2015 Round 1 Line up

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if having his kid brother on the list might give Ayce a stir on. Either because brothers are often very competitive with each other, or just for the opportunity to play in the same side as an extra spur.
Then who knows, perhaps he just needs a bit of confidence in his own body, and to feel someone believes in him.

Some of those long limbed lanky sort of guys just always look laconic, because of the giraffe-like way they naturally move. No part of them ever seems to be in a hurry to catch up with any other part.

I thought towards the latter phases of last season he looked like he was progressing. If he can now mature [ and the time should be about right] into a useful 2nd ruck, and contribute up front, even if mostly by keeping a tall defender off Boyd and Stringer's backs, I still feel he would make a better foil for Will than big Tom C.
I feel Tom will eventually replace Will as ruck 1, and hopefully Ayce can then be his shotgun in turn.

I wonder if Ayce wouldn't be a pretty good at dropping back behind the play like Scott Wynd used to do. Play a loose man in defense type of role.

I wonder if Ayce wouldn't be a pretty good at dropping back behind the play like Scott Wynd used to do. Play a loose man in defense type of role.

TK, I have said several times during debates on our rucks, that I think we need a 'genuine' ruckman to support Will, not a makeshift KPP.
If that player were to take all ruck duties inside our front 50 when the ball came in, Will would have less ground to cover, and he could sit that one kick behind the play you mentioned, to help prevent the ball coming back out too easily once we get it in.

With 2 genuine rucks in the lineup, this structure could work no matter which is on the ball at the time.

With the 'active' ruck only covering 2/3rds of the ground, they should also stay fresh longer, and hopefully stretch those sides still trying to get by with makeshifts in the supporting role.

Ok so taking emotion and personal opinion out of it I think a lot of people are picking the team they want not what they really think it will be.

Logical conclusions I see(right or wrong)

We have lost Griff Cooney and Higgins from an already under experienced team do you honestly think that Mino and Boyd are by extension not both walk ups starts? If they both out that will leave Murph and Morris to carry the team in that manner and that's a big load with the kids we have

It's fine to attempt to get rid of Mino but many are replacing him with a bloke that has done ZERO at senior level in Campbell. Yes his Vfl form has been good but look at the last 20 JJ Listin winners and it isn't exactly a role call of honour at AFL level. When fit Mino is so far above Campbell it is simply not even a close call. I also think a lot of this call is still based on his attitude to Macca but again that's just what I see.

Id be stunned if Mino isn't in round one and will be backing us for bottom 4 if he isn't in the team.

M Boyd I'm not so sure about but I persoanlky think we will need his leadership in a team that will still have bad periods

Yep completely agree they all play. Only one I see that may have his spot in question throughout the year is Boyd, and even then I think it's highly unlikely he won't play if fit (despite what this board thinks).

Round 1 team will almost 100% be without crameri. I would expect a forward line looking more like:
Grant redpath stringer
Hunter Boyd dahl
Or very similar, maybe Dickson or Daniel in the mix.
Not sure if we will see much of the ASADA penalized players. I think that if the players are not there for most than 16 matches, wooden spoon market might become fruitful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty torn on this one. Still think Roughy will be an AA KPD in no time, he just offers so much down there and its so handy having a 200cm bloke who is so good under the high ball. And I agree he hasn't shown much forward but I think its a bit harsh to judge him on it because he is a completely different player than the chubby 20 year old who played up there last. If he stays at FB or moves to CHF I'm pretty damn happy with him either way but the decision needs to be made now and he needs to play there from round 1. At this stage I'm probably leaning to keeping him at FB but swinging him forward a bit more often as a dangerous marking option. If things go really well and Talia, Roberts and Hamling/Cordy all start coming on in leaps and bounds asap then maybe we have the freedom to try him out at CHF but yeah the move has to be made soon.
Nope, has to add more strings to his bow, he's slow on the lead like what Lake was but Lake was rarely beaten one on one. Roughy was towelled up on blokes similar size to him last year like Cloke and Carlisle. He has to get better in marking duels against power forwards, hopefully his shoulder is better now but I can't see why it would've affected him that badly last year.

Nope, has to add more strings to his bow, he's slow on the lead like what Lake was but Lake was rarely beaten one on one. Roughy was towelled up on blokes similar size to him last year like Cloke and Carlisle. He has to get better in marking duels against power forwards, hopefully his shoulder is better now but I can't see why it would've affected him that badly last year.
Lake was a fraction of the player roughy has been at this age.

Not too slow for his position either, especially with the modern day congested forward lines.

Roughy was good in marking duals in 2013- 2014 he had his reasons for struggling. The fact he was still a best 22 player with one arm says a lot about his character and capacity to improve

Lake was a fraction of the player roughy has been at this age.

Not too slow for his position either, especially with the modern day congested forward lines.

Roughy was good in marking duals in 2013- 2014 he had his reasons for struggling. The fact he was still a best 22 player with one arm says a lot about his character and capacity to improve
Might want to check out the 2007 B & F results.

He was taking the number 1 KPF since 05

Might want to check out the 2007 B & F results.

He was taking the number 1 KPF since 05
Haha whoops. I remember though that he was seen as pretty crap for a long while and then just came good.

Regardless, roughy is tracking just fine. Quality young big and a real natural defender. Surprised so many views are to the contrary but that's the way it is I guess

Haha whoops. I remember though that he was seen as pretty crap for a long while and then just came good.

Regardless, roughy is tracking just fine. Quality young big and a real natural defender. Surprised so many views are to the contrary but that's the way it is I guess
There is no doubt Roughead is better behind the ball, what he needs is
some support back there in the shape of Talia, Roberts or even Hamling
so they as a defensive group can adjust better to opponents and not
just use the Morris default.

Question, why in the list did you use his first name and all the other players in the line up their surname?
It wasn't me who posted that team, it was acker.

Don't think there's any doubt boyd, Minson, Morris, murphy and Picken all play.

Yeah you are probably right, but 4 (out of 5) ordinary ball users there...hope by year's end we aren't so reliant on Picken and M Boyd in particular.

Last edited:
No room for the skipper??

Knew I missed someone! :eek: Murph in, Dickson out (Murphy at half-forward.)

Skilled small blokes > Unskilled big blokes. I don't get what the big deal is if a player is sub 180/185 mid. They just need to know how to outsmart the bigger blokes.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back