2015 Membership Thread - 70,000 MEMBERS! WE BROKE LAST YEARS RECORD!! ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is it Target has Collingwood, Hawthorn, Essendon, Geelong, West Coast and at least 1 other insignificant clubs merchandise but not Richmond. Rebel sport was the same. (This is in Tasmania). Yet I was in Bellerive getting at my sons bday party and we were parked next to two tiger members, and I would see at least a couple of tiger members every time I go in a car. The only other club that is even noticeable in Hobart is Hawthorn.

I can't stand the disrespect from retailers, look at our member numbers!
target glen waverley only has Richmond merch, compete rack and a minor amount of carlton, no other teams, what suburb you talkin

target glen waverley only has Richmond merch, compete rack and a minor amount of carlton, no other teams, what suburb you talkin
Hawthorn merchandise being so popular obviously got all sold out :)

Why do Hawks have basically no non-access memberships?? If they added 8k non access memberships to their total they would be number 1.. What are our non access memberships. Babies and international, cant be pets (they dont count).. Surely Hawthorn would sell baby memberships. Do they chuck in a free game??
What is interesting is if you take away Non-access members Hawthorn is Number 1 in total.

What is interesting is if you take away Non-access members Hawthorn is Number 1 in total.
What is even more interesting is when you take away about 8000 children that don't exist from those dodgy family memberships.

Do you even offer non access ? Didn't you guys add access to every membership ?
If you look at the list you will see that Hawthorn do have 120 for some reason, but why would someone want to become a non access member like Pets for example.

If you look at the list you will see that Hawthorn do have 120 for some reason, but why would someone want to become a non access member like Pets for example.
120 non access ? you're tellin me out of 68k people only 120 chose non access? There's obviously more to it. They probably offer a membership of similar $$$ with match access

Do you even offer non access ? Didn't you guys add access to every membership ?
I believed they added access
Pets aren't non access.

Rover....rover.....come here. sorry boy you can't come to round one turns out your membership is non access.

I kid. I kid.......as if I would buy a pet membership for him.

It would be a 16 gamer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't hawthorn sell a one game membership as an entry level budget option, especially for tassie
I think that did happen about 3 years ago but now they only sell 4 game memberships ,just checked up on their membership packages for Tassie members.

Stop bashing the hawks. They have done splendidly using every trick in the book to make their headline membership figure shine, 20,000 kids added on to memberships, 10,000 Tassies, no non access etc etc etc.

what they have done is have a ruthlessly efficient membership pumping operation coinciding with huge onfield success.

Does it all create a slightly false impression? Yes it does and when the other clubs get it together to play the add on game and the success ends we will see the true situate re-emerge - EG we are now more professional about it and excluding Tassies are many thousand ahead - but none of it is illegitimate, none is illegal. it is a club making the best of what its got.

Stop bashing the hawks. They have done splendidly using every trick in the book to make their headline membership figure shine, 20,000 kids added on to memberships, 10,000 Tassies, no non access etc etc etc.

Firstly it's fun to bash the Hawks. Secondly you are quite right, they do use 'every trick in the book' and there is nothing wrong in calling them out on that. As a supporter group their self-imagery has a distinct fragility about it. Simply believing themselves to be as big as Richmond, Collingwood or Essendon isn't enough, they need supporters of other clubs to believe it as well. They want us to buy into their delusion that on field success, Tasmania, adding on kids to the tally that other clubs don't are pretty incidental to their membership count - that they're 'big' regardless. Question that, tell them that they actually middling and they can get very upset and defensive. When you're a poo and wee size definitely matters.

Firstly it's fun to bash the Hawks. Secondly you are quite right, they do use 'every trick in the book' and there is nothing wrong in calling them out on that. As a supporter group their self-imagery has a distinct fragility about it. Simply believing themselves to be as big as Richmond, Collingwood or Essendon isn't enough, they need supporters of other clubs to believe it as well. They want us to buy into their delusion that on field success, Tasmania, adding on kids to the tally that other clubs don't are pretty incidental to their membership count - that they're 'big' regardless. Question that, tell them that they actually middling and they can get very upset and defensive. When you're a poo and wee size definitely matters.

The true situation will re emerge next time they play inter state opposition in Melbourne having dropped out of the top 8.

Last time that happened was against Port in 2010 at the MCG. They drew 21,000 !!!!!

As it is they have been great onfield tucked away in the top 4 and playing most of the unattractive opponents in Tassie - a perfect storm of positives. What would the Collingwood or Richmond MCG average be if top 4 and dumping inter staters out of town?

But what happened last time they had a poor run of games and brought a poor drawing side to their home ground? 21,000.

They forget this but they will remember in time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back