List Mgmt. 2015 LIST Discussion - trades, free agency etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very small mid thru, listed on Lions board as 182 cm, 75 kg.

I don't think a smaller frame matters that much if you have Bell, Cripps and even Gibbs to a certain extent in there. They're all big mids....need some more dash.

Either way, we just need some more high quality kids. If that is Aish or someone else from the TAC cup, then great...just as long as they pick the right player.

Worth 1st round regardless IMO, can and ready to play, has footy smart.
Our forward structure makes any KPF look bad, would be a gun in top side with proper structure and deliveries.....

I reckon he's a great CHF. There were games last year when Cas and Waite played, and Hendo looked amazing with a bit of assistance. He might not be a pack burster, but he's very capable wrestling 1 on 1 and on the lead.

As someone who watches the Bulldogs (including their VFL side) almost as much as Carlton let me suggest that Will Minson is pretty much done as an AFL footballer given the way that the game has moved forward. He's not much better around the ground than Robbie Warnock and that's why the Dogs aren't playing him.

If I'm building the Carlton list and I was trying to shape our future ruck stocks I would do the following:

1. Delist Warnock -- just doesn't offer enough of what you need in the modern game
2. Re-sign Matthew Kreuzer -- the guy has more value to Carlton than what he would have on the open market. Given his injury history he doesn't hold the type of value that a premiership contender would pay big money for (no guarantee he'd be healthy come September) and a developing list wouldn't give what we value him to be in return because there's no guarantee his body would hold up long term.
3. Keep Cam Wood on for another year -- he's a trier and doesn't take up a list spot (rookie list). A good cheap insurance policy
4. Play Levi Casboult as a key forward who rests Kreuzer in the ruck.
5. Draft Harry McKay (likely 2nd round). He's more of a genuine key position forward who can be a resting ruck like Levi. Much better kick than Levi. Fantastic second and third efforts from what I have seen.
6. Draft Kyle Galloway late in the draft or in the rookie draft (preferably the latter). He's a late blooming ruck who has a chance to make it (he'll be an overager in the draft). He's 207cm and is showing the ability to take strong contested marks and kick goals.

2016 ruck: 1. Matthew Kreuzer (ruck, resting forward) 2. Levi Casboult (key forward, second ruck), 3. Cam Wood 4. Harry McKay. 5. Kyle Galloway

Last edited:
As someone who watches the Bulldogs (including their VFL side) almost as much as Carlton let me suggest that Will Minson is pretty much done as an AFL footballer given the way that the game has moved forward. He's not much better around the ground than Robbie Warnock and that's why the Dogs aren't playing him.

If I'm building the Carlton list and I was trying to shape our future ruck stocks I would do the following:

1. Delist Warnock -- just doesn't offer enough of what you need in the modern game
2. Re-sign Matthew Kreuzer -- the guy has more value to Carlton than what he would have on the open market. Given his injury history he doesn't hold the type of value that a premiership contender would pay big money for (no guarantee he'd be healthy come September) and a developing list wouldn't give what we value him to be in return because there's no guarantee his body would hold up long term.
3. Keep Cam Wood on for another year -- he's a trier and doesn't take up a list spot. A good cheap insurance policy
5. Draft Harry McKay (likely 2nd round). He's more of a genuine key position forward who can be a resting ruck like Levi. Much better kick than Levi. Fantastic second and third efforts from what I have seen.
6. Draft Kyle Galloway late in the draft or in the rookie draft (preferably the latter). He's a late blooming ruck who has a chance to make it (he'll be an overager in the draft). He's 207cm and is showing the ability to take strong contested marks and kick goals.

2016 ruck: 1. Matthew Kreuzer (ruck, resting forward) 2. Levi Casboult (key forward, second ruck), 3. Cam Wood 4. Harry McKay. 5. Kyle Galloway

How dare you - what are doing on here presenting sensible solutions to our list problems. Why can't you just moan about why we gave up Betts for Thomas like everyone else !!

3. Keep Cam Wood on for another year -- he's a trier and doesn't take up a list spot (rookie list). A good cheap insurance policy

Brilliant

I reckon he's a great CHF. There were games last year when Cas and Waite played, and Hendo looked amazing with a bit of assistance. He might not be a pack burster, but he's very capable wrestling 1 on 1 and on the lead.

Disagree, Hendo is a bit more workhorse, occasional flat-track bully as a CHF. As a CHB he could be amongst the best in the league. Irritates me no end.

How dare you - what are doing on here presenting sensible solutions to our list problems. Why can't you just moan about why we gave up Betts for Thomas like everyone else !!
really is a bit much

What about Liam Jones learning to play Full Back for the Bullaints?

Does anyone else think it may save his afl career?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So replace a 207 with another 207:D:D

Look I actually feel for Jones
He's really tried to launch himself at marking duels
But his kicking and lack of understanding to get a wriggle on has been poor to say the least

can one of you tell gillo94 that you can't trade/say you won't try and get him, in regards to rice on our saints board...

No, gillo94 is like Hugo Simpson who lives in the Simpson's attic and eats fish heads. There is no talking to him. Good luck. Tell us how you go. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back