List Mgmt. 2015 LIST Discussion - trades, free agency etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of talk about having to make hard decisions about trading players and yet we are talking about Bell as an untouchable. Lots to like about Bell, as noted by JAB and others. But there is no reason at all why he is less expendable than others.

For all his virtues, he would be a fringe player at any contending club.
We've got pages of trade Henderson and Yarran and also Murphy and Gibbs. But Bell pops up as a trade option and we all freak.

We've got pages of trade Henderson and Yarran and also Murphy and Gibbs. But Bell pops up as a trade option and we all freak.
Doubt many would consider Bell to be better than Aish? And Nobody would give us a first round pick for Bell.
I Like what Bell brings as a big bodied mid who can hurt opponents and is pretty smart around the ball. His disposal is improving every game, and his set shot is good. Can play in the midfield and forward (we need forwards). IMO he has more value to us than any trade we would get for him. He is probably more important to us than Aish.

We have just spent 3 years developing Bell and now we want to trade him for Aish? I have seen Aish play and I am still waiting for him to impress. I keep hearing is this and that, however Brisbane keep dropping him. Let's not do a Fev deal in reverse here. It is bad enough we did all of the hard work with Jacobs and we gifted Adelaide with an all Australian, whilst we persevered with Warnock. Robinson has been smashing packs at Brisbane, something we have desperately needed. As for Daisy there is no doubt in my opinion that he was recruited purely on the urging of MM and probably the whispers of Swan in the background. Any recruiter with a semblance of common sense would have had alarm bells ringing as to the long term viability of the player. Collingwood had determined that his time was up and that in itself should have made us tread warily.Instead we sign him to a 4 year deal on very good money. He could not kick over jam tin in his first year, and lasted 15 seconds in year 2. Granted that injury could have happened to any player, but it was pretty obvious in year 1 that he had lost his pace and at best would become a parts player. Thomas & Jones will cost us one million per year for the next two years. That will be negated by Warnock, Watson, Judd and a few more retiring or leaving, but even MM was stunned that we had very little to play with. Opposition clubs treat Carlton with the same contempt we once treated these clubs in 70's, 80"s & 90's. This has to change.
I think Carlton are being dudded by the Umps, the tribunal, the AFL (please explain the equalisation tax again) and our brand is at rock bottom. Clearly time for change and restoration. Hope we are bold, aggressive and stop being a pushover. Time to Step up and swing.

AFL Approves trading the future:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-co...raft-picks-20150728-gimgzk.html#ixzz3hBS9sTyM

What does this do to our rebuild?
Good step forward, now that they've already changed the system, imo.

In regards to the 'protection pick', during the trade both teams should set a certain amount of points for that draft pick in next years draft and add/subtract points from team A's 2nd round pick in accordance to where team B finishes on the ladder. An issue will be if 2 teams have the exact same amount of points and who owns the pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am still baffled at that fact some supporters are suggesting we trade kruz, it makes no sense what so ever. Kruz imo is worth more then any oick we will get for him, he has clearly shown his worth especially when he stays injury free id rather pay him over the odds and keep him then get some pick that in hindsight mite never make it to the standard required to play afl.

I think the club would be fools to get rid of kruz, yaz and hendo we need to keep players who are in there mid 20s and even though they mite not he around for our next premiership whos to say the draft picks we receive will be any different. Its a bit like taking a stab in the dark without knowing what you are stabbing at in reality. Those guys bring experience and counts for more then some unknown kid at least they know what it takes to play at afl level

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I am still baffled at that fact some supporters are suggesting we trade kruz, it makes no sense what so ever. Kruz imo is worth more then any oick we will get for him, he has clearly shown his worth especially when he stays injury free id rather pay him over the odds and keep him then get some pick that in hindsight mite never make it to the standard required to play afl.

I think the club would be fools to get rid of kruz, yaz and hendo we need to keep players who are in there mid 20s and even though they mite not he around for our next premiership whos to say the draft picks we receive will be any different. Its a bit like taking a stab in the dark without knowing what you are stabbing at in reality. Those guys bring experience and counts for more then some unknown kid at least they know what it takes to play at afl level

Patrick Cripps was #13 and was an unknown kid - Would you rather lose the next Cripps for MK thats 27 years old and history with injuries ?

