List Mgmt. 2015 AFL Draft - what type of players should we be looking at & who do we take? (Poll added)

Who would you select with our first round pick?

• Joshua Schache (VIC – KPF)

Votes: 57 12.8%
  • Jacob Weitering (VIC – KPD)

Votes: 349 78.3%
  • Aaron Francis (SA – DEF/FWD)

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Charlie Curnow (VIC – KPF/MID)

Votes: 9 2.0%
  • Kieran Collins (VIC – KPD)

• Ryan Clarke (VIC – MID/FWD)

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • Darcy Parish (VIC – MID/DEF)

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
kerbatieh kicks 5.3 in an excellent performance against top of the ladder tac cup team nth ballarat today which came with 25 possies & 6 .tackles. surely a certain pick up for any club.
That just about seals it. Would rather him than Aish with our 2nd rounder.

Cheers for the info, SA.

Drafting is the only way to build a premiership team in the modern era. Topping up and trading is all well and good when you are "in the window", but with a full blown rebuild, hit the draft and hit it hard. It only takes a couple of good years to build the foundations of a good team. Freo are a great example of this. Total derp recruiting except for 2008 where in the one year they drafted:
  • Stephen Hill
  • Hayden Ballantyne
  • Nick Suban
  • Zach Clarke
  • Michael Walters
  • Matt De Boer
  • Clancee Pearce
  • Greg Broughton (now at Gold Coast)
The next year they snagged Fyfe and Barlow. Apart from that though, their drafting has been very bad. So it just takes a good draft or three to turn things around. Bulldogs are a classic example. They have just drafted magnificently and they are way in front of where everybody expected they would be.
the window is a myth and drafting is just pure luck, you never know how a player is going to turn out

It was likely we were going to take him no matter if we had #1 or #2.

Not sure we need Schache now anyway now that we have Watson.

I reckon you're right, just that at this point speculation is unnecessary. We'll both get our man.

Well done for coming out and smashing the Dees.

I reckon you're right, just that at this point speculation is unnecessary. We'll both get our man.

Well done for coming out and smashing the Dees.

Shache dad being from QLD would be the smart approach for Brisbane to get players from home state

Lions and blues got what they wanted. Both big winners and i look forward to the weitering vs Shache match up for 5 to 10 yrs ahead

That win has allowed the Lions to get both Weitering and Schache if the talks are true about the AFL giving us pick 2 if Berger leaves as FA... Francis is the next Goddard and should compliment Cripps extremely well.
If the AFL decides to give Brisvegas a band 1 compo regardless of what Leuenberger's new contract length and salary is... I hope that Carlton takes the AFL to court over it. You guys need an end of first round compo pick... not pick 2. There is nothing overly wrong with your side that a few less injuries wouldnt have helped. Same as ours

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the AFL decides to give Brisvegas a band 1 compo regardless of what Leuenberger's new contract length and salary is... I hope that Carlton takes the AFL to court over it. You guys need an end of first round compo pick... not pick 2. There is nothing overly wrong with your side that a few less injuries wouldnt have helped. Same as ours
Look at their A grade talent compared to ours..... They murder us.

Hey I don't necessarily agree with it either, but if Berger is offered enough cash over 3+ years then we will be given pick 2 as compo... I doubt we will give it back LOL. Same deal if Kreuzer wants out and gets a 500k+ a year contract at another club, you will get a pick straight after your first.

Hey I don't necessarily agree with it either, but if Berger is offered enough cash over 3+ years then we will be given pick 2 as compo... I doubt we will give it back LOL. Same deal if Kreuzer wants out and gets a 500k+ a year contract at another club, you will get a pick straight after your first.
Fact of the matter is. On no planet is a club going to offer what is required for Luenbuerger to warrant a band 1 compensation.

There aren't many clubs in real need of a ruckman at the moment and the ones that are wouldn't be throwing over half a million to a player of Luenburgers calibre.

If you receive pick 2 then the AFL system is a joke.

I don't think that Kreuzer wants out regardless of how much money is put on the table for him.

Fact of the matter is. On no planet is a club going to offer what is required for Luenbuerger to warrant a band 1 compensation.

There aren't many clubs in real need of a ruckman at the moment and the ones that are wouldn't be throwing over half a million to a player of Luenburgers calibre.

If you receive pick 2 then the AFL system is a joke.

WE Are in real need mate

lol if after all this talk, we don't get either Schache OR Weitering and they both go to Brisbane...

Frawley got 500k+ and got Melbourne pick 3...it is a possibility for Berger to get a similar deal and thus, Brisbane get pick 1 AND 2.

Having said that, the only clubs i can see needing a ruck man are:

Western Bulldogs (they may be happy to stay cheap with Campbell and Minson, than forking out so much for a ruck man)
Geelong (but they have plenty of other things happening with Dangerfield, Hedo, Selwood etc)
Melbourne (depends how they rate Max Gawn)
Essendon (desperate for a ruckman)
Us (if Krooz leaves)

Pretty confident no one will chalk up 500k+ for Berger but it is not out of the question.

Given Berger's age, you would think Melbourne and Essendon won't be interested as they are rebuilding.
Not sure Geelong are that desperate and probably have a tight cap after Dangerfield, Hendo and S Selwood.

The Dogs are the only ones i can see who would make a serious play for Berger.

Last edited by a moderator:
We won't take Weitering anyway. Our key defence is solid for the next 10 years and even though Weitering will be probably be a better player than what we have we just can't play 4 Key defenders in a side. Our current crop of KPD is looking very good, as in 200 game players.

Fingers crossed... but he's a clear standout.

Here's hoping Stef Martin kicks up his desire to leave so they keep the Berg.

Might we go hard to get him ourselves (probably at an exorbitant price) just to make sure Brisbane can't access Band 1 compo for Leuey? One of the best ruckmen in the league right now so would have to nominate us as his preferred destination, and would command a terribly high pick or two.

/cray-spiracy-theory

Screw it, let's just hope for the bolded part above!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back