2015 Round 1 Line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's all wait for the scans.. He did jog off, even after ACL's people can walk but not really jog. Even a minor strain & he'll play round 1

Hope he's ok even he does play against us in Round One. Wouldn't wish an ACL on anyone.

Does everything think Roughead will go to the opposition's no.1 key forward every week (assuming in the team)? Or will he play just against deep tall ff's

Hi all
I am new to Bigfooty, but a big Bulldogs supporter, so I thought that I would give my team for round 1.

FB Wood Rough Morris
HB Murphy Talia Darley
C Grant M. Boyd JJ
HF Bontempelli Redpath Stringer
FF Hrovat T. Boyd Macrae
F Minson Libba Jong
Int. Dahlhaus Stevens Jong
Sub. Hunter

Welcome. Hope u enjoy bf

Does everything think Roughead will go to the opposition's no.1 key forward every week (assuming in the team)? Or will he play just against deep tall ff's
I hope with Beveridge in charge we're a bit more flexible with our definition of Roughead's role. The full back role has changed - it's no longer a non-negotiable that your full back plays on the best key forward, nor that he just plays on the deepest forward. Roughead should be played against the opponent which he matches up best on, whether that's the best key forward or the eighth forward, for mine.

I hope with Beveridge in charge we're a bit more flexible with our definition of Roughead's role. The full back role has changed - it's no longer a non-negotiable that your full back plays on the best key forward, nor that he just plays on the deepest forward. Roughead should be played against the opponent which he matches up best on, whether that's the best key forward or the eighth forward, for mine.
This makes too much sense. Only thing stopping that is our lack of other genuine (and I use that term loosely) defenders. If Talia or one of the other young talls come on, then I hope we have the flexibility and versatility to be able to play Roughy like that.

This makes too much sense. Only thing stopping that is our lack of other genuine (and I use that term loosely) defenders. If Talia or one of the other young talls come on, then I hope we have the flexibility and versatility to be able to play Roughy like that.

Not sure it's likely in 2015. Think Roberts and Talia need a year pinning down a key back man role.

Macrae's is in for one tough year if Libba's out for the season... He'll have blokes hanging off him every second of the game.

Does Boyd move back into the midfield? Jong? Stringer?

Wood - Roughead - Morris
Johannisen - Talia - Murphy
Macrae - Wallis - Stevens
Dahlhaus - Redpath - Stringer
Dickson - T Boyd - Honeychurch
Minson - M Boyd - Bontempelli
Hrovat - Hunter - Picken - Jong

Campbell or Cordy could push Minno out. Not sure about Spindleshanks. Jong will play. Hamling could contend too, we'll see how he goes against Melbourne & Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You evoked the wrath of the footy gods !
Oh please, when have the footy gods ever been on our side :p

Devastated for Libba and Easy. Shithouse way to kick off the preseason.

its the most important player curse
video for both of the players
guess that is why richmond didn't play their stars, risking injuries

Can happen at any time, if he didn't play this week could have been next.

It's crap but the team will be okay, back the players and coaches to move on and hopefully another player stands up.

Maybe it means CD gets an early shot that he wouldn't have otherwise got and hopefully we can unearth another young star.

Can happen at any time, if he didn't play this week could have been next.

It's crap but the team will be okay, back the players and coaches to move on and hopefully another player stands up.

Maybe it means CD gets an early shot that he wouldn't have otherwise got and hopefully we can unearth another young star.
yeah, I am hoping
it will be a big test for the new coach

Round 1 team after nab cup impressions
Wood Roughead Morris
Murphy Talia Biggs
Bont Wallis Hrovat
Hunter Redpath Dahl
Dickson TBoyd Stringer
Minson Mboyd Macrae
Jong Picken Stevens Jj

Based on yesterday...

B: Morris Roughead Wood
HB: Murphy Hamling m.Boyd
C: Macrae Wallis Stevens
HF: Dickson Stringer Crameri
FF: t.Boyd Redpath Picken
Ruck: Minson Bontempelli Dahlhaus
Int: Jong JJ Hrovat Talia

Not convinced about Picken in fwd line but sounds like this is the plan. Hopefully Rat and Crameri available. Talia and Hamling in side allows Rough to ruck.

My team last Oct:
FB Wood Roughy Morris
HB Murphy Roberts Biggs
C Macrae Wallis Bontempelli
HF Crameri Stringer Dalhaus
FF Hunter Boyd Dickson

R Minson Libba Jong

INT Picken JJ Hrovat
SUB Stevens

My team in Feb:
FB Wood Roughead Morris
HB Murphy Talia Biggs
HF Hunter Stringer Picken
FF Boyd Redpath Dalhaus

R Minson Libba Jong
INT Stevens Hrovat JJ
SUB M.Boyd

My team now:

FB Wood Roughead Morris
HB Murphy Talia Darley
HF Hunter Redpath Stringer
FF Picken Toyd Dalhaus

R Minson Moyd Jong
INT Dickson Hrovat JJ
SUB Stevens

Taking yesterday into account (including Libba's and Hrovat's injuries):

Morris Roughead Wood
Murphy Talia Biggs*

Macrae Wallis Bontempelli

Picken Redpath Crameri
Dickson Boyd Dahlhaus

Minson Boyd Stevens

Stringer Johannisen Honeychurch/Darley
Jong

EMG: Campbell Hamling Hunter

*Still think he's in - hopefully his injury isn't too significant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back