List Mgmt. 2015 LIST Discussion - trades, free agency etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Boyd gone and Patton injured, gws would never let McCarthy go. Nor should they.

Looks like eagles will finish near the top, so the first round wouldn't be a great one. Not enough for this draft for mine. Mcgioness not even best 22

Yeah.......total spud, played 7 games while West Coast surprised the whole footy community running second on the ladder.
Delist, can't even keep Kennedy and Darling out of the team;) .......McInnes btw

HBF, you and I should dress up as little kids and bring in money boxes, Chris grant style!

Attach your 50 cent coin pocket money in an envelope and send it to

Lachlan Henderson
c/o Carlton Football Club
1 Royal Pde
Carlton North
VIC 3054

What would you realistically expect yarran to get in regards to a draft pick. I wouldnt think clubs would part with a top 10
As for those clubs that wouldn't part with a top ten pick for him, they can just GAGF! Yarran has developed considerably since he was drafted at pick 6 so why the hell would he be worth any less than that? Not that I would consider trading him at all (except maybe for an absolute gun tall forward).

As for those clubs that wouldn't part with a top ten pick for him, they can just GAGF! Yarran has developed considerably since he was drafted at pick 6 so why the hell would he be worth any less than that? Not that I would consider trading him at all (except maybe for an absolute gun tall forward).

Plenty of clubs that would love a Yarran in their side.....North, W.C. and Adelaide.

Norths speed could be their Achilles Heel.
They are mostly grunt with some class but little line-breaking speed and with Harvey nearing the end and Atley not becoming the new Judd....problems.

A players value can change in a month.

Just as he got suspended the brains like Lloyd and Nathan Brown said he was only worth a mid/late second round pick.

He's been solid his last two weeks and now they'd say late first round.

Kicks two running goals next week and they'll say mid to early first round pick.

Teams are screaming to find
a) a guy who carries it 10-20m and kicks it 35-50 and hits a target.
b) that extra goal or two a game from someone other than the mids and forwards.

Yarran does both. I want to keep him because, in a strong set up, he's a match winner. If he goes someone should be offering under pick 10 minimum, possibly with a handy-good player thrown in for good measure..

Plenty of clubs that would love a Yarran in their side.....North, W.C. and Adelaide.

Norths speed could be their Achilles Heel.
They are mostly grunt with some class but little line-breaking speed and with Harvey nearing the end and Atley not becoming the new Judd....problems.
Not interested in helping them increase their speed at our expense. What would they offer up for a trade anyway? Waite?

A players value can change in a month.

Just as he got suspended the brains like Lloyd and Nathan Brown said he was only worth a mid/late second round pick.

He's been solid his last two weeks and now they'd say late first round.

Kicks two running goals next week and they'll say mid to early first round pick.

Teams are screaming to find
a) a guy who carries it 10-20m and kicks it 35-50 and hits a target.
b) that extra goal or two a game from someone other than the mids and forwards.

Yarran does both. I want to keep him because, in a strong set up, he's a match winner. If he goes someone should be offering under pick 10 minimum, possibly with a handy-good player thrown in for good measure..
And, as per your avatar, he does a few other things well.

Not interested in helping them increase their speed at our expense. What would they offer up for a trade anyway? Waite?

I wasn't suggesting to trade Yarran.
He's much better than he's currently playing and would be on the radar of many clubs who would pay overs for something they're in desperate need of.

Hawthorn, for now, are a great example of a club who target and get the bargaining out of the way quickly to get the player they want.
e.g. What's the point of having the three best ruck-men when you can only play one at a time?

North for example have Ziebell, Swallow, Bastinac, Cunnington with Dumont on the periphery.
I know they're not all exactly the same but the ball-park is there and the speed isn't.
Harvey, Wells and even the class of Dal Santo will be gone as early as next year and they may miss on a real Premiership tilt.
Sometimes you're better paying the overs to get exactly what you need, to help you when you need it most.

Never gonna happen, but I'd love to get Luke Parker, maybe for Yarran and our 2nd rounder.

Its not a Yaz hate or lets get rid of him idea, but more the fact I am such a big rap for Parker. Can't ever see him leaving the Swans though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Sydney is the perfect fit for Parker, where he would suffer at the blues because he would get a lot more attention.

Never gonna happen, but I'd love to get Luke Parker, maybe for Yarran and our 2nd rounder.

Its not a Yaz hate or lets get rid of him idea, but more the fact I am such a big rap for Parker. Can't ever see him leaving the Swans though.
You'll want to be upping that offer to even get them to stop laughing at us.

Can already hear the chuckles from the Sydney list management team laughing down the phone

Can already hear the chuckles from the Sydney list management team laughing down the phone

I did say it was never going to happen :p

It would have to take our first rounder and Yaz (at least) and even though, I don't think the Swans would do it.

On another board, a poster claims we had a massive crack at Hannebery, that's the first I heard about that.

Need to lock away Hendo before trying to talk to big names from other clubs I reckon.

Just because he was drafted @ pick 6 doesn't mean he's worth that 7 years later.

He's developed ok, still pretty disappointing considering the amount of talent he has. If we got offered a top 10 pick for an inconsistent outside player with a questionable attitude I'd take it and run for sure.

I love Yaz, but don't consider him a must-keep. Can someone enlighten me to why we would refuse to trade him? Genuine question.

If Yarran is to leave, it will be a first round pick.

He has currency, right age bracket for all teams, and adds polish.

HARKER mentioned North, W.C. and Adelaide- that would get us pick in the 10-13 range, maybe a swap of later picks and a deal could get done.

If Yarran is to leave, it will be a first round pick.

He has currency, right age bracket for all teams, and adds polish.

HARKER mentioned North, W.C. and Adelaide- that would get us pick in the 10-13 range, maybe a swap of later picks and a deal could get done.

Prob not enough unless Yarran really wants out.

SOS has already come out and said we don't want to lose our elite talent, we want to add elite talent.
Said that if we were to lose elite talent, it would have to be a very good offer. Not sure the above scenario is 'very good'.

What do we think will be the actual list management strategy that SOS and co. take at seasons end?

First the Pres says we will 'make hard decisions' and 'everyone is on the table' - supposedly as we want a few top 20 picks in the draft to select the best youth possible.

Then we soften our 'everyone is on the table' stance by saying Murphy and Gibbs wont be traded.

Then all the talk about Hendo and Yazz. And now SOS says we wont trade our talented players as we want them to remain at the club.

Also not denying interest in Carlisle and rumor has it Treloar as well.

Will it be draft picks and youth, will it be established players under 24, combination of both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back