2015 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Heidelberg played St Kevin's old boys in all three grades.
Seniors had a good 43 point win, playing a few youngsters and a couple of new faces.
Ressies had a win I think (No score board in use). 5 or so walk up starters into the 1's playing.
19's gallant in defeat playing against 40+. SKOB's changed teams at half time. Very young team of HFC 19's. Mostly if not all played juniors last year.

Tassie trip this weekend. Already feeling the boags headache

Just read on the EDFL thread that Pascoe Vale beat Nth Heidelberg by 90 odd points yesterday. Keep in mind Pascoe Vale have recruited well this year..
Sorry I wasn't there so can't answer any questions just passing it on..

Just read on the EDFL thread that Pascoe Vale beat Nth Heidelberg by 90 odd points yesterday. Keep in mind Pascoe Vale have recruited well this year..
Pascoe Vale was also 2nd trial game in after playing Corowa the week before with North a week behind nevertheless long year ahead for Doggies I suspect.

Pascoe Vale was also 2nd trial game in after playing Corowa the week before with North a week behind nevertheless long year ahead for Doggies I suspect.

Hope the doggies go well, as I do keep an eye on their scores each weekend. Once were a powerhouse in the league, and although they were feared I went there a couple of times and great club to watch the footy, have a beer and a chat. Some good people there back in the day. I have no idea what they are like now though..
Do they have juniors at Nth?

Norwood comfortably accounted for Montmorency this afternoon at the Magpies home ground.

From an impartial observer Monty looked far slower and lacking the skill of their opposition and certainly less disciplined. As Norwood went further in front later in the game there was a number of 50 meter penalties given for stupid acts. There was also an off the ball hit on a Norwood player in the center of the park in the third (from memory) and it will be interesting to see if it was caught by any of the cameras at the ground.

Monty will have to improve significantly on todays performance to play much of a role in this seasons finals.

Norwood comfortably accounted for Montmorency this afternoon at the Magpies home ground.

From an impartial observer Monty looked far slower and lacking the skill of their opposition and certainly less disciplined. As Norwood went further in front later in the game there was a number of 50 meter penalties given for stupid acts. There was also an off the ball hit on a Norwood player in the center of the park in the third (from memory) and it will be interesting to see if it was caught by any of the cameras at the ground.

Monty will have to improve significantly on todays performance to play much of a role in this seasons finals.

Hard to tell how the doggies will go this year as they had 9 players playing from last years reserves premiership due to other commitments so wouldn't go hitting the panic button just yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to tell how the doggies will go this year as they had 9 players playing from last years reserves premiership due to other commitments so wouldn't go hitting the panic button just yet

Thanks mate, for the reply.
I wasn't saying anything negative against the doggies, as I actually always keep track of their progress. Hope they do well.

Do they have juniors there scragger?

Thanks mate, for the reply.
I wasn't saying anything negative against the doggies, as I actually always keep track of their progress. Hope they do well.

Do they have juniors there scragger?
Just started up the under 19"s this year again 1st game was Saturday so that's a step in the right direction

I went and had a look at North V Pascoe Vale.
It will very much be a tough year for North. By no means am I anti north. I think they are needed in div 1.
They were goalless until the midpoint of the third quarter. Pascoe Vale were very fast and young, and ran rings around north in the first half. I think they we up by 70-80 at half time. To their credit North played a good second half, even winning the third quarter.
I asked a Pascoe Vale supporter how they will fair this year in the EDFL, and he said they will struggle. Mid table at best. I was hoping he might say they are a chance to win it. He went on to say they are missing 6-7 starters.
There didnt look to be much youth in Norths Side either. I heard their 19's went down by over 20 goals, and their 2's struggled for numbers, but werent disgraced. 6 goals down.

I hope things pick up down there soon or we will see a mirror image of the 2011 season. Or worse.
Seniors 0 Wins 18 Loses 37.31 %
Reserves 3 Wins 15 Loses 43.08 %
19's 0 Wins 17 Loses 28.02%

Very good crowd however, which was really good to see.

I went and had a look at North V Pascoe Vale.
It will very much be a tough year for North. By no means am I anti north. I think they are needed in div 1.
They were goalless until the midpoint of the third quarter. Pascoe Vale were very fast and young, and ran rings around north in the first half. I think they we up by 70-80 at half time. To their credit North played a good second half, even winning the third quarter.
I asked a Pascoe Vale supporter how they will fair this year in the EDFL, and he said they will struggle. Mid table at best. I was hoping he might say they are a chance to win it. He went on to say they are missing 6-7 starters.
There didnt look to be much youth in Norths Side either. I heard their 19's went down by over 20 goals, and their 2's struggled for numbers, but werent disgraced. 6 goals down.

