List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Him to finish a game with better than 54% disposal efficiency?
So Frawley's not getting a game either then?

Seriously, his disposal is good enough, playing in the Saints side means you're always under the pump with terrible options ahead and D.E. is sacrificed.

So Frawley's not getting a game either then?

Seriously, his disposal is good enough, playing in the Saints side means you're always under the pump with terrible options ahead and D.E. is sacrificed.
Surely you are just looking to bait, troll and so forth. Hey I'll buy into that, He is a spud, a dud and a hack, dime a dozen speedy squib would be cheaper to get one from the out metro leagues if you want one.

Surely you are just looking to bait, troll and so forth. Hey I'll buy into that, He is a spud, a dud and a hack, dime a dozen speedy squib would be cheaper to get one from the out metro leagues if you want one.
nothing of the sort, but i don't want to disregard recruiting Steven based on his disposal efficiency in a NAB game where his side got done by 106 points.

So, um, what's it going to take to get Jack Steven?
I love his run, attack on the footy, his 2nd efforts, and his ability to find the footy, but boy his kicking is woeful!
Sure, his disposal isn't helped by the fact he is playing virtually a lone hand in the Saints midfield, but he needs to clean up his disposal to become someone I'd be interested in trading for.
Frawley isn't a great kick either, but his job is to nullify his opponent, and he can dish off the ball to much better kickers around him
Stevens job is to gather and kick
He can gather, and does that well, but he can't kick!

I love his run, attack on the footy, his 2nd efforts, and his ability to find the footy, but boy his kicking is woeful!
Sure, his disposal isn't helped by the fact he is playing virtually a lone hand in the Saints midfield, but he needs to clean up his disposal to become someone I'd be interested in trading for.
Frawley isn't a great kick either, but his job is to nullify his opponent, and he can dish off the ball to much better kickers around him
Stevens job is to gather and kick
He can gather, and does that well, but he can't kick!
agree with all but, maybe with the right teaching & quality players around him, he will improve.
We'll only know the answer if he leaves saints for a better/quality team

Hit it on the head Dewnoir. None of our elite players will be replaced like for like. There could be no replacement for Hodge, Mitch and Burgers. However, think back. Who replaced Stewie Dew, or Crawf, or Judas for that matter. You could say Breust, Burgers and Gunston, and that's probably close, but they don't play like those they have replaced. So it's over to the coaches. They change, tweak, revise, and invent new plans to suit the new boys on the block. How many top coaches have we lost and had to replace?

I have great faith in those running our club, and look forward to being competitive for some years to come.

This.

Hit it on the head Dewnoir. None of our elite players will be replaced like for like. There could be no replacement for Hodge, Mitch and Burgers. However, think back. Who replaced Stewie Dew, or Crawf, or Judas for that matter. You could say Breust, Burgers and Gunston, and that's probably close, but they don't play like those they have replaced. So it's over to the coaches. They change, tweak, revise, and invent new plans to suit the new boys on the block. How many top coaches have we lost and had to replace?

I have great faith in those running our club, and look forward to being competitive for some years to come.

Plus it'll be nice when we nick either Treloar/Shiel off GWS by seasons end :cool::D

There's a KP replacement for Lake.
Cost effective?

I guess replacing Lake was always going to come at huge cost if we get a mid-20's guy. Are we better off chasing another late 20's top up or just chase Rance & set him & Frawley for the next 5 years?

Rance & Frawley are both excellent 1-on-1, but I don't think Stratts is big enough to float around the Back 50m racking up intercept marks at will.

#goodproblemtohave

#can'tbelieveIjustusedahashtag...
(I feel so dirty & like 3/4 my brain just fell out)

Cost effective?

I guess replacing Lake was always going to come at huge cost if we get a mid-20's guy. Are we better off chasing another late 20's top up or just chase Rance & set him & Frawley for the next 5 years?

Rance & Frawley are both excellent 1-on-1, but I don't think Stratts is big enough to float around the Back 50m racking up intercept marks at will.

#goodproblemtohave

#can'tbelieveIjustusedahashtag...
(I feel so dirty & like 3/4 my brain just fell out)
If he's unrestricted we can again use the lure of premiership success in place of a couple hundred grand like we did Frawley.

I'm sure the club will ask his manager. If he's not interested then what ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alex Rance should be premium target número uno.

We have come hard for him in the past, before he was an established star of the game.
He will remember that we wanted him at the club before he became blue chip which may work in our favour when we come calling again.

Alex Rance should be premium target número uno.

We have come hard for him in the past, before he was an established star of the game.
He will remember that we wanted him at the club before he became blue chip which may work in our favour when we come calling again.
Any chance we've "gone hard" for him in the past? It's still not good, but slightly better...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back