Official Club Stuff 2016 Club Memberships - Final Tally now in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

In the greater scheme of things

2016clubmembers20012016.png

Had a squiz at the Bombers & Pies (Eagles too) & its interesting to see the 2016 membership marketing initiatives on display :
Bombers 6 game package
NEW: Flexi 6 Game membership allows you to choose who you go to the footy with and where you sit for 6 home or away games from $170
or
Flexi 3 Game membership allows you to choose who you go to the footy with and where you sit at up to 3 home games from $75

&

Collingwood
Flexi 3 Game
Flexi 3 Game membership allows you to choose who you go to the footy with and where you sit at up to 3 home games $95
Pies 3 game package terms (**General Admission access to three home games of your choice that Collingwood participates in at the MCG and Etihad Stadium in the 2016 AFL Premiership Season*
where *
3.1.1.13 3-Game Blockbuster Package
Entitlements:
  • Reserved seat access to three Collingwood home games at the MCG and Etihad Stadium in the 2016 AFL Premiership Season

Too many extras on offer to compare pricing simply, & the seating capacity available to each club must influence how each club structure offers based on dollars versus membership numbers (ego only surely).

For Eagles followers its about how the club might structure its membership package when Perth Stadium kicks off in season 2018.

Last edited:

I know this is not an exact figure (feel free to ignore)

Crows membership is near 55,000

AFC CEO just said this on Radio FIVEAA Sports Show.

Just seems curious that the AFC are the only club that don't publish their numbers which seems to be defended by some as "we don't want to get into a Dick measuring competition" but whenever interviewed and ultimately asked, the CEO comes up with some vague figure slightly above Ports. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Happy new year to you too.

Tiggies going nicely and good to see GWS posting encouraging numbers.
Tigers going very nicely. My memory tells me they had a huge Feb last year. If they can enter March still a few thousand ahead of last year they will be well placed for 75,000.

Also strong numbers from Bulldogs, Hawks and a couple of interstate teams.

Not convinced Carltons membership is tracking as well as previously thought. I still think they may fall short of 50,000 in 2016.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All clubs appear to be posting pretty good numbers, except pies (coming off a very high base), and lions are stagnant.

But - it might be just the automatic renewal process playing out across most members now.

Pies numbers will be fine, they just arent reporting them.

Tigers going very nicely. My memory tells me they had a huge Feb last year. If they can enter March still a few thousand ahead of last year they will be well placed for 75,000.
You're right about having a strong Feb last year. That's because there was a price rise at the end of Feb and the club heavily advertised to buy the membership to beat the price rise. It meant we had a strong Feb last year, but a weak March because people who were going to buy in March bought in Feb instead. Because of that I'm expecting us to have a weak Feb compared to last year but a stronger March compared to last year.

Not convinced Carltons membership is tracking as well as previously thought. I still think they may fall short of 50,000 in 2016.
Carlton are 3000 up on this time last year. Seeing that they ended with 47,000 they will crack the 50,000 if they keep that lead. However, I remember that their membership numbers were incredibly poor this time last year. I'm not sure of the details, but there were massive problems with the membership dept and a lot of people didn't sign. They effectively made a plea in the media for the members to sign up and went on an massive campaign to get them signed. In mid Feb to the start of the season I think they went from signing around 500 in a week to signing 300-500 a day. I don't think they will replicate that and have as strong Feb-March as last year.

But - it might be just the automatic renewal process playing out across most members now.
That's the path a lot seem to have taken and it's an easier scenario.

Hawthorn-63,430
Collingwood~60,000
Richmond-58,018(53,125)
West Coast-55,881
Adelaide~55,000
Port Adelaide-53,402
Fremantle-46,283
Essendon-45,908
Geelong-42,537
Carlton-34,895
North Melbourne-29,568
St Kilda-28,243