List Mgmt. 2015 AFL Draft - what type of players should we be looking at & who do we take? (Poll added)

Who would you select with our first round pick?

• Joshua Schache (VIC – KPF)

Votes: 57 12.8%
  • Jacob Weitering (VIC – KPD)

Votes: 349 78.3%
  • Aaron Francis (SA – DEF/FWD)

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Charlie Curnow (VIC – KPF/MID)

Votes: 9 2.0%
  • Kieran Collins (VIC – KPD)

• Ryan Clarke (VIC – MID/FWD)

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • Darcy Parish (VIC – MID/DEF)

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon we lose out in that trade to Crows for sure - also can't see them giving up both picks in the one draft. Maybe we take their 1st rounder in 2015 and 2016 for them, but can see Yaz going to Tigs or Hawks anyway...

Menz stays where he is.

Yep - all theorising based on the latest rumours. Don't think Menzel is out yet, and Yarran + Hawthorn is a match made in heaven.

Problem we have is the compo pick Brisbane gets when Leunberger leaves. What I have been told he is being offered will certainly land the Lions a band 1 compo pick.. (pick 2 as it sits currently).

So with all the latest talk, here's a scenario I'd be happy to see.

TRADES:
Hendo - Geelong (pick 12)
McCarthy - Carlton (pick 12)
Yarran + Menzel - Adelaide (pick 11 + pick 28)
Bell - Brisbane (Aish)

DRAFT:
Weitering (pick 2)
Curnow (pick 11)
Burton (pick 21)
Kerbatieh (pick 28)
Rice (pick 38)
SOSOS (pick 54)
Carlisle (PSD)

Weitering, McCarthy, Aish and hopefully Kerbatieh slot straight in next season, while Curnow, Burton, Rice and SOSOS strengthen the reserves and become the core of our next development group.

SENIORS:
FB: Tuohy, Carlisle, Jaksch
HB: Docherty, Weitering, Simpson
C: Thomas, Gibbs, Buckley
R: Kreuzer, Cripps, Murphy
HF: Everitt, McCarthy, Boekhorst
FF: Walker, Casboult, Kerbatieh
I/C: Holman, Graham, Byrne, E. Curnow

RESERVES:
FB: Rowe, Fields, Jamo
HB: Rice, Giles, Dick
C: Curnow, Tutt, Aish
R: Wood, Whiley, Walsh
HF: SOSOS, Sheehan, Armfield
FF: Burton, Watson, Smith
I/C: White, DVR, Jones, rookies

Maybe a bit harsh to drop Rowe, Jamo, Armfield and White to the 2's, but they'll get opportunities through injury and in the meantime can have a real hand in developing our next group of kids. Could easily go Walker out, Jaksch forward and Fields/Giles in if Walker is as done as some have indicated. Ditto with Daisy, straight swap for Aish if we think Daisy needs time to build back to AFL level.

I think it's gonna be really important to keep a good balance in the reserves - they need to be treated like an extension of the club, rather than a second-rate team where players go when they've been naughty. That means committed senior players who are willing to spend the twilight of their careers teaching the next generation of Blues and getting the occasional call-up when the team needs them.
Nice work:thumbsu: exciting times:rainbow:

Mccathy would be a great exchange for Hendo.
Not sure I want Menzel and Yarran to go. Would mean we have lost all our goal scoring forwards from CFC. Think Menzel will become Elite, so both worth more than 11 + 28.
Would be nice if we could get a few more midfielders somehow, as losing Yarran will make us slower.
What about Foster? Is he out?
Assume you are losing Carrazzo?

Problem we have is the compo pick Brisbane gets when Leunberger leaves. What I have been told he is being offered will certainly land the Lions a band 1 compo pick.. (pick 2 as it sits currently).
But who has cap space to make a big offer? Dogs have Boyd on $1m and Griffen GWS pay. Essendon?

Nice work:thumbsu: exciting times:rainbow:

Mccathy would be a great exchange for Hendo.
Not sure I want Menzel and Yarran to go. Would mean we have lost all our goal scoring forwards from CFC. Think Menzel will become Elite, so both worth more than 11 + 28.
Would be nice if we could get a few more midfielders somehow, as losing Yarran will make us slower.
What about Foster? Is he out?
Assume you are losing Carrazzo?

I'd have Yarran at 12-16 and Menzel at 16-20 on pick value. Figure 11 + 28 is probably about right if they both want out. Could push for Adelaide's pick 10 instead of 11 if the players each club wants don't overlap.

I think we're actually OK for mids (Cripps, Murphy, Gibbs, Curnow, Graham, Holman, Thomas, Aish, Whiley, Walsh + Kreuzer), and if we want to grab a few more for our next flag tilt they can come after the KPP's who need more time to develop.

No idea about Foster - haven't seen any of him at all so didn't want to slot him in anywhere. Would assume he's still a reserves/project player though.

Carazzo, Judd, Ellard and Warnock all gone along with the traded players frees up 8 spots for the 8 ins I've listed. Could easily drop a rookie or two as well I would think if we need room for a Korchek-type.

I'd have Yarran at 12-16 and Menzel at 16-20 on pick value. Figure 11 + 28 is probably about right if they both want out. Could push for Adelaide's pick 10 instead of 11 if the players each club wants don't overlap.
poor outcome for Menzel if that happens, when he was drafted was considered a top 5 talent if not for the question mark over his knees. And on that front at least, so far so good.

We need to draft people with mongrel in them, competitive (not explosive) beasts. People who want to get 110% out of their ability and don't understand it's mathematically impossible.

A mate told me that we would get Carlisle from Essendon* and Essendon* would get Geelong's first round pick and Henderson would go to Geelong. I told him he was dreaming because the best deal would be a straight swap of Henderson to Geelong for Geelong's first round pick and we could leave Carlisle where he is.

Has anyone else heard this ridiculous arrangement? Personally if the BLues take this deal then they really have NFI!!!!

CARLISLE OFF TO THE BULLDOGS.. 5 YEAR DEAL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no way any club is going to pony up 500k over 5 years for Leunberger. Not with his injury history
His form this year has been below average. Kruezer on the other hand :cry:
If this does by some BS eventuate, we just have to back SOS in with the picks we have.

Pick #1 Patty MaCartin
Pick #2 Christian Pateracca

Pick #1 Tom Boyd
Pick #2 Josh Kelly

Pre draft there is always hype around the top few picks. Very rarely does the best player of the draft come from pick #1 or #2.
All it really guarantees is that you get the best performed junior footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back