Game Day 2016 Elim Final-Roos V Crows- Official Game Day Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We like being the hunter, not the hunted. Tonight will suit us. Yes my anticipation is low, but hopefully that will allow me to enjoy the game, rather than hating it. I would love to say goodbye to the boys in Melbourne, just gotta get two wins hey? But let's make it 4...

Regardless of our form coming into this game and how flat i'v felt lately with the team.
It's game day it's a final and i know i will be a nervous wreck the closer it gets.
Form goes out the window as we saw with Wet Toast. The week off should work in our favour and our form in finals in the last few yrs is a positive also.

So what do we reckon?

Tarrant - Walker
Hansen - Jenkins
McDonald - Lynch
Atley - Betts
Mullett - Cameron
Spud - ??

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see us play Hansen or Spud as a spare behind the ball to try and cut of their really dangerous counters that always seems to see a spare Adelaide man out the back.

I suspect an embarrassing thumping.

Very little adds up to point otherwise im afraid.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

We will hang in for a quarter and a half before drifting away. I'd be shattered if it's a 60+ hiding, the four amigos don't need to go out like that.

Watched highlights of the winning finals from the last couple of years and it filled me with confidence but that has been replaced with cold stark reality. We are shot. I'll be cheering regardless

Will be up and about once it starts no doubt cheering them on.

But no doubt i'm worried about a hammering, and hence the flood of texts laughing at how crap we are for an old team.

Hope they prove a lot wrong, including plenty of us, that they are up to the challenge and start backing up all the talk off-field :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the play
Regardless of our form coming into this game and how flat i'v felt lately with the team.
It's game day it's a final and i know i will be a nervous wreck the closer it gets.
Form goes out the window as we saw with Wet Toast. The week off should work in our favour and our form in finals in the last few yrs is a positive also.
if the players need inspiration Iv just watched GWS give it to Sydney in the 1st quater they never took a backward step that's what our club the NMFC need to do play the game fu::ing hard don't let them breath this your time Now and to qoate a former coach of our clu
Don't think Do

So what do we reckon?

Tarrant - Walker
Hansen - Jenkins
McDonald - Lynch
Atley - Betts
Mullett - Cameron
Spud - ??

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see us play Hansen or Spud as a spare behind the ball to try and cut of their really dangerous counters that always seems to see a spare Adelaide man out the back.
Tarrant - Walker
Spud - Jenkins
Hansen - McGovern
McDonald - Lynch
Atley - Betts
Mullett - Cameron

I haven't been that big (or not) on Maj. I've liked him, but he had seemed to just really lack footy senses. I think that has changed a lot this past 18 months and I am genuinely excited to see him in the team and playing a final. I think he can genuinely change a game for us if he turns on everything he has. Such a high ceiling in this mans game.

If we only had Mason healthy too :(

As far as selections go, with our injuries, I think they have the best team on the ground. I would of given a game to EVW in the last two rounds and made him available for this final, but since he hasn't had those games, we just cannot pick him.

Tarrant - Walker
Spud - Jenkins
Hansen - McGovern
McDonald - Lynch
Atley - Betts
Mullett - Cameron
I forgot about McGovern. But I think I would prefer to see Spud playing on him rather than Jenkins. Hansen to Jenkins for me.

Tarrant - Walker
Spud - Jenkins
Hansen - McGovern
McDonald - Lynch
Atley - Betts
Mullett - Cameron
Brad needs to shake it up.

I wouldn't mind seeing Drew go to Jenkins, Spuds not a good match up.

At least give it a quarter to see how it pans out?

It also might throw out their defensive structures? Also by playing smaller we may be able to blunt their rebound footy?

The only thing I can think of to hang my hat on is that we've won every Harvey milestone game. Last game for North - you don't get more milestone than that! On the other hand, the only way he can retain that record is if we win the flag. Every game is a potential final NM milestone for him.

Betts would run rings around LMac if he got separation...
I worry more about Atley one on one. Didn't L-Mac do a good job on Rioli until he did his hammy when he ran down Cyril?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back