News 2015 Fixture Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Slowly but surely more leaks are coming out. We will be playing away on ANZAC weekend as GWS are playing 'at home' in Canberra. Some are saying we'll play Freo on Saturday night in the Len Hall game, others have suggested Brisbane at the Gabba Sunday twilight. According to the Hawthorn forums and 3AW our Grand Final rematches are Rd 8 Saturday night at the MCG (that'd be May 23) and Rd 16 Friday night at ANZ (July 24, assuming there's a split round).

There won't be a split round next year will there due to the late start? Won't it just be three weeks with 6 teams not playing for the one bye?

There won't be a split round next year will there due to the late start? Won't it just be three weeks with 6 teams not playing for the one bye?

It will just be 1 round split over 2 weeks not 3 weeks as was the case this year. Otherwise, the grand final would have to go to mid-October.

In other fixture rumours, a Collingwood supporter suggested in the 2015 fixture thread on the main board Collingwood won't be in Sydney in 2015. From this we can imply two conclusions. Firstly we'll have 3 MCG games (Melbourne Rd 6, Hawthorn Rd 8 & Collingwood). Even though we are due to play a number of Etihad clubs at Etihad, these are mainly smaller clubs (St Kilda, North & Carlton) so we won't have the farce we had against Essendon in Round 9 where club members had to get their own tickets because it was a 'reserved seat match'. This also shows, the AFL actually have been listening to us. I've was told by a Swans official 2 years ago we're been lobbying to get Collingwood back to the SCG, but if we don't have them at ANZ that's good enough for me.

Am I being cynical or is anyone else waiting for our draw to be filled with low drawing home games, inconvenient time slots and the annual screwing over of Vic based swans members?

I'd call it a realistic expectation:(. Also, Magpies to go back up to 7 Friday night games to placate The Mouth that never shuts up.

Am I being cynical or is anyone else waiting for our draw to be filled with low drawing home games, inconvenient time slots and the annual screwing over of Vic based swans members?

We bring the AFL dollars, we will have a good fixture viewing wise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if the leaks are true we have Home, Adelaide, Home, Perth, ?(Home), Melbourne, ?(Home), Melbourne in the first 8 rounds. This highlights the fact that there will never be equity in a fixture where non-vic clubs are travelling every second week. It also shits me to tears we go for a couple of months at a time without games in Melbourne, then get 2 within three weeks. Surely it can't be that hard to space them out a little.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back