News 2015 SC Injuries & Suspensions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murphy will be fine for round 1 unless it gets worse. Stop henny pennying!

Speaking of Carlton, since they can't get worse, who out of their young brigade is going to step up? Bell, Cripps, Graham? Whiley too I suppose, though specifically avoiding Blaine but it does seem obvious he will play. A lot of serviceable players in the team, but not really anyone that looks like they could jump up a level either. Carrots/Judd going backwards, then in that middle range there's Curnow, Everitt, Yarran?, Thomas, Tutt, Armfield. Underwhelming. Hopefully the kids are alright.

Speaking of Carlton, since they can't get worse, who out of their young brigade is going to step up? Bell, Cripps, Graham? Whiley too I suppose, though specifically avoiding Blaine but it does seem obvious he will play. A lot of serviceable players in the team, but not really anyone that looks like they could jump up a level either. Carrots/Judd going backwards, then in that middle range there's Curnow, Everitt, Yarran?, Thomas, Tutt, Armfield. Underwhelming. Hopefully the kids are alright.
They could prop up the ladder in 2015, that would be worse than 2014's ranking.

I have heard some good things about Clem Smith. He'd be my smokey to step in for Carlton this year.

Clem will be good for 60-70 as a cash cow. Spewing he's a SC mid though.
Agreed. When are positions finalised? I recall Blicavs only having fwd status and then upgraded to ruck DPP during preseason.

Agreed. When are positions finalised? I recall Blicavs only having fwd status and then upgraded to ruck DPP during preseason.
He was mid only and CD were embarrassed into giving him DPP. As far as I can recall its the first and last time CD made a positional change preseason.

Last edited:
He was mid only and CD were embarrassed into giving him DPP. As far as I can recall its the first and last time CD made a positional change preseason.

And dare I say, first & last time we will see a Mid/Ruc DPP player.

Concern with Clem is he went AWOL (in terms of performances) just about every game during his draft year. It's why he went from a top ten pick to 40-odd.

Possible ACL for Eric McKenzie, waiting for scans results this morning.
It could open up a spot for McGovern to go back, Sinclair forward or Lamb.
Maybe Barass to come in for a few, rookie defender 123K.
Watch this space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possible ACL for Eric McKenzie, waiting for scans results this morning.
It could open up a spot for McGovern to go back, Sinclair forward or Lamb.
Maybe Barass to come in for a few, rookie defender 123K.
Watch this space.
What is Barass' SC scoring like?

What is Barass' SC scoring like?
Drafted 2013. He hasn't been able to get on the park, played 8 WAFL reserves games and was put on the long term injury list last year.
194cm, 85 kg defender. WCE tall stocks could dip really low with Darling, (not a certain starter, hasn't had any preseason minutes at all) Glass (retired) and McKenzie (fingers crossed its not a ACL) all missing.
Edit: Draft year 2013

Drafted 2014. He hasn't been able to get on the park, played 8 WAFL reserves games and was put on the long term injury list last year.
194cm, 85 kg defender. WCE tall stocks could dip really low with Darling, (not a certain starter, hasn't had any preseason minutes at all) Glass (retired) and McKenzie (fingers crossed its not a ACL) all missing.
I might get him in, as Dan McKenzie seems to have disappeared and may be unlikely to play round 1

Keep a watch on Libba, he went down early with what looks like a knee injury, managed to hobble off okay enough.
Yeah heard about this. Reports it could be an ACL which is terrible news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back