Bowling Green Vs Northern Illinois

Mountain West
San Diego State Vs Air Force

Pac-12
Stanford Vs USC

SEC
Florida Vs Alabama

Last edited:

Michigan can win the East if MSU lose, and they beat Ohio Stste.

Forgot about them. for some reason i thought they had 2 losses in conference. Dont see MSU going down to Penn State anyway.

Will be interesting to see how the committee ranks some of the winners and losers from the week.

I'm a bit unsure about where Iowa should really be ranked this week (not that it matters as if they win out they'll make it), mostly because of their schedule and I haven't seen them at all this season.

Based on the CFP committee and their selective criteria (depending how they chose to apply it), Iowa has beaten ranked opponents in Northwestern, and (potentially unranked this week) Wisconsin. No signature win/s.

They might still be outside the 4.

Will be interesting to see how the committee ranks some of the winners and losers from the week.

I'm a bit unsure about where Iowa should really be ranked this week (not that it matters as if they win out they'll make it), mostly because of their schedule and I haven't seen them at all this season.

Based on the CFP committee and their selective criteria (depending how they chose to apply it), Iowa has beaten ranked opponents in Northwestern, and (potentially unranked this week) Wisconsin. No signature win/s.

They might still be outside the 4.
unbeaten in a p5 conference should get you in unless all 5 champs are unbeaten.
I'd have argued Houston in the top 4 if they ran the table just due to the strength of the AAC this year and having to get through Memphis and Navy to make the CCG. Alas, they lost.

something about they're sick of not developing a qb
stupid move
why get rid of an A- coach and risk getting someone worse (who I feel is likely as I rate Miles highly)
im hearing reports that the players in Boise State don't like Bryan Harsin, so perhaps Miles would like to build Boise State into a P5 program? :p

something about they're sick of not developing a qb
stupid move
why get rid of an A- coach and risk getting someone worse (who I feel is likely as I rate Miles highly)
im hearing reports that the players in Boise State don't like Bryan Harsin, so perhaps Miles would like to build Boise State into a P5 program? :p

He might follow in Saben's footsteps and takeover at Bama if Saben goes back to the NFL. There was talk that Indy were going to try and get Saben.

LSU would look bad if the next coach is just as bad, but it might be time for him to move on and have a fresh start at a new school. Texas would throw money at Miles if he was interested. Its not like he is the only coach in the SEC who cant get a QB. Most of the highly scouted QB's dont want to go to the SEC because the big name SEC schools are built on Run games and D with the QB as an afterthought.

I think Oklahoma jumped far to much, they were so close to going down to TCU and still dont know who will start at QB this week. along with the best 2 wins Vs Baylor and TCU are both against backup QB's.

Ohio State should of dropped more, played poor all year and have an all time low offence day for any team under Urban Myer against a backup QB at home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting jump from Oklahoma, hard to see them dropping out now if they win this week. In that case ND probably needs Ole Miss, Michigan, or a 2-loss Florida to win their conference championship.

Surprised Florida are so low despite being at only one loss with a spot in the SEC CG locked up. Though I imagine they'll jump to the top 7 if they beat ranked FSU.

They've sucked hard for the past month or so or are you claiming non SEC bias in favour for B1G bias?

No, I honestly haven't been paying much attention to them lately (aside from them scraping through last week), just noticed that they're still at one-loss and will play in the championship game.

As for the bolded, is there even such a thing. :confused:

So OU jumped from 7 to 3 after hanging on at home against a team now ranked 19 (could be outside the top 25 if they lose to Baylor this week). Will this devalue their win?

What happens if unc beat Clemson in the ACC

Chaos! They have been rolling through the potential scenarios that would see a conference miss the playoffs on Mike & Mike.

This was one of them. Hard to see UNC being able to close the gap. Could open the door for notre dame (even though they beat them earlier)

Interesting jump from Oklahoma, hard to see them dropping out now if they win this week. In that case ND probably needs Ole Miss, Michigan, or a 2-loss Florida to win their conference championship.

Surprised Florida are so low despite being at only one loss with a spot in the SEC CG locked up. Though I imagine they'll jump to the top 7 if they beat ranked FSU.

If it comes down to Oklahoma and ND i think ND get in, they have the better loss and the both played Texas.

Somehow Stanford are 4 point favs this week so if ND come into the farm and win i dont see them getting left out. Temple is also ranked again and they have to look at the games and notice that Oklahoma's 2 best wins right now are against back-up QB's. otherwise its just look at the box score and stats like the old BCS system that everyone hated.

If it comes down to Oklahoma and ND i think ND get in, they have the better loss and the both played Texas.

Somehow Stanford are 4 point favs this week so if ND come into the farm and win i dont see them getting left out. Temple is also ranked again and they have to look at the games and notice that Oklahoma's 2 best wins right now are against back-up QB's. otherwise its just look at the box score and stats like the old BCS system that everyone hated.

Still makes it odd that they flicked ND down 2 spots and out of the playoff after the BC game, they're just opening themselves up to backlash if Oklahoma win and they drop them out for ND. ND might still have to demolish Stanford to get in from here.

Either way, there's still a lot that could happen from here. Unless they absolutely f*** it up this week, Clemson appear to be the only 'lock' for the playoff at this stage.

Still makes it odd that they flicked ND down 2 spots and out of the playoff after the BC game, they're just opening themselves up to backlash if Oklahoma win and they drop them out for ND. ND might still have to demolish Stanford to get in from here.

Either way, there's still a lot that could happen from here. Unless they absolutely f*** it up this week, Clemson appear to be the only 'lock' for the playoff at this stage.

Having Oklahoma jump ND makes me think there were some who didnt watch the game or Lastweek @ Baylor. if the Irish win i find it hard to see them missing out. but they could both make it if there is chaos in Championship weekend next week.

I dont see any team in the top 4 as a lock, North Carolina will give Clemson a test. Hell 2 years ago Duke almost knocked off FSU in the ACC title game, consistent teams as underdogs in championship games love causing chaos given the chance.

I dont have much faith in the selection committee this year, this week they dropped Ohio State 5 spots of a ugly all time low loss when they have been unimpressive all season, and drop Florida 4 spots of a ugly win. I wouldnt have Michigan State above ND because of the 1 in 10000000000000000 punt from Michigan that gave Sparty the win, i cant reward them that much for a play that was luck and bad coaching by Michigan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back