Mega Thread 2015 Pre-Season Training Reports #ffcpreseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
10613023_10152619636919317_2762692695133144011_n.jpg

Tank.

Also SonSon for captain! :D

Remember Tabs was turning 20 when we drafted him, so he should be more physically developed. He's turning 22 this year, which is normally around the age that people start putting muscle on, even if he hasn't been in an AFL system all that time

I just hope he starts using that bulk to take some contested marks. Would love for him to kick 30 goals this year

That's Hurley, you can't see Apeness' shoulders in the pictures.
sorry for the constant intrusions, but you guys are my second team.
I just wanted to state, that it must be a good sign that the international rookie (with no draft) you signed as a future midfielder is being mistaken & compared to a "gorilla" (excuse the pun) key forward.

sorry for the constant intrusions, but you guys are my second team.
I just wanted to state, that it must be a good sign that the international rookie (with no draft) you signed as a future midfielder is being mistaken & compared to a "gorilla" (excuse the pun) key forward.

He won't be a midfielder. Remember, Gaelic Football isn't like Aussie Rules. He played midfield, sure. But that was more for his strong overhead "catching". I'm going to go out on a limb and bet he plays a HBF role in the future.

[QUOTE="ilikepotatoes, post: 36123374, member: 120425"

Also SonSon for captain! :D[/QUOTE]

Would be amazing.

From the club website

"Walters wasn't the only senior Docker to train on Monday. West Coast's entire squad turned up to the first full training session of their pre-season at UWA Sports park only to find Dockers trio Tendai Mzungu, Matt de Boer and Alex Silvagni running repeat 400s at the grass running track."
No mention of Suban, oh that's got to sting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has trained like this from the first season he was here so you would have to say yes.
He lacks any sort of tank.You dont like to write of such a young player but geez he just has to find improvement from somewhere.

Walters either chatted him or encouraged him as Moller ran past on one of his laps. Couldn't quite pick up what Michael said to him.
I was there early and saw the start of the session and Moller looked lethargic from the outset.

Missed the first half hour but stayed for the rest of the session
The only 1 to 4's missing where Neale and Sutcliffe
They all looked in great condition but you would expect that.
The footy's where out early with a bit of handball and kicking skills followed by goal shots
The irishman was OK apart from getting the ball to the boot,concentrated on the ball drop a little to long but as to be expected
The shuttle runs and lap runs where the interesting part of the proceedings with Pearce,Ballard and Tommy leading the way.
Pearce is looking in exceptional shape and seems to have grown .Standing in the group he stood out as the tallest
Apeness and Tanner Smith also looked in great shape
Grey struggled a little and Moller as like last years sessions struggled big time and was distanced in the runs
Walters was the stand out leading in the runs and continuing to work after every one had left the track
I mentioned to Sonny he would sleep well tonight and he replied he needed the extra work to run of the Doig and a wedding he went to on the weekend
Sonny is in incredible condition and surely must be in the leadership group this season.His work ethic is unmatched.
Nice to see Fred Ziffel down there.Fred mentioned it would have been nice to see Mora having a run even though he is not a 1-4
Have to agree with Fred although Mora is maybe still in recovery from his knee
Awesome report, these reports are what I'll be looking forward to all pre-season. How does Sheridan look? Would you say he looks noticeably bigger?

Quite right. Has been a tough few years for him. Having said that he got a one year extension, and he needs to be close to establishing himself as a best 22 player in season 2015. I expect him to rock up looking very fit and strong.
Me too, I'm very excited about this year for Anthony. Freo pessimism intact of course.

As always, we get three first round picks going into next year. Morabito, Sylvia, (TBD).

Awesome report, these reports are what I'll be looking forward to all pre-season. How does Sheridan look? Would you say he looks noticeably bigger?

Didnt notice any weight gains but he was in the leading group of shuttle runners and looked in prime condition
We need him to step up this season along with Crosier ,Tabs

Woohoo, just read the community camp is in Geraldton. I'll be able to give a training report!

Can someone please let me know what I should look to eat during said training session to improve my performance?

Woohoo, just read the community camp is in Geraldton. I'll be able to give a training report!

Can someone please let me know what I should look to eat during said training session to improve my performance?
10 vanilla slices as a bare minimum.

Although beware of the 8% body fat threshold.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back