News 2015 Adelaide Crows BLK apparel

Remove this Banner Ad

The Green training top turn inside out and can be worn with AFL and Toyota logo present

You can see the Green just at the bottom and the tag appearing on the back on the outside of the jumper.

View attachment 112001

That looks good as a training guernsey. I wonder if the retail ones do this, i doubt it

Richmond confirmed on twitter last night that the yellow top with black sash will indeed be their clash guernsey this year. I think it is a great, common sense design, but I'm extremely disappointed that every other team is made to have a predominately white clash top. What the hell? I don't care if Richmond has a constitution that says they can only wear yellow and black like was suggested earlier, I want equality! I understand that for this season we are wearing that shocking Clash top, it's too late to change now, but this, although presumably lower on the importance scale at the club, is something hugely significant to me. Part of finding ourselves involves having a clash top that truly represents us, and that we are all proud to wear. Not only that but as the competition goes equality and being fair is rarely a high priority. I would hate it if we were allowed to wear a clash top with no white in it but every other team was forced to have mainly white tops. The backlash about not streaming the game was enough to make the AFL do a U-turn. I only hope that clubs and supporters put on similar pressure for this.

Richmond confirmed on twitter last night that the yellow top with black sash will indeed be their clash guernsey this year. I think it is a great, common sense design, but I'm extremely disappointed that every other team is made to have a predominately white clash top. What the hell? I don't care if Richmond has a constitution that says they can only wear yellow and black like was suggested earlier, I want equality! I understand that for this season we are wearing that shocking Clash top, it's too late to change now, but this, although presumably lower on the importance scale at the club, is something hugely significant to me. Part of finding ourselves involves having a clash top that truly represents us, and that we are all proud to wear. Not only that but as the competition goes equality and being fair is rarely a high priority. I would hate it if we were allowed to wear a clash top with no white in it but every other team was forced to have mainly white tops. The backlash about not streaming the game was enough to make the AFL do a U-turn. I only hope that clubs and supporters put on similar pressure for this.

It's been hinted to me that we could have 3 jumpers in 2016. So it's quite possible we have a Gold and White jumper next year.

But yes the hypocrisy on clash jumper policy is quite astounding. Some clubs forced to adopt white jumpers (if they only have 1 away jumper), and away jumpers are generally avoided in "big game" clashes (e.g. Showdowns, Carlton v Collingwood etc.)

It's been hinted to me that we could have 3 jumpers in 2016. So it's quite possible we have a Gold and White jumper next year.

But yes the hypocrisy on clash jumper policy is quite astounding. Some clubs forced to adopt white jumpers (if they only have 1 away jumper), and away jumpers are generally avoided in "big game" clashes (e.g. Showdowns, Carlton v Collingwood etc.)
Do you think the Sanfl jumper could be adopted? I don't mind that as an away clash or some variant very similar.

Do you think the Sanfl jumper could be adopted? I don't mind that as an away clash or some variant very similar.

During the Fagan chat we had it was mentioned there'd be a feedback style decision making process next time, nothing on the format of that but probably similar to the SANFL process. Send in designs and then vote, or here's 6 designs we've done and vote etc.

I think the SANFL jumper will be the SANFL jumper (and nothing else) for many years to come. If you want heritage and meaning towards designs, then the one and only strip of that team should stay IMO.

Weren't we not allowed to use the SANFL jumper for some reason? I do like that one better, but we already have 3 amazing colours that represent us. I want to use only those.

During the Fagan chat we had it was mentioned there'd be a feedback style decision making process next time, nothing on the format of that but probably similar to the SANFL process. Send in designs and then vote, or here's 6 designs we've done and vote etc.

I think the SANFL jumper will be the SANFL jumper (and nothing else) for many years to come. If you want heritage and meaning towards designs, then the one and only strip of that team should stay IMO.

Maybe have that design and replace the white with yellow.

So we have the traditional "hoops", well in theory hoops.
The SANFL team jumper as it now for SANFL games.
Then the SANFL jumper with a yellow base as the away jumper.

