2016 NFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

I've heard there are quite a few returning to Panther Place now that Mario has nicked off.

I've heard there are quite a few returning to Panther Place now that Mario has nicked off.
Few old heads came back night one and a few more have said they want to come back but until I see them down there, might as well be p*ssing in the wind.

Bundoora a real dark horse for mine in 2017.

Nathan Thomas will be elite in the NFL, as well as Dyson who i assume is playing coach(??), and im hearing they are close with a recently delisted AFL player.

Bit going on at Yulong.

..... Dyson who i assume is playing coach(??), and im hearing they are close with a recently delisted AFL player.

Yes I have heard a rumor or two that maybe more than one ex-AFL are being lured by the new playing coach at Yulong.

Will be very interesting.

Just wondering which players are heading back to Eltham?

Did hear the gun forward from 2 years ago, but what quality. Note I think Eltham have a reasonable list to start with and think haven't achieved what they could/should.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long time reader first time writer, this is my point of view and how I see the next 10 months playing out.

Heidelberg will premiers again, people have consistently talked about how they fail, the money's dried up, yet all but one year they have not been at the pointy end. Very few of there recruits fail, magner being the first I can remember for a long time. They might of recruited old but I bet they still get the job done. They also obviously have a plan to beat the points by paying players to play 19s and recruiting a quality coach. Also the president has been quoted in saying no salary cap will concern him as no one will ever see his real books. Still wants a crack at Eastern FL.

Greensborough will be there strongest competition. No way Hyde would of knifed his predecessor the way he did if he didn't have a plan. They may loose a few but would be surprised if they where not replacing them. The writing was on the wall for BT when after the first Monty loss Hyde was at training and giving the boys a red hot spray. All that could save BT was a premiership.

Macleod will go well but losing who they have might be brought back to the pack. Still missing a Ruckmen with long just doing the job. There backline will struggle minus Shaw. They have lost a lot of run if paynter and Hobbs gone. Will put a lot of pressure on mckeown.

Bundoora could be the big movers of the rumors are true. Reportedly offered the old eltham FF big cash, which I'm sure will play apart in his decision, is talk of an overseas vacation though which wouldn't fly at bundy. Need another option than morecroft and will need to strengthen up down back if they have lost who they have.

Not a lot heard about Northcote but I think they will be much the same. With a heavy reliance on bronick. They will go well the games they get there vfl listed players back.

Haven't heard a lot from the monty crowd we used to be very chirpy this time of year. I think they will improve there youth and will be a challenge at home. I think they will wait a one or two more years before there push. Will have lost bomber by then who is still a key player.

West Preston will do there usual recruit of one ex AFL player and think there problems will be solved. Unlikely and even since the days of Vin coaching down there have had a predictable game plan sticking to one side. He did get the result though.

Eltham will forever be insignificant as they let the players run the show and only recruit from within. They say old players have returned but the best they have done in 40 odd years is third, and they sacked there most successful coach in 40 years also. They will be ok on there day, but with no real quality coming in will be fighting of relegation. It will be interesting to see if they lose any. Already a hole down back with Richardson retiring.

Whittlesea will be much the same. There improvement was good and will always be hard to beat at home.

I do not know a lot about hursty so I will not comment but obviously there goal is to stay in divvy 1.

I dunno if it's worth the read it's just what I've learnt after many years of watching diamond valley. Should be another interesting season, now back to the beers

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Long time reader first time writer, this is my point of view and how I see the next 10 months playing out.

Heidelberg will premiers again, people have consistently talked about how they fail, the money's dried up, yet all but one year they have not been at the pointy end. Very few of there recruits fail, magner being the first I can remember for a long time. They might of recruited old but I bet they still get the job done. They also obviously have a plan to beat the points by paying players to play 19s and recruiting a quality coach. Also the president has been quoted in saying no salary cap will concern him as no one will ever see his real books. Still wants a crack at Eastern FL.

Greensborough will be there strongest competition. No way Hyde would of knifed his predecessor the way he did if he didn't have a plan. They may loose a few but would be surprised if they where not replacing them. The writing was on the wall for BT when after the first Monty loss Hyde was at training and giving the boys a red hot spray. All that could save BT was a premiership.

Macleod will go well but losing who they have might be brought back to the pack. Still missing a Ruckmen with long just doing the job. There backline will struggle minus Shaw. They have lost a lot of run if paynter and Hobbs gone. Will put a lot of pressure on mckeown.

Bundoora could be the big movers of the rumors are true. Reportedly offered the old eltham FF big cash, which I'm sure will play apart in his decision, is talk of an overseas vacation though which wouldn't fly at bundy. Need another option than morecroft and will need to strengthen up down back if they have lost who they have.

Not a lot heard about Northcote but I think they will be much the same. With a heavy reliance on bronick. They will go well the games they get there vfl listed players back.

Haven't heard a lot from the monty crowd we used to be very chirpy this time of year. I think they will improve there youth and will be a challenge at home. I think they will wait a one or two more years before there push. Will have lost bomber by then who is still a key player.

West Preston will do there usual recruit of one ex AFL player and think there problems will be solved. Unlikely and even since the days of Vin coaching down there have had a predictable game plan sticking to one side. He did get the result though.

Eltham will forever be insignificant as they let the players run the show and only recruit from within. They say old players have returned but the best they have done in 40 odd years is third, and they sacked there most successful coach in 40 years also. They will be ok on there day, but with no real quality coming in will be fighting of relegation. It will be interesting to see if they lose any. Already a hole down back with Richardson retiring.

Whittlesea will be much the same. There improvement was good and will always be hard to beat at home.

I do not know a lot about hursty so I will not comment but obviously there goal is to stay in divvy 1.

I dunno if it's worth the read it's just what I've learnt after many years of watching diamond valley. Should be another interesting season, now back to the beers

Good reading Shuga Kane

emoji482.png

So did you run into the HFC president or did he ring you with that quote about the cap? and did he give you any indication on how much the under 19s would be payed ?

Just wondering which players are heading back to Eltham?

Did hear the gun forward from 2 years ago, but what quality. Note I think Eltham have a reasonable list to start with and think haven't achieved what they could/should.
Well I can drop names but until they sign, I'll have egg on my face. Can tell you there are talks with a rep ruckman from up north

I actually overheard him say "they won't get a look at the real books". I don't think vinnie has taken the the job on to coach last years team (the bye) or I doubt highly he is doing it for free.

Eltham in talks with the ruckmen from Shepp united, he also in talks with hurstbridge as they look to replace kruiser.

I actually overheard him say "they won't get a look at the real books". I don't think vinnie has taken the the job on to coach last years team (the bye) or I doubt highly he is doing it for free.

Eltham in talks with the ruckmen from Shepp united, he also in talks with hurstbridge as they look to replace kruiser.

You actually overheard, you don't think and you doubt highly.
You're perfect for this.

Eltham's coached wasn't sacked he was asked to re apply and didn't.
From what I have been informed he treated a lot of people within the club poorly and left on a very sour note.

Eltham's coached wasn't sacked he was asked to re apply and didn't.
From what I have been informed he treated a lot of people within the club poorly and left on a very sour note.
Losing interest with 4 weeks left of the season, not coming to training and having very little to do with game day. He wrote his own destiny. There's more to it than treating people poorly. Didn't show for end of season celebrations/commiserations or come to presentation night.

Burnt a lot of bridges during his tenure. Looking at the people flooding back to the club and the general vibe at preaseason. It's a lot more than not reapplying for head position. Why do you think he only managed an assistant gig after so many years at the helm? Can't be trusted with power with an ego like that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back