Opinion 2015/16 Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought I'll create a new thread for the ashes and 2015/16 cricket season. All things cricket, domestic, local and international.

You can merge if you're bored mods with the previous cricket thread. (Change thread title from 2014-15)

You can merge if you're bored mods with the previous cricket thread. (Change thread title from 2014-15)

Nah this one will do K4e.

Six years ago missus Toes and I were wandering into Swalec Stadium Cardiff for day one of that Ashes series. Loved it! The banter with opposition fans is a highlight, and it's all in good humour.

An older bloke in formal looking shorts, tucked in short sleeved collared shirt, long socks and shoes walked up the steps to the seats in front of ours at one stage, and up starts the "Hail to the bus driver, bus driver, bus driver, hail to the bus driver, bus driving man....." chant, initiated by a group of local Welsh lads, which we found ourselves joining in with.

The locals support England, because it is the England and Wales Cricket Board team, but don't mind seeing the colonists get one over the Poms.

I hope we win the first session, which so often has a big say in the direction the series could take.

Nah this one will do K4e.

Six years ago missus Toes and I were wandering into Swalec Stadium Cardiff for day one of that Ashes series. Loved it! The banter with opposition fans is a highlight, and it's all in good humour.

An older bloke in formal looking shorts, tucked in short sleeved collared shirt, long socks and shoes walked up the steps to the seats in front of ours at one stage, and up starts the "Hail to the bus driver, bus driver, bus driver, hail to the bus driver, bus driving man....." chant, initiated by a group of local Welsh lads, which we found ourselves joining in with.

The locals support England, because it is the England and Wales Cricket Board team, but don't mind seeing the colonists get one over the Poms.

I hope we win the first session, which so often has a big say in the direction the series could take.
I love the welsh, I've never met a Welshman that didn't make me smile.

I love the welsh, I've never met a Welshman that didn't make me smile.

The Fanatics (yes, THOSE Fanatics) were staying in our hotel and one night one of them wanders into the foyer with blood all over his face and clothing, and his nose bent way out of shape. It turned out he'd met a Welshman who didn't make him smile.............a returned SAS soldier in uniform on the turps who took exception to his Aussie patriotic attire. One punch caused that apparently, followed by a "f***off back to Australia".

We found the locals to be nothing but friendly and rapt to see people had travelled so far to their neck of the woods.

Edit: said soldier was arrested within 20 minutes apparently.

I know you all don't rate watto but used to go to school and play a lot of junior cricketeoth him so.........

GO WATTO GO!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love test cricket, and tradition, and even confess to being a bit of an anglophile. But **** me, can we just bowl the first ball??

I thought I'll create a new thread for the ashes and 2015/16 cricket season. All things cricket, domestic, local and international.

Dont merge...this will be a historical thread to look back on nek January. .m!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back