Simples.

Sure, that is a sensible approach and outlook.
That's positive! Can some of the designs from the original Sanfl poll be used again. The AFC logo like we received on our hats was one and I quite liked that.

Would like to see 3 guernsey that the club has, all hoops. One our normal guernsey, one our normal guernsey but instead of blue being dominate make red the dominant colour the other guernsey has yellow as the dominant colour. The club has yellow shorts to wear with the yellow one and red for the red one.

The policy should be always wear default when possible, otherwise pick a clash strip that works against the opposition. To help with marketing the jumpers and for fan engagement the club could pick 3 of the less exciting home matches and make them colour days, so one game is a blue game, one red and one yellow. Where fans are encouraged to come dressed in that colour and the team will wear that version of the kit. Would be cool to see AO in one colour. A bit like how miami heat have their white matches

heat-white.jpg

Weren't we not allowed to use the SANFL jumper for some reason? I do like that one better, but we already have 3 amazing colours that represent us. I want to use only those.
Not sure. Yes we have three amazing colours but by AFL guidelines we have to have a certain percentage of white so we work with those parameters until it changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would like to see 3 guernsey that the club has, all hoops. One our normal guernsey, one our normal guernsey but instead of blue being dominate make red the dominant colour the other guernsey has yellow as the dominant colour. The club has yellow shorts to wear with the yellow one and red for the red one.

The policy should be always wear default when possible, otherwise pick a clash strip that works against the opposition. To help with marketing the jumpers and for fan engagement the club could pick 3 of the less exciting home matches and make them colour days, so one game is a blue game, one red and one yellow. Where fans are encouraged to come dressed in that colour and the team will wear that version of the kit. Would be cool to see AO in one colour. A bit like how miami heat have their white matches

Yes. Yes, yes, yes.

Perhaps if we can't do full hoops, something like the Western Bulldogs hoops for the red and gold ones if necessary.

Not sure. Yes we have three amazing colours but by AFL guidelines we have to have a certain percentage of white so we work with those parameters until it changes.
I was under the impression that it wasn't white that was mandated but a 'light colour' (see, for example, Essendon's grey strip and Carlton's baby blue one), but that the AFL thinks our gold is a 'dark colour'. It could be that Richmond's yellow is 'light' whereas Adelaide's gold is 'dark'.

Crazy, I know

heat-white.jpg

Great suggestion, and you would think this could be implemented quite easily, but also it just seems like common sense. Very frustrating when easy, preferred and sensible things are disallowed. It could work with all clubs too.

I was under the impression that it wasn't white that was mandated but a 'light colour' (see, for example, Essendon's grey strip and Carlton's baby blue one), but that the AFL thinks our gold is a 'dark colour'. It could be that Richmond's yellow is 'light' whereas Adelaide's gold is 'dark'.

Crazy, I know

Is that really the case? I think we need some official clarification. I can't seem to make sense of it at the moment.

Great suggestion, and you would think this could be implemented quite easily, but also it just seems like common sense. Very frustrating when easy, preferred and sensible things are disallowed. It could work with all clubs too.

images

images

I have been so disappointed over the years with our clash guernseys. For those that say fix on field first and that the clash jumper is a non issue as they will be happy to see us raise the premiership cup in a pink dress, that is all true.

However when you are an interstate supporter - living in perth - and the eagles and dockers obviously wear a dark blue or purple, you are left watching our team wearing a cartoon crow head, a splash of paint or now some 'apparent crow gouges' that aren't even the right colour blue. It doesnt even really feel like you are there watching the crows as the clash guernseys of late are just pathetic and non representative of our club. Most supporters turn up wearing the traditional guernsey yet watch their team wearing something totally different. Honestly the guernseys are embarrassing!!!

The best clash guernsey we have had is the one tyson edwards is wearing above. I don't think the design was perfect but at least they were our colours with the correct shade of blue.

My preference however would be inversions of our current one similar to the one in the middle above (predominantly red) or predominantly yellow.

I know all the interstate supporters would agree with me. Fix it crows!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back