2015 - AFL Finals Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

$100 bonus bet on with William Hill @ 1.98
Eagles-Hawks both teams to score 60 - Yes
Freo-Syd both teams to score 90 - No
Dogs-Crows both teams to score 60 - Yes
North-Tigers both teams to score 90 - No

Tigers 1-39, Freo 1-39, Adel PYO +9.5 ($1.60), West Coast +13.5 ($1.60). BET 365

Tiges look cherry ripe for mine & are far more comfy at the G. Can't see Swans getting over Freo without Kack/Parker at coalface & buddy well underdone.

Dogs at the G don't give me much confidence & think Crows are travelling better. Nic Nat was a huge out v Hawks last time & will be difference this time round.

Taken the start on both just as insurance as they were overs imo to start with.

like the crows think they can beat the dogs also like Sydney at 2.35 don't rate freo think the swans will go hard then have a 2week break to rest buddy's back

Nor do I, but have grave concerns for Syd's ability to combat Sandi with Pyke/Tippett & ability to win ball at coalface without Jack & Parker??

I'm thinking all games won't blow out. Can't see any team winning by over 40. Anyone have any thoughts on who could blow one away. Looking at all teams either u40 at this stage

I'm thinking all games won't blow out. Can't see any team winning by over 40. Anyone have any thoughts on who could blow one away. Looking at all teams either u40 at this stage

I think if the Crows get on top early they could blow out the young Dogs. They have the firepower to do so.

But most likely, most games go 1-39.

Nor do I, but have grave concerns for Syd's ability to combat Sandi with Pyke/Tippett & ability to win ball at coalface without Jack & Parker??
Think the +14.5 on the swans is by far the best and safest bet of the round
Kennedy, Hanners and Mitchell are all contested ball animals and Buddy even with a ginger back is a born-finals player.

Dogs or crows could be a blowout either way IMO, tall forwards for crows vs dogs defence, small forward and fast pace back men vs crows defence and attack, the only other team I see winning 40+ is the tiges which ultimately depends on which roos show up

Edit: freo could also blow out to 40+ at half time but then win by 10ish as is the story of the season + last home final against swans(so not much use for betting there)

Dogs or crows could be a blowout either way IMO, tall forwards for crows vs dogs defence, small forward and fast pace back men vs crows defence and attack, the only other team I see winning 40+ is the tiges which ultimately depends on which roos show up
Yeah i agree, think the dogs could get very exposed in this game.

Them matching up against the crows is very interesting.

The crows forward line could go berserk against a fairly average defensive backline.

The crows small backline match up well against the mobile dogs forwards

Jacobs will be putting it down the throat of danger, sloane and thompson all day.

The crows should win this, and im also thinking it could be a big win

Yeah i agree, think the dogs could get very exposed in this game.

Them matching up against the crows is very interesting.

The crows forward line could go berserk against a fairly average defensive backline.

The crows small backline match up well against the mobile dogs forwards

Jacobs will be putting it down the throat of danger, sloane and thompson all day.

The crows should win this, and im also thinking it could be a big win
I actually feel like the crows back line may get exposed, especially if the crows return to their dreadful kicking efficiency and turn it over at their half forward line, the dogs run out of that back line will go berserk with the veterans having the freshen up last week, then pinpointing passes inside 50 on the quick spread but like I said it could easily could go either way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually feel like the crows back line may get exposed, especially if the crows return to their dreadful kicking efficiency and turn it over at their half forward line, the dogs run out of that back line will go berserk with the veterans having the freshen up last week, then pinpointing passes inside 50 on the quick spread but like I said it could easily could go either way
Yeah but with the crows getting first use of the ball guys like Jenkins, Walker, Betts are going to be one out a lot of the time, with great one on one players like that it makes it hard for the dogs to play that run and gun style if they are going to have to be accountable for their direct opponent

HAW v WC both score 60 - yes (1.23)
RICH -8.5 (1.91)
1U @ 2.34

IMO, Richmond played a near perfect game against the hawks in rd 18. Zero handling errors, pressured ball. If they handle finals pressure and bring their A game, they'll win easily

Last edited:
Hmm. Thinking Freo/Swans total match points U150. Surely.

Or Freo to win. Unsure what I'll do here. Sat in Perth says showers.

I find the rhetoric on here that Richmond will belt North as bemusing.

Mark my words North will win this. Finals footy is a different kettle of fish & North has played & won enough recent finals footy to not jar up here. Given all the expectation is on the Tiges & the fact North have owned them for the last 5 years, I see them as the best bet of the round at $2.50 or could do far worse with +9.5 @$1.91.

Goldstein will monster Maric, Tarrant will curtail Riewoldt, Jacobs will keep Deledio in check & Norths dour mids are a good match up for a similar Tiger set up.

Richmond/North points total was at 181.5 yesterday and now is 169.5 on sportsbet...can anyone fill me in?

Sportsbet got the line wrong IMO. Was 176.5 and 171.5 on the other books. Other than that I think they all think the dour, defensive football will continue into finals.

I find the rhetoric on here that Richmond will belt North as bemusing.

Mark my words North will win this. Finals footy is a different kettle of fish & North has played & won enough recent finals footy to not jar up here. Given all the expectation is on the Tiges & the fact North have owned them for the last 5 years, I see them as the best bet of the round at $2.50 or could do far worse with +9.5 @$1.91.

Goldstein will monster Maric, Tarrant will curtail Riewoldt, Jacobs will keep Deledio in check & Norths dour mids are a good match up for a similar Tiger set up.

I tend to agree. No idea why everyone is so bullish on Richmond after watching the garbage they dished up on Friday against the North Melbourne reserves.

I tend to agree. No idea why everyone is so bullish on Richmond after watching the garbage they dished up on Friday against the North Melbourne reserves.
Richmond are 4/9 for wins against the top 8 this year. North are 3/9, of which, 2 wins were in Tas.

The risk is the finals factor

Remove this Banner Ad

Back