Socceroos 2015 ASIAN CUP FINAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

i am still elated so much so i am still wearing my replica aus shirt. woke up this morning, went to the airport and i here now type this post from cloudy hong kong. proud as punch but dont think anyone ive seen has given a s**t nor congratulated Australia on the win. the day is still young on this shirt shall gain mileage

One of the most entertaining matches I've seen the green and gold play.
Had to laugh when I watched the 6 o'clock news prior to the match and was zero, ZERO, mention of the final.

Hopefully the country gets a bit football fever again and the A-League and local comps benefit from it. The haters and a lot of the mainstream media will (for whatever reason) play it down but even the most one eyed Aussie Rules supporter would have to enjoy a win like that.

Had to laugh when I watched the 6 o'clock news prior to the match and was zero, ZERO, mention of the final.

Hopefully the country gets a bit football fever again and the A-League and local comps benefit from it. The haters and a lot of the mainstream media will (for whatever reason) play it down but even the most one eyed Aussie Rules supporter would have to enjoy a win like that.

what channel had no mention of the game?

There will always be one, simply because they hate the sport.

I'm curious as to what medium-term effects this win will have.

To show just how much of a joke FIFA rankings are:

Cape Verde FIFA Ranking: 40
Cape Verde ELO Ranking: 75

Australia FIFA ranking: 100
Australia ELO ranking: 30

Clearly the ELO ranking system is much more realistic.

Cape Verde weren't far off qualifying for the last world cup. They actually have a decent squad.

Really? The majority of our starting line up play in Europe for respectable top division clubs, while it's definitely no golden generation, they are clearly far from our worst line up, get your head out of the sand and do your homework before you make such outlandish comments.
Looking at the age of the squad no reason to believe that they can't have an impact at the next WC in the way they did in 2006. What we called the golden generation was simply because we had struggled for years. The team from 2006 is the benchmark but I have little doubt that we will be able to achieve success greater than that squad did in the years to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the high kick in front of our Defenders face before they kick the equaliser.

Also, What was the reason Kruse got the yellow, does anyone know?

Time wasting.

Heard a few people say that he actually got done for dissent. When the ref came over to tell him to get off (like everyone else who goes down injured or not) he was waving and looked like he swore at the ref. If so the yellow might be deserved. If the yellow was already out then the ref is a campaigner

In Ange we trust...

...well most of us anyway.

Was not long ago at that disgraceful personal attack by Craig Foster feat. Les Murray that cast Ange into football wilderness.

They, should now, in turn, take some of their own advice, and resign, in shame.

He who laughs last, laughs loudest.

It's not even about the results with Ange, (despite being decorated in glory), it's about growing the game in order for us to be able to compete on the world's biggest stage. It's what these losers who nothing about football cannot grasp.

Was not long ago at that disgraceful personal attack by Craig Foster feat. Les Murray that cast Ange into football wilderness.

It's not even about the results with Ange, (despite being decorated in glory), it's about growing the game in order for us to be able to compete on the world's biggest stage. It's what these losers who nothing about football cannot grasp.
Les Murray has quite possibly the biggest knowledge of the game in this country.

When that discussion took place, 8 or so years ago, Ange was out of his depth much like Arnold was when he coached his country. But coaches grow, Arnie is very sought after and Ange has done something beyond great. However it must be said his predecessor nearly did the same......

Great news Robbie Kruse is not as bad as first thought. On the telecast they went with "achilles tendon, Robbie Kruse out for 12 months."

But it sounds from the Herald Sun this morning it is more like a 2 month injury.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Ange and his players for achieving what is the most significant victory of any men's national sporting team in Australia's history thus far.

It would be remiss of people not to also acknowledge the vital work done by others in Ange's staff. People like Ante and Viddie, Pete Cklamovski and Dr. Duncan and Les the physio and all the others that worked long, hard, stressful hours to help the players perform at their best and ultimately, getting the job done.

Thanks to all of you.

Ange has sure shoved it to Fozzie.

Ange has sure shoved it to Fozzie.
Ange has shoved it to a lot of people. Despite the fact we lost a lot of games to good opposition, we have still continued to play positive attacking football against any opponent. People continued to criticize and now Ange has been proven correct. I said it after the World Cup, Ange will be the best thing to have happened to Australian football in a long time. I think this tournament was the start of us being able to dominate Asia. Expect these guys to really grow and improve through the qualification campaign.

The test doesn't come during qualification, we have breezed through that both times. It comes in Russia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back