Also if as you say you would rather keep Yarran,Kreuzer,Henderson , How would you rebuild and get the team back to being competative again

Have a look at the Bulldogs,Saints model where they have let go of certain favourite sons and have revuilt their club so quickly

Unfortunately the draft 'MUST' be your friend and hope SOS is good at what he does and have faith in his ability to select wisely and in 3 years your club could be where the Doggies / saints are

Patrick Cripps was #13 and was an unknown kid - Would you rather lose the next Cripps for MK thats 27 years old and history with injuries ?

Also if as you say you would rather keep Yarran,Kreuzer,Henderson , How would you rebuild and get the team back to being competative again

Have a look at the Bulldogs,Saints model where they have let go of certain favourite sons and have revuilt their club so quickly

Unfortunately the draft 'MUST' be your friend and hope SOS is good at what he does and have faith in his ability to select wisely and in 3 years your club could be where the Doggies / saints are
Simple cripps is one of many we have recruited through the draft thats actuallysgown he is afl worthy, its taken him 2 years under the leadership of a guy like juddy. We are pinning our hopes on draft picks who arent even in the system yet and will take time yet supporters are happy to trade of players who are established afl players and are genuinely good players with experience in the hope we get decent kids who mite or mite not make it at afl level.

We got rid of betts only to get daisy who hasnt shown much we got rid of jeffy and mitch along with waite yet our forward pressure has been none existent,while betts has shown his dominance and jeffy has flourished under roos.

Get rid of kruza and we have only woods who is a genuine ruckman, get rid of yaz and we have no one apart from dylan buckly who can run off the half back and if you get rid of hendo then we are solely relying on cas to kick our goals which really hasnt worked while jamo is coming into his 30s hendo can play at both ends of the field.

We need to keep these guys if we are to go forward unless its a trade for someone like patto who is a kpf otherwise relying on kods who mite or mite bot make it is useless in my books

Simple cripps is one of many we have recruited through the draft thats actuallysgown he is afl worthy, its taken him 2 years under the leadership of a guy like juddy. We are pinning our hopes on draft picks who arent even in the system yet and will take time yet supporters are happy to trade of players who are established afl players and are genuinely good players with experience in the hope we get decent kids who mite or mite not make it at afl level.

We got rid of betts only to get daisy who hasnt shown much we got rid of jeffy and mitch along with waite yet our forward pressure has been none existent,while betts has shown his dominance and jeffy has flourished under roos.

Get rid of kruza and we have only woods who is a genuine ruckman, get rid of yaz and we have no one apart from dylan buckly who can run off the half back and if you get rid of hendo then we are solely relying on cas to kick our goals which really hasnt worked while jamo is coming into his 30s hendo can play at both ends of the field.

We need to keep these guys if we are to go forward unless its a trade for someone like patto who is a kpf otherwise relying on kods who mite or mite bot make it is useless in my books

Mate you have picked one guy whos actually shown he is at afl standard, why would we trade a ready made ruckman a ready made midfielder/half forward and a guy who can play at both ends for kids who will take years to flourish and thats if they even make it.

Id rather get rid of daisy instead whos in his late 20s and hasbt shown anything.

For years i keep hearing we need to get rid of established players only to bring in kids who mite not make it. If we are to trade guys like those 3 it nerds to be for players who can actually play at afl level not a kid who again mite not make it.

Do you see the hawks getting rid of established players they cant cover and before you mention buddy they new they could cover him with roughy and the likes up forward, we dont have that luxury.

He's just turned 26. Don't come on here and bullshit just to try and prove your point.

He's just turned 26. Don't come on here and bullshit just to try and prove your point.
Spot on Sin City so many forget that ruckman like goal keepers in soccer peak in there later years. Plus MK can play as a kpf as well as a ruck abd he can kick

AFL is turning into NBA & NFL with free agency and trading future picks. Carlton is becoming a franchise and the franchise player we have is Cripps. Draft Trade and free agents will be centred around him. Aish outside mid, Carlisle KPD, Draft KPD or Foward, all with the mind set of bring through a young core group together.

the other way to go about it and funny enough it was the old Carlton way before, is too buy your way to the top with superstars. But we don't have the cap to do this maybe in 2 years time we will.

Equally effective ways of winning. Examples Lakers & Boston for buying 5-10 yrs ago and the spurs and warriors building current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back