MRP / Trib. 2015 MRP/ Carlton Tribunal News & Reports (aka Chook lotto)

Remove this Banner Ad

About right.

Glad Gibbs was tossed out. Common sense prevailed there.

What do we think for Yarran? I'd say about 4 weeks. It's not a great look.
If Conca only got 2 weeks for a vicious attack with his elbow on an unsuspecting GWS player, then Yarran can only get the same result. If the AFL tribunal tries to hand out more than 2 weeks, then Carlton should take the appeal to the courts.

Well I just think given people are getting 3 weeks for high bumps, do we really want to send a message that says it's okay to punch people in the head?

Yeah I know, it is disgusting isn't it. I mean some of the s**t players and clubs get away with nowadays without proper punishment is just astounding!!

Would be very disappointed if it's anything less than 6 weeks tbh.
Your drug addled opinions are worth about the same as Hird's around here... absolutely nothing.

The door is over there... let it hit your arse on the way out the door!

Well I just think given people are getting 3 weeks for high bumps, do we really want to send a message that says it's okay to punch people in the head?

Players also punch in the nuts

Heath Shaw got one game for that....

I was thinking 3 weeks down to 2 with an early plea, but if it's been referred straight to the tribunal with no early plea, then I guess we are probably looking at 3 weeks min. Hopefully Carlton can present a good case and reason for the hit. Chappy trying to act tough and saying it was a weak hit should help, plus the fact that he came back on and didn't seem affected.

The AFL gave Reese Conca 2 weeks for throwing an elbow into the back of someone's head... we all saw how dangerous that was when Phil Hughes got hit by a cricket ball.

How about Yarran gets 1 week and you go cry in your milk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where's the paper trail on that "punch".

Sure it may have been sourced, and it's about to be paid for but xcan we be comfortably satisfied that it was administered to any Essendon player?
I think that the delivery method was openly talked about... but you are right... was it administered to an Essendon player!

So jumper punches to Yarren are ok? if not how many weeks does Chapstick get? It's not like he is an innocent bystander in this.

Chapstick should get 2 weeks for hitting Yarren's fist with his head

Doesnt matter... it should have gone to the tribunal... but it didnt...

I would be reminding the tribunal of the precedence set by that case.

No doubt, it should of.

But I think in saying that they decided their crap system wasn't working so they have changed it this year and I'm pretty sure you can't use past cases as a guide line for new cases... this is the AFL

Channel Timmy and Timmy Watson himself will be going through all the footage to make a damming case

No doubt, it should of.

But I think in saying that they decided their crap system wasn't working so they have changed it this year and I'm pretty sure you can't use past cases as a guide line for new cases... this is the AFL

Channel Timmy and Timmy Watson himself will be going through all the footage to make a damming case

I don't think you were able to use old cases as precedent under the old system as well. But it does suck, because you lose a lot of consistency by not being able to use old cases.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back