List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just on the main board and a Bulldog fan who's be on the money before believes Higgins is almost certainly going to North on about 450K a season.

Wasn't complimentary of Higgins along the way.

Not sure if this would still mean we're after Waite, but if we are........

View attachment 70984

If it doesnt cost any draft picks I dont mind it as long it is games played contract

Just on the main board and a Bulldog fan who's be on the money before believes Higgins is almost certainly going to North on about 450K a season.

Wasn't complimentary of Higgins along the way.

Not sure if this would still mean we're after Waite, but if we are........

View attachment 70984

The money is a crazy amount, that's more than we paid for Dal Santo.

Saying that I'd be happy to have him

He's nowhere near worth that.

He's a good player but we need a game-breaking matchwinner....

mmmmm, you guys need CONSISTENCY!

I backed you with a significant amount of hard earned pre-season to finish top four on the easy draw you had this year - far out, how can you drop games against bottom sides and beat the top sides? Must drive you nuts as supporters.

According to the Dogs board, their vfl coach has lodged a complaint about abuse he's been receving at games from Higgins mates, who drive in with him, about him being dropped from the firsts.

Not a good relfection or very professional of him if he's been bringing friends along like that with him, if true.

Already sounds like a bit of a flog tbh.

Barrett mentioned it on last night's TFS and JB responded by saying "that's the Footy Dept's domain and all clubs would be speaking to all Free Agents I imagine."
I'm feeling a little nervous if we are looking at waite and higgins. Stinks of desperation and a lack of faith in the development of the youngsters. Neither player would make us a better side.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/qu...ruiting-failures/story-fndv8g1a-1227009252069

RECYCLING, an area where top-four clubs Hawthorn and Sydney have been so proficient, has become an Achilles heel for a Collingwood team looking to target obvious deficiencies.

But the failure of the latest crop comes at a time when trading for players with exposed AFL form has never been more important given the compromised nature of recent drafts with the addition of expansion teams Gold Coast and GWS.

I'm not interested in buying bit-part players, while Nahas has been solid I still would have preferred Jay Kennedy-Harris with our first pick. The above article just proves how hard it is to actually get solid recycled players. I'm not interested in signing inconsistent/injury prone types on 400k plus a year. It will cost us big time when we do actually have the opportunity to target a genuine a-grader.

He's nowhere near worth that.

He's a good player but we need a game-breaking matchwinner. He is not that.

Suppose that is the point of Free Agency, you over pay for players but don't lose any draft picks in the process.

I'd like to think Higgins would be best 22 has of course a history of injuries.

I wouldn't mind him and I'm assuming LA is gone, he was on around 300K from memory?

Higgins and Waite.

Definitely a crap shoot but Harvey, Petrie, Dal Santo, Wells will be dusted in 2 years.

2 years is also the magic number for coaches and board members.

If so they are having a tilt and leaving a big cheque book and canvas for the next cabs off the rank.

mmmmm, you guys need CONSISTENCY!

I backed you with a significant amount of hard earned pre-season to finish top four on the easy draw you had this year - far out, how can you drop games against bottom sides and beat the top sides? Must drive you nuts as supporters.
You have no idea! I'm THAT close to being admitted into a mental institute...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Higgins and Waite.

Definitely a crap shoot but Harvey, Petrie, Dal Santo, Wells will be dusted in 2 years.

2 years is also the magic number for coaches and board members.

If so they are having a tilt and leaving a big cheque book and canvas for the next cabs off the rank.
Not sure why you are assuming harver and dal will be gone. Both have an impeccable injury record and are still ar the top of their game. Boomer is showing no signs of slowing

Not sure why you are assuming harver and dal will be gone.

tumblr_mff68qDKtm1qboclpo3_r1_500.gif

I'm feeling a little nervous if we are looking at waite and higgins. Stinks of desperation and a lack of faith in the development of the youngsters. Neither player would make us a better side.

It's not surprising that we're looking a little desperate. We're losing to ordinary teams due to ''complacency'' [what have we got to be complacent about, ffs?] and most of our youngsters are not coming through how we'd hoped.

I'd be happy to get Higgins at a reasonable price because he's a very classy player and we don't have many of them.

And if form against us is anything to go by, Waite is a good player when his head's in the right place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back