List Mgmt. 2015 LIST MANAGEMENT thread - 2016 list complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Howe is a good player when he extracts the digit. Problem is he's looked like he's on autopilot most of the past couple of years. In a fast paced attacking system, I think he'll be very good.

Very much this. Sadly those extractions happen infrequently. Surely in these modern times there's some form of surgery available.

If he stays I'd like to see him played on the wing.

If Howe stays, just stick him on a half forward flank for 22 games and be done with it. 30 goals and a strong marking target, that's what he'll bring.

If you want an intercept marker across half-back, keep Watts or re-list Cross.

No need to re-invent the wheel here.

Meanwhile, must say that I'm a bit disappointed to see Fitzy go. Must have been some KPI he wasn't meeting, because he was probably a consistently better option at this stage than a few we have kept.

Very much this. Sadly those extractions happen infrequently. Surely in these modern times there's some form of surgery available.

As long as the club identifies the real issue and fixes it. Would not want them to do what Collingwood did with Dawes and operate on his hands to give him slender, delicate digits that are designed to slide right out of his anus. If the club want to keep Howe, they need to make sure they surgically enlarge and lubricate his butthole to make the extraction process simple and easy.

As long as the club identifies the real issue and fixes it. Would not want them to do what Collingwood did with Dawes and operate on his hands to give him slender, delicate digits that are designed to slide right out of his anus. If the club want to keep Howe, they need to make sure they surgically enlarge and lubricate his butthole to make the extraction process simple and easy.

Dumbass comments.

What is the minimum amount of picks you have to make in the draft?

Lets just live in imagination land for the moment and pretend we are able to secure a gun and have to give up our first and seconder rounders (maybe getting a third rounder back or something) is there any point in selecting past #50 in this draft? Will we just be burning spots on our list?

Get an experienced rookie list together and bring out the old 'Moe crowbar' during the pre-season plz

Screen Shot 2015-09-20 at 8.39.53 AM.png

'Take that, pick 57'

What is the minimum amount of picks you have to make in the draft?

Lets just live in imagination land for the moment and pretend we are able to secure a gun and have to give up our first and seconder rounders (maybe getting a third rounder back or something) is there any point in selecting past #50 in this draft? Will we just be burning spots on our list?

Get an experienced rookie list together and bring out the old 'Moe crowbar' during the pre-season plz

View attachment 175592

'Take that, pick 57'
3 minimum but that can be 1 live and 2 upgrades.

Clearly the four delistings to date were of no interest to other clubs otherwise we would have kept them & then traded them.

Others on the list will go but we probably won't make any more delistings until after the trade period. I'm comfortable with that.

Now it's all the rumours & innuendo until the trade period begins on 12th Oct from memory!

It's actually 5 spots free. VDB has extended for 2 years which takes him off the RL.
I've amended the OP. Whilst it probably won't be officially stated until LL1 it is highly likely that he'll be upgraded.

Clearly the four delistings to date were of no interest to other clubs otherwise we would have kept them & then traded them.

Some delisted players might be of interest to other clubs, but not to the extent that we, or they, want to bother with trade talks. Take Fitzy, for example, MFC probably made some enquiries to see if anyone was interested in him. When they didn't get a bite, they delisted him. But Fitzy is the type of player who several clubs might pick up late in the draft rather than take an unknown 18 year old. I think we should have kept him, but if he was from another club, I would be happy for us to pick him up with pick 60 or so. I think he'll nominate for the draft again and make it onto a list somewhere.

G
Some delisted players might be of interest to other clubs, but not to the extent that we, or they, want to bother with trade talks. Take Fitzy, for example, MFC probably made some enquiries to see if anyone was interested in him. When they didn't get a bite, they delisted him. But Fitzy is the type of player who several clubs might pick up late in the draft rather than take an unknown 18 year old. I think we should have kept him, but if he was from another club, I would be happy for us to pick him up with pick 60 or so. I think he'll nominate for the draft again and make it onto a list somewhere.
Doesn't need to go into the draft, he's a delisted free agent. His best shot is being picked up in the rookie draft though IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 spots? We need to do the following IMO:

2 spots for classy midfielders(quick and good kick a must for both)
1 spot for a ruckman(need another genuine ruckman on the list)
1 spot for a tall forward(Hogan can't do it on his own and Dawes ain't good enough)
1 spot for a quick small forward(Besides Garlett we have nothing)

I'm sure a couple more spots will free up as we need to upgrade VDB(and maybe Harmes).

Wasn't it Fitzy who tunnel balled a deliberate rushed behind? He's not up to it.

Yes, recall that was him. Sort of mistake you only make once though.

Not gutted we let him go, but we'd want to be getting in some replacement tall timber.

Yes, recall that was him. Sort of mistake you only make once though.

Not gutted we let him go, but we'd want to be getting in some replacement tall timber.
Should be able to get some similar quality timber from Bunnings. I'd expect the purchase to replace Dawes in the 22 by round 4 at the latest.

Am I right in thinking Harmes is yet to re-sign?

Surely a likely rookie upgrade along with VDB.
Yup. Thinking he will be too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back