Teams 2015 Rate My Team

Remove this Banner Ad

B: Malceski, K.Simpson, Seedsman, Ibboston, Whitecross, Jones (Dick, Clurey)
C: Ablett, Beams, McGlynn, Fyfe, Griffen, Rich, Newton, Freeman (Acres, Cripps)
R: Bellachambers, Leuenberger (M.King, J.Griffen)
F: Martin, Swan, Goddard, T.Mitchell, Garlett, Hogan (Membrey, Sylvia

What do you guys think, i still have 68,000, Might upgrade McGlynn to Parker or Kennedy, Not sure if i should pick barlow over fyfe
Need some help Thanks!

B: Malceski, K.Simpson, Seedsman, Ibboston, Whitecross, Jones (Dick, Clurey)
C: Ablett, Beams, McGlynn, Fyfe, Griffen, Rich, Newton, Freeman (Acres, Cripps)
R: Bellachambers, Leuenberger (M.King, J.Griffen)
F: Martin, Swan, Goddard, T.Mitchell, Garlett, Hogan (Membrey, Sylvia

What do you guys think, i still have 68,000, Might upgrade McGlynn to Parker or Kennedy, Not sure if i should pick barlow over fyfe
Need some help Thanks!

I would down grade McGlynn & Fyfe to players like Liberatore & Crouch. It would give you more money to upgrade Garlett or Hogan for a player like Riewoldt or Franklin. Sylvia won't be playing for Fremantle any time soon, so maybe just put Clark there for now. The rest of the players look good. IMO. :)

I just had a quick look and my current team would go into the byes missing 7, 19 and then 4 players, considering half of whats left in week 2 are rookies I reckon I'd be lucky to break 1000

I would down grade McGlynn & Fyfe to players like Liberatore & Crouch. It would give you more money to upgrade Garlett or Hogan for a player like Riewoldt or Franklin. Sylvia won't be playing for Fremantle any time soon, so maybe just put Clark there for now. The rest of the players look good. IMO. :)

I replaced McGlynn with J.Kennedy and Fyfe with Crouch, i then upgraded Garlett to Bontempelli

Would appreciate any thoughts on my team.

B. Smith Newnes Lumumba Mayes Yeo Whitecross (N. Brown, Z. Jones)
Rockliff Wines A. Swallow Griffen Wells Van Berlo Rich N. Freeman (Acres, P. Cripps)
Bellchambers Leuenberger (Nankervis, R. O'Brien)
Martin Deledio Swan T. Mitchell Walters Clark (Hogan, B. Reid)
30k to spare
Strongly considered: Karnezis, B. Crouch, Lynch (ADEL), NicNat, Redden

I know my team is going to change a lot before the start of the season but I know how to spend money

0left.png

One question I have got, not many people appear to be taking advantage of DPP players. I know in my team I am going to try and have a Mid/Def and a Mid/Fwd so that in case of injuries I have heaps of options. Also really helpful for the bye rounds.

Any reason for this?

Would appreciate any thoughts on my team.

B. Smith Newnes Lumumba Mayes Yeo Whitecross (N. Brown, Z. Jones)
Rockliff Wines A. Swallow Griffen Wells Van Berlo Rich N. Freeman (Acres, P. Cripps)
Bellchambers Leuenberger (Nankervis, R. O'Brien)
Martin Deledio Swan T. Mitchell Walters Clark (Hogan, B. Reid)
30k to spare
Strongly considered: Karnezis, B. Crouch, Lynch (ADEL), NicNat, Redden

I reckon you would be better of cutting wells, putting titchell in the mids for the DPP option in trades/injuries/bye rounds. Then get in Lynch (I have him in my team). Thats my observation as I dont rate wells from the players you have listed and it works with the cash you said you have

All in all your team is good but your mids are incredibly weak. Personally due to the high rookie price I have stacked the defence and mids as I see a lot of value in cheaper forwards.

