2015-16 Summer of Cricket/Shrine to Usman

Who will win Aus v NZ

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a bit hard to feel neutral towards the Stars at the moment when they've just beaten the Scorchers twice in a row and knocked them out.

It's a bit hard to feel neutral towards the Stars at the moment when they've just beaten the Scorchers twice in a row and knocked them out.
They also have the fat racist Eddie McGuire involved with them.

Funnily enough out of all their players the one I do like is big KP of all people.

Mike Hussey and Shane Watson (although he didn't always perform as well as he should've) have been stars of Australian cricket for years. Without looking it up it'd be close to 130 tests between. Were both big parts of 5-0 Ashes wins (two seperate ones, one each) and won two different world cups (Hussey 2007, Watson 2007,2015). Of all the other countries players I've watched over the years Kallis was one of my favourites. His batting is actually underrated, he is close to the best I've ever seen even before you consider his bowling.

As for Michael vs David Hussey. David decided making the WA side was too hard very young and went to Victoria. Michael is a legend of WA cricket, saying Australian cricket may be pushing it but was in almost everyone's top 4-5 favourite players. Not to mention the Stars also have Stoinis who left because getting a game here was too hard. Don't have a problem with Beer as he gave us years of decent service.

Only thing wrong with the thunder is Junior which is more than offset by Eddie McGuire if I was picking between teams today.

Eh Stoinis did SFA at WA, don't blame him for moving. As for D Hussey, would have been hard to crack the WA batting line up at times in the early 2000's. No issue with Beer, poor bugger went from being the 2nd spinner for the nation to being the 2nd spinner for his state after an injury. Absolutely love Mike Hussey though.

I really like Junior in the commentary box. Quality dry wit without going overboard like a lot of commentators do when trying to be funny.
Only minor issue with him is the NSW wank, namely Abbott wank.

Eh Stoinis did SFA at WA, don't blame him for moving. As for D Hussey, would have been hard to crack the WA batting line up at times in the early 2000's. No issue with Beer, poor bugger went from being the 2nd spinner for the nation to being the 2nd spinner for his state after an injury. Absolutely love Mike Hussey though.
Voges was how old when he debuted for WA?

Beer came here at 25ish. He gave us a 4-5 good years service. No problem with him at all.

My point still stands. It's a legend of WA vs a bunch of guys who left cos it was too hard. Not a hard decision picking a side.

The WBBL final just then was a great game to watch.

I've watched a few of their matches over the past couple of weeks and it's a pretty good comp. Who would've thought women's sport could still be entertaining without sexy outfits? ;)

I really like Junior in the commentary box. Quality dry wit without going overboard like a lot of commentators do when trying to be funny.
Anyone that manages the rustle the jimmies of the Victorians can't be all that ;) Also like it how he's one of the few commentators that says it how it is, like when he pretty much called rubbish the kiwi 3rd umpire Tony Hill in the Ashes that kept stuffing up as complete rubbish when the others were afraid to say anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only minor issue with him is the NSW wank, namely Abbott wank.
True but for mine he's mainly just taking the piss, and it's not as if guys like Gilchrist and Ponting aren't biased either.. Fleming is a bit annoying now after being good when he first started, he's turned into a massive try-hard.

True but for mine he's mainly just taking the piss, and it's not as if guys like Gilchrist and Ponting aren't biased either.. Fleming is a bit annoying now after being good when he first started, he's turned into a massive try-hard.
I just take it as a joke now.

Pretty decent game and Melbourne lost, can't complain.
And caused some meltdowns and tears on the cricket board as well. Win win!

I really didn't like T20 when it first came in,I couldn't say that anymore.Great entertainment and it's on at a great time,finish work and cricket is on,gold.

Form team won in the end,well done ST.

We keep talking about a mythical 'no dickheads' policy at Freo and more broadly in the AFL.

I strongly suspect WA and then more broadly Australia applied the 'no dickheads' policy when overlooking David Hussey for selection*. He and Michael are poles apart IMHO. Extrapolating further, it makes perfect sense to me for DHussey to have represented Victoria...

*though I do acknowledge he has represented Aus.

We keep talking about a mythical 'no dickheads' policy at Freo and more broadly in the AFL.

I strongly suspect WA and then more broadly Australia applied the 'no dickheads' policy when overlooking David Hussey for selection*. He and Michael are poles apart IMHO. Extrapolating further, it makes perfect sense to me for DHussey to have represented Victoria...

*though I do acknowledge he has represented Aus.

I think there are plenty of examples of the "no dickheads" policy being overlooked for the aus team ;)

Back