrestricted (10 years)
Robert Murphy - Unrestricted (15 years)
Tom Williams - Unrestricted (10 years)

The most shocking thing for me is how on earth have some of these players stayed in the game for so long?!

Butler, Williams, Edwards (only showed consistency last season), Logan, Stewart, Dunn (10 years...what the bloomin' hell???) and Jetta.

Boggles the mind!

Improving the team without giving up a pick/player would be point #1.
Of course, but are either better options than Bastinac/Greenwood/Gibson? And surely we would need to pay decent coin for what would in essence be a role player. Again, I don't really see the point. To me it seems FA is to be used to snag a gun player and to plug holes in a list.

Not sure what you mean. Are you talking about delistings? They're typically done about a week after the season finishes and in some cases after trade week.
Yeah, delistings. I just got the timeline wrong. Your next post answered that for me, thanks.

Of course, but are either better options than Bastinac/Greenwood/Gibson? And surely we would need to pay decent coin for what would in essence be a role player. Again, I don't really see the point. To me it seems FA is to be used to snag a gun player and to plug holes in a list.

Yeah, he's better than Levi and Gibson, as well as JMac (who I'm a fan of). He's finished 6th and then 4th in the St Kilda B&F. He's a good defender.

ATM our defence contains Atley, Mullett and McDonald. All future mids (we hope). Geary would slot into our defence really nicely.

I'd argue having players that can balance attack and defence is the biggest hole we have in the list.

Out of that lot the one that interests me the most is Robbie Gray. Wouldn't mind us going after him but there isn't anyone on that list worth throwing the kitchen sink at. Save the sink for Dave Swallow.

Jeez, Jono O'Rourke or Will Hoskin Elliott would be perfect for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great, the trade thread is already back.

Here we go again...

It's ok mate.

There's nothing wrong with looking to how we can add to the team to go back to back.

Hi BigFooty
Get used to the name Jono O'Rourke
I have a feeling that we are going to read this kids name on here a lot!

As I recall he was a pick 3. I wonder what they'd ask for him?

As I recall he was a pick 3. I wonder what they'd ask for him?
Pick 2. Only played the 1 game. Local boy who would not come cheap, probably what the Deez paid for Tyson.
Not sure how pick 18 will land him

Oh yeah, they'd want players.Good players we wouldn't want to give up.

Daz is right to admire Geary. I wouldn't throw the sink either, but he would be bloody handy. I'd like to think Taylor Hine would step up and make this debate redundant, but he's not really doing that just yet.

Plus it would be hilarious to see the Saints lose another senior player.

Oh yeah, they'd want players.Good players we wouldn't want to give up.
Yep. Which makes me think what wed have to give up to get Josh Kelly.
He and Lukey are best mates. Anyone see how happy and passionate Mac is when he runs out. For his loved team. That would burn Josh IMO. *in rule changes. Geelong get 3 flags out of it and when our turn comes the rules have changed. *in AFL.

I can't believe James Gwilt is already a ten year player. I remember him playing Under 12's with my little brother at Silverton.
No s**t. Up the road from where I grew up.

I can't believe James Gwilt is already a ten year player. I remember him playing Under 12's with my little brother at Silverton.

UMMMMMMMMM I too played for the Mighty Bears.

We are from Silverton the greatest team of all. We are from Silverton we're always on the ball. The read white and blue that we wear on our chest, proves to all that we are the best. Go the Bears!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back