Def - Hibbard, H.Shaw, K.Kolodjashnlj, S.wright, B.whitecross, P.Seedsman. (J.Kolodjashnlj & Z.Jones)

Mid - D.Heppell, G.Ablett, J.Redden, J.Crisp, T.Mitchell, D.rich, N.Freeman, P.Cripps(C.Smith & A.Vanderburg)

Ruck - T.Bellchambers & M.Leuenberger (J.griffin & M.King)

FWD - B.Goddard, D.martin, D.swan, R.Gray, J.martin, M.clark (T.Membrey & J.Hogan

any thoughts this is my first year doing this so any tips would be apreciated Thanks. 6k left in bank

AFL Fantasy 2015 team 4.png

Decided to go with 4 cheapo mids so that I can fit Rocky into my side. What are your thoughts?!?

Seedsman vs Ibbotson
Hibberd vs Hodge
Rockliff vs Barlow
Sauce vs other ruckmen (Goldy, NicNat)

I reckon you would be better of cutting wells, putting titchell in the mids for the DPP option in trades/injuries/bye rounds. Then get in Lynch (I have him in my team). Thats my observation as I dont rate wells from the players you have listed and it works with the cash you said you have

All in all your team is good but your mids are incredibly weak. Personally due to the high rookie price I have stacked the defence and mids as I see a lot of value in cheaper forwards.
Thanks heaps for the advice.
If a rookie not in my team has a good NAB and gets a guernsey in round 1, there's a chance I'll be downgrading/upgrading Walters, Lumumba and/or Wells to accommodate them. But if no one stands up in the NAB, this is the sort of team I'll go with.
I think Lynch, Wells and Walters are all similarly priced safe bets to average 80-90 and all are pretty good options imo.
Are the mids that weak? Rocky's 250 points a week, 3 guys who will average ~100 and no one who'll average less than 75. NVB, Rich and Wells should all be upgraded to premiums pretty early too.

What did you guys think of Warnie's pre NAB team?

Wasn't really feeling the structure of his midfield and defence. Very light on at the back end of each, fielding a lot of rookies.

Admittedly, he did say that it was far from his final team.

I've decided to go without Rockliff, Jacobs and premo backs, using that money to field more midpriced players.

First year I'm not going with a pure guns and rooks structure.

Thanks heaps for the advice.
Are the mids that weak? Rocky's 250 points a week, 3 guys who will average ~100 and no one who'll average less than 75. NVB, Rich and Wells should all be upgraded to premiums pretty early too.

Personally with the midfield you listed you only have 1 proven Gun in Rockliff. In my opinion you need at least 2 (Captain and Vice Captain) but should have at least 3. In addition these are players you can bank on the score every week.

Griffen and A.Swallow are not in my opinion proven guns as they have only ever averaged over 100 once each in their entire careers and they are both coming of bad seasons and Griffen is in a new club. I would definitely upgrade at least one of these.

Wines is an up and coming player, he could be a great pick and personally, out of your mids he is a great unique.

Wells is personally a waste of space on any DT and not a good choice especially at the price you are paying.

Then on to the cheaper players, everyone has a few on their team (everyone has Rich) so they are good choices but they will change come pre-season comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've decided to go without Rockliff, Jacobs and premo backs, using that money to field more midpriced players.

Last year I went with the mid pricer strategy/Bye round strategy and it worked for me really well, I am doing the same again this year.

Rookies will definitely be decided during/after the NAB cup and they are just place holders at the moment.

The new prices of high round draftee's I think is actually really good. So many more unique teams there are going to be as mid pricers are normally mid pricers for a reason.

What did you guys think of Warnie's pre NAB team?

Wasn't really feeling the structure of his midfield and defence. Very light on at the back end of each, fielding a lot of rookies.

Admittedly, he did say that it was far from his final team.

I think they purposely at this time of year leave a little to be desired to create chat and for there allowance of evolution with the team and to also pick a few different types to not look to generic.

I personally didnt think much of it, however its hard to tell without knowing the rookies and who will play and how they will score.

Ultimately a team is set up around the quality of rookies in each position.

Personally with the midfield you listed you only have 1 proven Gun in Rockliff. In my opinion you need at least 2 (Captain and Vice Captain) but should have at least 3. In addition these are players you can bank on the score every week.

