News 2015 Captain is Rocky!

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's also indicative that Adcock doesn't have a guaranteed spot in the 22.
But, well done Rocky!

Is there a presser?
Not sure, but Rocky said the following:

“To be chosen to lead a Club with such a proud history and with such a great bunch of talented young players is simply awesome,” said Rockliff.

“The Lions have shown an enormous amount of faith in me over the years and I want to continue to repay that by leading this group to success.

“We have something special building here, you can feel it - on the field and off it. We all know the work that needs to be done and we are on that journey together.”

The right call has been made. Rockliff is the man to lead us to the promised land. Well done Rocky. I was once a Rich man but you've won me over that is for sure.

How'd you lose all your money?

Well done Rocky, well deserved. Always looked like he would be our captain. Not bad for a kid who is now one of the best in the comp who we snagged in the PSD.

I think it's also indicative that Adcock doesn't have a guaranteed spot in the 22.
But, well done Rocky!

I have no problem with Rocky as captain, it was going to happen next eyar if not this.

I think the three vice captains are all great appointments too,

but the suggestion that Jed is not a best 22 player (or won't be throughout 2015) and that this reflects him being on the outer, I don't agree with. I would suggest thatwith Joel gone and Goose older, Jed will remain one of the first names on the team sheet for a while yet.

So pumped for this season. He
Is an awesome leader and inspirational on field. Up the lions.

We might have the same midfield for the next five years, and hopefully the same captain for the next five years.

This is a sensible decision. It'll be good for Rocky to have Adcock around and in reasonable form as he figures out how he needs to adjust to this role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no problem with Rocky as captain, it was going to happen next eyar if not this.

I think the three vice captains are all great appointments too,

but the suggestion that Jed is not a best 22 player (or won't be throughout 2015) and that this reflects him being on the outer, I don't agree with. I would suggest thatwith Joel gone and Goose older, Jed will remain one of the first names on the team sheet for a while yet.

I just think that his place in the team is not a lay down Misere as it has been in the past. And I hasten to add that I would not be the least bit surprised if at some point in the 2015 season he is fit, available and not picked. That is all.

I have said before I didnt think Jed was an automatic best 22 selection and considering this year will still be a learning year, despite the fringe of the 8 talk... But I am not here to put the boot into Jed I think he just needs to be close to his best to get a game this year, I think he knows this and has trained accordingly.

I think Rocky has been leading by example for the last couple of years (apart from the odd incident). Great effort from a guy who couldnt even get drafted in the main draft.

There are some players who front the cameras and say the right things and you get the feeling that they are going through the motions and playing the media likability game. (3 votes - C Judd...)

While Rocky has a polished media presence and constantly spruiks the sponsor's product on social media, you can feel the sincerity when he talks up the club and see the passion that he has for the game, the Lions, and the future of both.

I am surprised it happened now, but by no means disappointed. Some just have their destiny fast-tracked. Hopefully the Lions enjoy the same fate in the coming season or two.

I read somewhere yesterday that Jack Redden is now our 5th oldest player.
Aside from Jed's value as a player (which I rate as easily in our best 22, easily), we need his experience and leadership now, more than ever.

Excellent news! Congrats Rocky, well deserved. His rise from speculative PSD pick to one of the games elite has been phenomenal. Been a leader since day one, and his best is still to come.

That Christ for that, we no longer have the worst Captain in the AFL

Wow you must think our players are morons given they're the ones that picked Adcock.

I read somewhere yesterday that Jack Redden is now our 5th oldest player.
Aside from Jed's value as a player (which I rate as easily in our best 22, easily), we need his experience and leadership now, more than ever.

He's an excellent leader. He's vital to the team. He's a guaranteed selection.

So... why the change?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back