Position 2015 SuperCoach forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Norf Kangaroos fans - any idea on your forward set up this year? Not strictly SC-specific but with Waite now there how will you fit everyone in and is it a case of Brown v Black for that last tall spot, and Tarrant covers the defence?
Tarrant definitely to defence.

Brad has gone with 3 genuine talls before -- Petrie, Tarrant, Hansen in 2012 -- but 2 KPFs and a 3rd tall since then. I'd expect them to start with Petrie, Waite, Black and have some selection headaches once Brown is fit. Wood should also play his share of games this year and is a similar build to Black, but better tank and can get up the ground more. I'd personally like to see him picked as a tall winger but I don't think the club sees it that way.

Thomas the only stay at home small, with Harvey, Ziebell, Higgins, and one more (Turner, Adams, Garner) rotating through. Macmillan or Wright could go to HF if they have a specific defensive forward assignment.

Tarrant definitely to defence.

Brad has gone with 3 genuine talls before -- Petrie, Tarrant, Hansen in 2012 -- but 2 KPFs and a 3rd tall since then. I'd expect them to start with Petrie, Waite, Black and have some selection headaches once Brown is fit. Wood should also play his share of games this year and is a similar build to Black, but better tank and can get up the ground more. I'd personally like to see him picked as a tall winger but I don't think the club sees it that way.

Thomas the only stay at home small, with Harvey, Ziebell, Higgins, and one more (Turner, Adams, Garner) rotating through. Macmillan or Wright could go to HF if they have a specific defensive forward assignment.
Will Brown be right by Rd1? If they go with no back-up ruckman, it makes Goldy even more enticing. I may have to find the extra cash and get him in.
Add Cunnington to the forward rotations also. Looks dangerous when played there

All the talk at North is he will play forward of the centre. Meaning we aim to rotate him fwd/mid for the most part.
He may have occasional stints at HB though.

Strange, I've read so far
Atley, boomer, wells ,swallow , zeibell, bastinac, dalsanto are all playing that role as well

I have a 'lock' 250-299k forward who will average 90+ this year. Can you guess who it is?

I have a 'lock' 250-299k forward who will average 90+ this year. Can you guess who it is?
Easy, Ayce Cordy.

Seriously, it's Troy Menzel right?

No & no. :cool:

Clue: Not a Carlton player
It's definitely one of Kennedy, Grigg, Kerridge, Beams or Michington.

I'll guess Beams.

Are you staying in brissy

It's definitely one of Kennedy, Grigg, Kerridge, Beams or Michington.

I'll guess Beams.

Claye Beams playing with his brother will be a massive boost for his confidence. I remembered his old man saying 2 years ago that Claye would be just as good as Dayne if it were not for injuries. Read the other day that Claye Beams & Daniel Rich will be Brissy's HBF's this year. At 280k I'm willing to designate F4 to Claye Beams if he is named for Rd1. Hanley missing half the season pretty much make him a lock as a cheap mid pricer. Just spewing he's not a SC Defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beams 90+. Kid has potential but there are just too many points to go round in Brisbane. Can't see him sustaining that. A full season I reckon he can be in the 70-80avg bracket

Claye's a talented player but I reckon you're pushing itvto say he's a 90+ lock. Yes a lot of injury and sub affected games, but consider he has only ever scored above 80 5 times in his 28 game career, 4 of which were in 2012. If I were you Gingy I'd try find out his role in 2012 to perhaps give me more confidence but can you expect him to average 90+ when he's only done that 3 times in a single game?
Plus he's had injury woes.

Not a bad name to throw around but in my team when I'm already going risky in the backline (1 of Newnes/McKenzie at D3 & 1 of Sutcliffe/Savage at D4) I can't afford to pick him, I guess if the rest of your team is solid you could pick him in the hope he ends up close to a straight swap for an underperforming forward premo.

Claye Beams playing with his brother will be a massive boost for his confidence. I remembered his old man saying 2 years ago that Claye would be just as good as Dayne if it were not for injuries. Read the other day that Claye Beams & Daniel Rich will be Brissy's HBF's this year. At 280k I'm willing to designate F4 to Claye Beams if he is named for Rd1. Hanley missing half the season pretty much make him a lock as a cheap mid pricer. Just spewing he's not a SC Defender.
Yep, whenever I have wanted an impartial observers opinion I just ask that player's dad.

Will Brown be right by Rd1? If they go with no back-up ruckman, it makes Goldy even more enticing. I may have to find the extra cash and get him in.
Add Cunnington to the forward rotations also. Looks dangerous when played there
I think he'll be fit for selection but will need some match fitness before he's considered for the seniors.

Honestly don't think Goldy's ruck time changes whether the backup is Petrie, Brown, Daw or chopout-by-committee.

Crows Tom Lynch if injury free is the type of player to score very well. Has had a full pre sseason and will be wathcing his role with interest.

What makes you think that? Just had a squiz at his stats and they don't look too promising.
Turning 25, played less then 40 games, only scored over 100 four times I think.
And has had a pretty dodgy run with injuries like you've mentioned.

Crows Tom Lynch if injury free is the type of player to score very well. Has had a full pre sseason and will be wathcing his role with interest.
I think his other namesake is going to go into 90plus premium territory. Gun forward but not the stones to pick a KPF this year.

So many 90+ players this year. Nearly everyone is going to be a premium

Then you move the bar up to 100+. The score is only a 'rough line in the sand'.

Bruest could ave 90, but wouldn't want him as your F6 this year.

90+ will be the go down back though.

What makes you think that? Just had a squiz at his stats and they don't look too promising.
Turning 25, played less then 40 games, only scored over 100 four times I think.
And has had a pretty dodgy run with injuries like you've mentioned.

Gut feel. He is a running player and will possibly alternate between half back and half forward. Will watch in the NAB.

Any interest in Bartel? Was very frustrating last year but I read in another thread that he'll spend more time in the midfield this year

Any interest in Bartel? Was very frustrating last year but I read in another thread that he'll spend more time in the midfield this year

Should definitely be considered but thinnk that with the expected downward trend for the Cats (finally) and his age (31) doesnt scream "pick me". Couple that with the expected improvement in the next generation guys like Gray, Martin etc. in the forwards, Bartell could be a very good point of difference should you take that risk as he will still most likely average 90ppg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back