Griffen and A.Swallow are not in my opinion proven guns as they have only ever averaged over 100 once each in their entire careers and they are both coming of bad seasons and Griffen is in a new club. I would definitely upgrade at least one of these.

Wines is an up and coming player, he could be a great pick and personally, out of your mids he is a great unique.

Wells is personally a waste of space on any DT and not a good choice especially at the price you are paying.

Then on to the cheaper players, everyone has a few on their team (everyone has Rich) so they are good choices but they will change come pre-season comp.
I disagree i actually think you only need 1 captain type (Gaz or Rocky) as captain then after that your looking to value and increasing avg by as much as possible whilst limiting risk (JS, Durability ect)

I disagree i actually think you only need 1 captain type (Gaz or Rocky) as captain then after that your looking to value and increasing avg by as much as possible whilst limiting risk (JS, Durability ect)

I have Gablett. But also Treloar and Sloane who could become viable options

Hey again, Posted my old team before
Here's my new team.

B: Simpson, Hibberd, Newnes, Lumumba, H.Goddard, Z.Jones (Dick, Clurey)
C: Ablett, Beams, J.Kennedy, Griffen, Rich, Van Berlo, Newton, Freeman (Cripps, Acres)
R: Leuenberger, Bellchambers (Griffin, M.King)
F: Swan, Martin, Goddard, Gunston, Mitchell, Hogan (Clark, Krakouer)

I still have 43k. What do you guys think about my new team?

Also what do you guys think about Salem?

salem is a lock as a forward.

very tempted to bring in higgins as a def / fwd option so that when salem inevitably gets upgraded to def / fwd, i can swap him into the backline with higgins, and sell him as required.

Limiting risk in my opinion is choosing a few players that you know are going to average over 100. Choosing a whole midfield bar 1 player on increasing average you run the risk of shooting yourself in the foot if you want to finish high in the rankings.

In the forward line there are a few guys there this year (marin, lids, swan, franklin), but in my opinion not at the level of the rockcliffe, ablett, barlow, pendles, heppell, priddis,...... I could have a long list here.

There are no premo backs either.

Just my opinion anyway

Limiting risk in my opinion is choosing a few players that you know are going to average over 100. Choosing a whole midfield bar 1 player on increasing average you run the risk of shooting yourself in the foot if you want to finish high in the rankings.

In the forward line there are a few guys there this year (marin, lids, swan, franklin), but in my opinion not at the level of the rockcliffe, ablett, barlow, pendles, heppell, priddis,...... I could have a long list here.

There are no premo backs either.

Just my opinion anyway
What im saying is i wouldnt pick those players Pendles, Priddis, Heppell, Barlow (whoever) if i feel they will drop there average by maybe 5 but still avg 105-110.

What im saying is i wouldnt pick those players Pendles, Priddis, Heppell, Barlow (whoever) if i feel they will drop there average by maybe 5 but still avg 105-110.

I think 5 is to small.

If a player averages 110 every game of the season, gets injured subbed in the last game for 20.

21* 110 = 2310
1 * 20 = 20

Total = 2330

Average over 22 games: 105.9
Average over 21 games: 110

I reckon most fantasy players would take that for consistency. i would prefer that over a player averaging 90 - 95 and might go up. Especially if your captain is a late withdrawal.

What I am saying is players that have 1 above 100 season in a 5 to 10 year career, banking on them getting over 100 is a further stretch then trusting a proven premo.

I reckon we have to agree to disagree.

very tempted to bring in higgins as a def / fwd option so that when salem inevitably gets upgraded to def / fwd, i can swap him into the backline with higgins, and sell him as required.

Need to see Salem in nab. How much is he? 190k?

Higgins. Most people have 3rd degree from him.

Your relying on too many variables

1) Salem playing in defense
2) Higgins Maintaining his forward and defender eligibility after you have brought him in
3) Salem getting defender eligibility - he might not even play enough
4) Both staying fit and in the best 22 which is almost impossible for Higgins and Salem still has to prove his worth as best 22

I know Salem played a bit in defense but the majority of PS has trained as a forward acc to my reading.

You are going to be in a world of hurt by trying to predict all these things. Higgins if you like him should probably be a player you start with inevitably he will get injured.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back