I hope things pick up down there soon or we will see a mirror image of the 2011 season. Or worse.
Seniors 0 Wins 18 Loses 37.31 %
Reserves 3 Wins 15 Loses 43.08 %
19's 0 Wins 17 Loses 28.02%

Very good crowd however, which was really good to see.
I think Pascoe Vale are one of the sides expected to give the flag a fairly good shake this year.Maybe Turbo might know more but after speaking to some EDFL people last week,they rated Pascoe Vale very highly

I think Pascoe Vale are one of the sides expected to give the flag a fairly good shake this year.Maybe Turbo might know more but after speaking to some EDFL people last week,they rated Pascoe Vale very highly

I would have thought the same. Very good side, had me thinking this league must be amazing. Daniel Harris was watching from the sidelines, Ben Warren played ok, he directed their forward line really professionally. Not sure if Gavin Urquhart played nor Ben Ross, as I didnt know they had signed them at the time.

I would have thought the same. Very good side, had me thinking this league must be amazing. Daniel Harris was watching from the sidelines, Ben Warren played ok, he directed their forward line really professionally. Not sure if Gavin Urquhart played nor Ben Ross, as I didnt know they had signed them at the time.

G'day NFL boys,
Happy to give you some info on Pacco. They did struggle a bit last year due to injuries etc but this year have recruited well, and all going well should be pushing for finals, however last years top sides look to have improved as well
I didn't get down there on Sat but yes they had some players out like Harris, Veszpremi etc. I think Ben Ross might have played the first half.
If I was Nth I wouldn't be to worried about the result due to the improvement in Pacco, as there would have been players trying to impress for a spot in rd1.
IMO the standard of the EDFL has gone up again this year and you might find the top 6 premier clubs will all be competitive with not a lot between them.

Hope this help you in some way.

There is a bit more detail on the EDFL thread from the game..

Good luck to the Nth Heidelberg doggies.

Lower played Seymour on Saturday. 2's had a win, 1's had a slow first half and I think had a close loss. Haven't been able to find the exact scores. Pretty much fielded an U/21 side with a lot unavailable. Game this week v North Ringwood.

I had a look at the Mont vs. Norwood game yesterday arvo. Mont lost by 6 goals. Not quite the doom and gloom scenario described by the previous poster, but there is no doubt they have lost a lot of big names - which might be a good thing long term.

Obviously both teams would have had a few missing, but I reckon there was probably 5-6 of Mont's best 22 not playing. From what I saw there were a couple of 50 metre penalties paid against both sides, but the game was far from spiteful - would have been too hot to waste your energy on that stuff.

It was Mont's first hit out and Norwood's second. Norwood looked a lot stronger bodied and created space a lot better. Very early days, but they are capable of finishing mid table, maybe snare 5th spot if things go right.

I had a look at the Mont vs. Norwood game yesterday arvo. Mont lost by 6 goals. Not quite the doom and gloom scenario described by the previous poster, but there is no doubt they have lost a lot of big names - which might be a good thing long term.

Obviously both teams would have had a few missing, but I reckon there was probably 5-6 of Mont's best 22 not playing. From what I saw there were a couple of 50 metre penalties paid against both sides, but the game was far from spiteful - would have been too hot to waste your energy on that stuff.

It was Mont's first hit out and Norwood's second. Norwood looked a lot stronger bodied and created space a lot better. Very early days, but they are capable of finishing mid table, maybe snare 5th spot if things go right.

G'day mate, did you happen to notice if Leigh Williams played for Norwood. Has blonde hair and usually plays FF or maybe CHF. His one of the best local players in the country.. Ex Melb, Casey & Willy player. Only about 25-26 and plays at his junior club. How good is this that a player is willing to play for his club and reject huge offers.. Good enough to play higher but doesn't want the commitment & pressure..

Is he No 11. Played FF, couldnt get near it early but turned it on in the 2nd half and prob finished with 6 goals. Bit of a lair at times taking on numerous defenders and having ridiculous shots on goal rather than look for better options.

Is he No 11. Played FF, couldnt get near it early but turned it on in the 2nd half and prob finished with 6 goals. Bit of a lair at times taking on numerous defenders and having ridiculous shots on goal rather than look for better options.
I thought he may have been referring to no. 11 as well. Big unit, he certainly had the defenders covered in the second half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back