2015 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Goose hasn't even played since the concussion a month ago. Hans't been on injury list, but not playing. Anyone know if he's okay? What's going on?

Goose hasn't even played since the concussion a month ago. Hans't been on injury list, but not playing. Anyone know if he's okay? What's going on?

It's possible to miss multiple weeks with concussion but I wouldn't be surprised if he had another injury and the club wasn't keeping us informed.

I will be heading along. Not expecting a whole hell of a lot given we will probably have even less listed players playing and our under 18s will be playing a TAC match in Brisbane. Likely to be a good old fashion drubbing.

Just reading Woey's reserves wrap again this week he is pretty positive on most of the players, suggesting that they generally filled their roles etc. That's good, but if it is accurate, why did we get beaten by 34 points. I don't watch the reserves so maybe someone who does can say but I'm starting to wonder whether Woey is just blowing smoke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just reading Woey's reserves wrap again this week he is pretty positive on most of the players, suggesting that they generally filled their roles etc. That's good, but if it is accurate, why did we get beaten by 34 points. I don't watch the reserves so maybe someone who does can say but I'm starting to wonder whether Woey is just blowing smoke.

It would be because we had so few listed players available - this results in the remainder the squad being in-filled with academy kids etc. This is also why the reserves have been beaten most weeks, the club injury list is impacting the number of listed players available each week

It was also against the reigning premiers. ZoB must have been the only one over 21 as well. Apart from Harding.

Reserves Wrap - Hornets - 23/05/2015 (Shane Woewodin's comments)

Leigh Harding Reserves Wrap Comments :)

Last but not least, super coach, Leigh Harding. Filled in late for us on the weekend, came in last minute on the death knock. Played forward, didn’t empty out a lot but provided very good coaching instructions for our younger players. Kicked three for us and had an impact on the scoreboard. Wound back the clock a few times with what he was able to do. Great crumb goal in the second which was a highlight of the day.

It would be because we had so few listed players available - this results in the remainder the squad being in-filled with academy kids etc. This is also why the reserves have been beaten most weeks, the club injury list is impacting the number of listed players available each week
Yep. From memory there were only 10 listed players. Virtually impossible to have a cohesive effort with so many young top-ups.

Yep. From memory there were only 10 listed players. Virtually impossible to have a cohesive effort with so many young top-ups.

Only Zac O’Brien (6 AFL games), Jordon Bourke (1 games), Ryan Harwood (56 games) and Leigh Harding (coach who came out of retirement!) have played senior football!

Geez this could get ugly. We were all hoping for some better luck with injuries this year but if anything it has been worse. People talk up the Swans but the only injury of note they have at the moment is Heeney. If we had just one or two senior players missing we would have a very decent list to choose from. And the season's not even half way.:cry:

Can any of you do me a favour and give me a quick outline on which Lion is going to play, roughly speaking. In return tell me 3 or 4 Lions to look out for and I'll try to tweet about them as much as possible.

U8BYorH.png

Can any of you do me a favour and give me a quick outline on which Lion is going to play, roughly speaking. In return tell me 3 or 4 Lions to look out for and I'll try to tweet about them as much as possible.

U8BYorH.png
By the sounds of it Harwood's getting a call-up to seniors. Is that what you're after Grim?

You should see a big win for your effort. Can't see it being anything but ugly for the Lions.

As for Lions to watch out for...hrmmm...veeeery slim pickings, but Mayes' return and our one fit KPF, Hammelmann would be my picks.

Thanks grim would be interested to hear about Hugh Beasley too. Undersized key defender with pace, tenacity and competitiveness.

By the sounds of it Harwood's getting a call-up to seniors. Is that what you're after Grim?

You should see a big win for your effort. Can't see it being anything but ugly for the Lions.

As for Lions to watch out for...hrmmm...veeeery slim pickings, but Mayes' return and our one fit KPF, Hammelmann would be my picks.
Not really. More like who's going to run in the midfield now that ZOB and Harwood are playing seniors

Remove this Banner Ad

Back