List Mgmt. 2015 LIST MANAGEMENT thread - 2016 list complete

Remove this Banner Ad

I know we won't. I did say over the next two seasons. I understand cutting 15 blokes from a list will not happen. But these guys IMO are not up to this level, and have all had a chance to prove themselves. Kennedy Harris and Harmes may be the only two that could prove me wrong, but the rest are lost causes and should be delisted or traded within the next two years.

Yeah apologies I missed that "couple of years" as well.

Unless the player is a total goose, they really need to be given two years in my opinion, and the two you list I think need that second year (Harmes for sure). We have a lot of players that need physical development.

Cross had been good in at least a few games, I would not be getting rid of him next year.

We honestly need 15 players cut as many have mentioned, but its just impossible and that is so sad.
Hopefully some new recruits (like Garlett/Cross/Vince) can come in, it has really breathed some life into the club.
Lumumba and Dawes .. not so much, but points for trying.

Brayshaw and Hogan will get better and better, which is erotic. Hopefully Petracca can be as good too.

Just need a player or two with some real class, but how in the hell do we get them?

Too many guys in the 22-26~ish year old age bracket that are underperforming. Guys like Newton, Michie, Riley etc haven't got much experience but I just would be wanting more out of them.

They'll stay though, much much more deadwood to go like Bail, Jones etc..

Too many guys in the 22-26~ish year old age bracket that are underperforming. Guys like Newton, Michie, Riley etc haven't got much experience but I just would be wanting more out of them.

They'll stay though, much much more deadwood to go like Bail, Jones etc..

phpThumb_generated_thumbnailjpg.jpg

latest

Just the 15 blokes you want to get rid of at the end of the year? You big old softy. I was thinking we could bar the dressing room doors at the end of season function and burn the building down.

Bail
Jones.M
Terlich
Hunt
Riley
Toumpas
Harmes
Michie
Newton
Fitzy

Jamar
Spencer
JKH

Garland
Howe

These 15 players are the ones who should be nervous going into next year
Personally, Id give Michie, Newton, Harmes, Fitzy, Spencer and JKH more time
Bail, Terlich, Jones, Hunt, Riley, Toumpas, Jamar, Garland, Howe gone and see if we can gather a couple picks for them

Trade???...trade with what?....a bag of spuds? No one will want these prize Pontiacs.Delist is the more correct word. Garland, when he wakes up...will realize that he might be one of those few free agents , that no other club will make a bid for. Embarrassing for the poor imbecile.

Bail
Jones.M
Terlich
Hunt
Riley
Toumpas
Harmes
Michie
Newton
Fitzy

Jamar
Spencer
JKH

Garland
Howe

These 15 players are the ones who should be nervous going into next year
Personally, Id give Michie, Newton, Harmes, Fitzy, Spencer and JKH more time
Bail, Terlich, Jones, Hunt, Riley, Toumpas, Jamar, Garland, Howe gone and see if we can gather a couple picks for them

I wouldn't be surprised if we persist with Hunt, at least as a rookie. He was a project player from the start and has struggled with injury. He's finally strung some games together at Casey with mixed results and I think we'll want to continue to develop him for another year or so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm disappointed, we should've offered him a contract... even if he was playing in Casey for most of the year and only had to step up to the senior for injuries.

Unless we somehow are going to get 2-3 other senior gun players in, I see this as a mistake.

Love Crossy thought he was good to go around one more time. Seemed keen to go on next year hoping we'd play finals. Wonderful career though, i hope he stays around the club in some sort of role. Maybe fitness or something.

Hope we gut up sunday now, great player. Enjoy some KFC Crossy after sunday

So we have a playing list of blokes who put in zero effort and we sack one of the only blokes who consistently puts his head over the footy

I know teams were exploiting his lack of legspeed but s**t this seems a bad decision

Does anyone know Roos' and Jackson's emails? Held off after last weeks debacle, but this is too much. Not only is he probably our best leader and mentor, he's still one of our best players and a genuine class act. Really upset about this, are we really in the right hands?

Really disappointed the club didn't offer him a contract. You'd think he would be happy to play on for peanuts, and even if he played most of the year with Casey, he'd be a fantastic mentor to the young kids, while still being a solid contributor for the senior team if needed.

Great idea to give Terlich and Matt Jones 2 year extensions last year and then push Cross out the door this year. List management isn't an easy job, but we've made some howlers over the past decade.

Close to our most consistent for the whole year. One of only a few players to give a 4 quarter effort on the weekend, accumulating 39 touches, and then fast forward a couple of days and he's told he won't be offered another contract. What a shambles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back