2015 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

And the President was recently quoted as saying "we are not chasing a marquee player/s, we'll be looking at going the same path as your Greensboroughs and Macleods, by recruiting youth"!

Wouldnt of thought he would be "marquee". He's a local Northern football league junior.

Wouldnt of thought he would be "marquee". He's a local Northern football league junior.
Are you suggesting that someone who has played at 2 AFL clubs, was a rising star nominee who played 48 games for 89 goals, including leading West Coasts goal kicking in 2008 with 42 goals, would not be classed as "Marquee" at our level? Especially being only 27.

Are you suggesting that someone who has played at 2 AFL clubs, was a rising star nominee who played 48 games for 89 goals, including leading West Coasts goal kicking in 2008 with 42 goals, would not be classed as "Marquee" at our level? Especially being only 27.

His stats and experience prove that he will be a fantastic pick up. I'm saying hes not marquee as he already had links with Bundoora prior to achieving all of that

I have herd on good authority that Seymour are going hard at Ryan Jackson. Seymour came close to signing Andrew Fairchild but he chose to stay at Whittlesea.

His stats and experience prove that he will be a fantastic pick up. I'm saying hes not marquee as he already had links with Bundoora prior to achieving all of that
Having passed links, however tentative does not preclude one from being a "Marquee" player. I'd imagine if he plays at Bundoora, he would be receiving far greater coin than the youth of Greensborough or Macleod. Therefore would be on "Marquee" player rates.

I have herd on good authority that Seymour are going hard at Ryan Jackson. Seymour came close to signing Andrew Fairchild but he chose to stay at Whittlesea.
It was reported a while back that the 2 Jackson boys had re-signed at mont. Was this incorrect? Hursty was originally chasing one of them before they got Shaw and Farrely.

It was reported a while back that the 2 Jackson boys had re-signed at mont. Was this incorrect? Hursty was originally chasing one of them before they got Shaw and Farrely.
Luke jackson to finish he's career at creek .. Ryan co captain with Donaldson and flint ... He's not going anywhere

Having passed links, however tentative does not preclude one from being a "Marquee" player. I'd imagine if he plays at Bundoora, he would be receiving far greater coin than the youth of Greensborough or Macleod. Therefore would be on "Marquee" player rates.

Fair call

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coach and captain from Greensborough gone. Will be very hard to challenge again

Quality player no doubt but Greensborough's greatest strength was their evenness and ability not rely on 1 bloke. Regarding the coach change, I think the standards and culture has already been set so cant see that being a problem.

I spoke to a now ex-teammate of Tim's and was told that the decision had a lot to do with him wanting to get away from his pest of an old man (hello Ron).

D
You can't ride off premiership teams for the next year.. Hardest thing to do is to go back 2 back. Blokes will want to come and play for the mighty boro
Certainly havent written them off. Is a massive loss for the Boro though. The games i saw last year of them, Bongetti was amazing, Comfortably the best player i saw in the NFL last season.

If rumours are close
SHAW 8
Mitchell 8
Gloury 6
barbero 6
cloke 20

Theres a lazy 5k each saturday bundoora have to spare

Good sources tell me A few boys from the NEAFL and AFLQ are looking to come across the state. One is talking to Greensborough and one is talking to Heidelberg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back